A little lost since EoD

SoulSin.5682

Hello

Planning to play the game again. I've quitted in the last chapter of PoF living World (Champions).

Question one: Is purchasing EoD and the new Living World chapters individually the cheapest method?

Question two: Why is there dots [...] in my PoF story journal? Anything got retconned? 

Question three: What are relics? Any other mechanic change I should be aware off?

Living World ended with Icebrood Saga. It moved to EoD (plus the Gyala Delves extra episode which is free with it) and SoTo which a mini expac. 

Relics are new equipment slots. The 6th bonus effect from runes was removed and replaced with these (not necs like for like either) and moved to its own slot

Nothing has been retconned

21 minutes ago, SoulSin.5682 said:

Question one: Is purchasing EoD and the new Living World chapters individually the cheapest method?

If you've got everything up to the end of the Icebrood Saga then the only things you need to buy to have the entire game are End of Dragons and Secrets of the Obscure.

What used to be Living World episodes/seasons are now included as part of the expansions, so if you buy the expansion you'll have them as well. (They don't have seperate sections in the story journal but do have their own achievement categories.)

16 minutes ago, SoulSin.5682 said:

Question two: Why is there dots [...] in my PoF story journal? Anything got retconned?

Are they in between 1. Sparking the Flame and 2. Blazing a Trail? If so I see the same on my account, and I think it's a bug. As far as I know nothing about the PoF story has changed.

28 minutes ago, SoulSin.5682 said:

Question three: What are relics? Any other mechanic change I should be aware off?

Basically the 6th rune, but as a seperate item. You still have 6 runes on your armour, but instead of 5 stat boosts and a bonus effect they give 6 stat boosts, and then you can pick a seperate relic for a bonus effect.

There will have been a lot of changes since Icebrood Saga ended, but I'm not sure which ones you'd consider important and I doubt I could remember them all. But for one thing End of Dragons included a full set of new elite specs, so that will have changed a lot.