Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Why ele doesn't have two weapon skill options


Junkpile.7439

Recommended Posts

It was shocking when i noticed that ranger hammer skills have two options. Why ele weapon doesn't have this? Like i could select skills that hit hard, but only do power damage. So sick of this hybrid celestial kitten. At least remove condi damage from staff and scepter and give damage boost. Nobody wanna play hybrid staff build. It's just so moronic idea. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Junkpile.7439 changed the title to Why ele doesn't have two weapon skill options
On 11/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, Junkpile.7439 said:

It was shocking when i noticed that ranger hammer skills have two options. Why ele weapon doesn't have this? Like i could select skills that hit hard, but only do power damage. So sick of this hybrid celestial kitten. At least remove condi damage from staff and scepter and give damage boost. Nobody wanna play hybrid staff build. It's just so moronic idea. 🤦‍♂️

I... don't really understand your complaint. Staff is already not meant to be a hybrid weapon, it doesn't do enough condi damage for that to be viable. You run it as support or pure power and it does perfectly fine in WvW for that purpose. It's not really great in PvE in general, but that's part of a different problem. Celestial builds don't really use staff because it's already a very middle of the road weapon, you're way more likely see sword/focus/warhorn or daggers on cele because they're more versatile than staff.

When you say "2 options" on Ranger hammer, are you talking about unleashed skills? That's not a feature of the weapon by itself, that's a core mechanic of Untamed specifically. No other weapons for Ranger do this besides the single unleashed ambush skill on all the weapons when specifically playing Untamed. Elementalist gives you 4 different sets of skills *per weapon* because of attunement. They don't need to throw in the ability to flip between two attacks for every skill on every weapon in every attunement. Weaver is already bloated enough on skills without that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

I... don't really understand your complaint. Staff is already not meant to be a hybrid weapon, it doesn't do enough condi damage for that to be viable. You run it as support or pure power and it does perfectly fine in WvW for that purpose. It's not really great in PvE in general, but that's part of a different problem. Celestial builds don't really use staff because it's already a very middle of the road weapon, you're way more likely see sword/focus/warhorn or daggers on cele because they're more versatile than staff.

When you say "2 options" on Ranger hammer, are you talking about unleashed skills? That's not a feature of the weapon by itself, that's a core mechanic of Untamed specifically. No other weapons for Ranger do this besides the single unleashed ambush skill on all the weapons when specifically playing Untamed. Elementalist gives you 4 different sets of skills *per weapon* because of attunement. They don't need to throw in the ability to flip between two attacks for every skill on every weapon in every attunement. Weaver is already bloated enough on skills without that.

Sure it's weapon feature if all specs can use that feature 🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2023 at 2:26 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

It was shocking when i noticed that ranger hammer skills have two options. Why ele weapon doesn't have this? Like i could select skills that hit hard, but only do power damage. So sick of this hybrid celestial kitten. At least remove condi damage from staff and scepter and give damage boost. Nobody wanna play hybrid staff build. It's just so moronic idea. 🤦‍♂️

You clearly dont play ele enough if you are saying that.  Most of the hard hitting skills comes from combos for ele, not sure how it goes for ranger, but the last time i played the class inst combo heavy like elementalist.

Staff already doenst do condi dmg, not sure why you are complaining about staff condi. And the scepter condi, comes from the combos blaster the weapon have and the offhand. change the off hand to dagger and see if you can do even a decent condi dmg as elementalist, hell even as weaver. 

About celestial, you dont have to run as cele anywhere to be viable, you can run as power or full bruiser and still viable.  Also, who in the world would run celestial staff? srsly, with staff you go as support (which inst that great to begin with) or full power. theres no middle ground for this weapon. 

Now, to anwser your main question. why elementalist doenst have two options for skills? Because it inst ranger. Different classes does have different playstyles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Sure it's weapon feature if all specs can use that feature 🤦‍♂️

Gotta admit, Ranger is my least played class so I wasn't aware that all specs get both versions of hammer. That's on me.

The rest of my points still stand. Ele already has more weapon skills than any other class in the game, they don't need more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mokoshakar.1436 said:

You clearly dont play ele enough if you are saying that.  Most of the hard hitting skills comes from combos for ele, not sure how it goes for ranger, but the last time i played the class inst combo heavy like elementalist.

Staff already doenst do condi dmg, not sure why you are complaining about staff condi. And the scepter condi, comes from the combos blaster the weapon have and the offhand. change the off hand to dagger and see if you can do even a decent condi dmg as elementalist, hell even as weaver. 

About celestial, you dont have to run as cele anywhere to be viable, you can run as power or full bruiser and still viable.  Also, who in the world would run celestial staff? srsly, with staff you go as support (which inst that great to begin with) or full power. theres no middle ground for this weapon. 

Now, to anwser your main question. why elementalist doenst have two options for skills? Because it inst ranger. Different classes does have different playstyles.

Maybe that little bit burning and bleeding is reason why anet keep staff power damage so low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Elementalists are kinda struggling right now, you know? They're not shining as much as they could, especially in WvW. So, why not give them a little boost by adding two weapon skill options?

It's like, Elementalists face some real challenges, and having more weapon skills could be the key to help them tackle those obstacles. The goal here is to make playing as an Elementalist more fun and competitive for everyone.

It's not about making Elementalists too strong; it's more about making the class more balanced and giving players more cool choices to make during the game. So yeah, adding those extra weapon skills sounds like a solid idea according to the community.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...