World Linking 11/24/2023

Roy Marks.7689

4 hours ago, Tum.5894 said:

Just boycott World v World this week until the match against Fissure Of Woe is over.

Let everything burn, They will have no fun when there is nothing for them to cap.

This way, just maybe the devs will start fixing this problem.

Why would Fissure Of Woe even get a link, when they have been number 1 for ages, and tier 1.

And then poor Desolation, was in tier 5, gets no link, and thrust back in to tier 1 against Fissure oF Woe.

Do the devs play on Fissure Of Woe ? And this is why they always give them more numbers ?

I am actually doing this 😄 as much as I love WvW this match up is no fun at all, and FoW is a toxic bunch as well, I think I got jumped on several times yesterday....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 1:12 PM, Xenon Z.6015 said:

No server from t4 onwards has a lower activity than 3 hours a day, don't be ridiculous. Ever played against any of the EU servers that are set to "Very High"? Most of them field blobs from 8pm till 1-2am AND they have groups running from morning till afternoon. From the time I was linked with Riverside, they only had a big group in the morning (like every other server) and then again in the evening from 8pm till 11pm. In the afternoon it's basically dead, so shouldn't really be a problem for any EU server.

And those are usually the servers you're up against in anything higher than t5. The only one that is permanently in t5 is Baruch because they play in a completely different timezone and even they have more than 3 hours of activity a day. Every server usually has more than 3 hours of activity if they don't want to go down a tier on purpose (like WSR sometimes does so they can farm weak servers).

Riverside activity in  a nutshell. You play the normal timezone and the early morning timezone. Therefore your activity is much higher than that of other servers. It's that easy. As long as you can karma train from 7-11 every morning and have people playing on the normal time of the day you will be considered very active.

https://imgur.com/a/ZSPkmYo.jpg

On 11/25/2023 at 4:12 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

That image only results from not deleting servers.

The logic of a competing team game with a ranking and scoreboard, which presents serious problems of balance and distribution of players, should consider a correction on the merits of these problems. Not the deletion of teams. Because then you're deleting a game mode to offer a different one.  So you don't actually want to fix anything. You want a different way to play.

I admit, now that after a decade I have a connection that may allow it, I may need to grab a second account to come visit the EU side to better understand differences and appreciate more replies. But the grief I will get from guild since already an alt-o-holic. 

🙂 Still might be worth it to pay a visit and enjoy a laugh. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I admit, now that after a decade I have a connection that may allow it, I may need to grab a second account to come visit the EU side to better understand differences and appreciate more replies. But the grief I will get from guild since already an alt-o-holic. 

🙂 Still might be worth it to pay a visit and enjoy a laugh. 🙂 

Choose carefully which server to place your alt on, because in these parts the differences can reach even 4 : 1 without exaggerating.😉

4 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Choose carefully which server to place your alt on, because in these parts the differences can reach even 4 : 1 without exaggerating.😉

I admit, if I have options I might try and visit various places to better understand various posts. In NA I have been on two servers. One I started on and then a second to connect with other Warhammer players. I am not a player to jump servers, here or in Warhammer. Things, at the end, may tend to end badly, but I still will look to defend friends. And its a game. Better to find peeps to laugh with in the end. Good hunting!

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

The logic of a competing team game with a ranking and scoreboard, which presents serious problems of balance and distribution of players, should consider a correction on the merits of these problems. Not the deletion of teams. Because then you're deleting a game mode to offer a different one.  So you don't actually want to fix anything. You want a different way to play.

Yet the correction on those merits is deletion. It sounds like you're fine with one team able to swell in size beyond it's full status whenever there is some new casual event just because of it's 11 year history and not because of any competition. How else would that be corrected?

If a server has 5000 accounts on it because of history, the only fair way to redistribute so teams have only 2500 accounts is to force everyone to pick a new server.

Edited by Chaba.5410

19 hours ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

This is getting ridiculous: https://imgur.com/a/OM8R5bF

For the context, this is not the first time I am against FoW, but this is the first time it's getting this much imbalanced. I was in RoS and Blacktide before and fighting FoW was not that bad, it's a bit annoying at best. But right now it's down right unplayable because every time I see FoW, it's 1 vs 3....

Agreed, and that's coming from the other side of that degenerate matchup. I didn't choose Fort Ranik to end up rolling over the world in T1 in such an unbalanced knock-down. Can't see how that can be fun for anyone tbh, so yeah I'm definitely not seeing the fact that moronic linking won't last for two months as a bad thing even if it's only a short term band-aid 😑

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yet the correction on those merits is deletion.

I don't exactly agree with that. But I can absolutely accept and share it  it as Anet's 'choice'. In any case, these are things that should be said clearly, such as '' guys don't expect corrections or changes that lead to an improvement of WVW, we don't care, because we have chosen to remake a different WVW '' and this awareness would lead us to reason and evaluate and suggest many other things that are inevitably necessary, in my opinion.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

2 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

And yet you have chosen. and you find yourself in the right place at the right time. Strange coincidences at times. Have fun anyway. 😉

Oh I made that choice a few months ago hoping to stay in the middle of the flock. I'm well aware that it's on me and I accept the consequences, even if farfetched enough as to end up linked with FoW of all things. I'm still not happy with that nonsense though 🤐

3 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I don't exactly agree with that. But I can absolutely accept and share it  it as Anet's 'choice'. In any case, these are things that should be said clearly, such as '' guys don't expect corrections or changes that lead to an improvement of WVW, we don't care, because we have chosen to remake a different WVW '' and this awareness would lead us to reason and evaluate and suggest many other things that are inevitably necessary, in my opinion.

Still looking for an answer...  How else would that be corrected?

Let's pretend there is no WR. The only fair way to address uneven distribution would be to kick everyone off all the servers and force them to choose again. It's like a lottery. If you were on a server and want to play again on it, it's first come, first serve. No one gets on the team just because it was your former server. You could've been the 4000th player and there's only 2500 slots.

None of this makes the game any different.

Edit: I should be really clear. You understand that years ago players exploited their way onto Full servers and they have never been removed for it after the exploit was fixed, yes?

Edited by Chaba.5410

43 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Still looking for an answer...  How else would that be corrected?

Let's pretend there is no WR. The only fair way to address uneven distribution would be to kick everyone off all the servers and force them to choose again. It's like a lottery. If you were on a server and want to play again on it, it's first come, first serve. No one gets on the team just because it was your former server. You could've been the 4000th player and there's only 2500 slots.

None of this makes the game any different.

Dear Chaba, it is not worth repeating all the possible changes and checks that the development could gather from the forum and put into practice, try and verify.

By now, Anet has already made its choice. What I'm pointing out is that we're not going towards a design fix, but we're going towards a new design, and as such it would need to take into account other ancillary but still important aspects, in order for this major change to be a success. 

2 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

it would need to take into account other ancillary but still important aspects, in order for this major change to be a success. 

There is nothing ancillary about fixing an exploit and then undoing the damage caused by it. Anet never undid the damage.

On 11/26/2023 at 3:56 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

There's a lot of history about matchmaking that isn't well documented enough for you to learn about to have a competent discussion on the subject; esoterica that newer players are not going to know.

It should be enough to just acknowledge that matches after relinks are pretty random and expected and Anet certainly knows what's going on.

I think you are correct, but that was not what the post said my post was a reaction too. So I am not sure why you react to my post with this reaction. And why mention "newer players"? I am ancient🙂, started playing GW2 before the official release and have never stopped.

17 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There is nothing ancillary about fixing an exploit and then undoing the damage caused by it. Anet never undid the damage.

Yes, but specifically, we are not talking about a fix. At the point when the fix plans to make WVW something else. Is WVW or isn't it a server-based mode that competes with each other? Is there or isn't there a server ranking? Is there or isn't there a reason why it's called world vs world?

So if the choice, if the fix leads you to make the server container useless (in the sense that it will no longer be the reference for anyone) what do we choose to do? Shall we pretend nothing has happened? So it will surely work perfectly on its own. a server-based game mode, while you're making the server useless? Are you really sure?

Edited by Mabi black.1824

15 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Yes, but specifically, we are not talking about a fix. At the point when the fix plans to make WVW something else. Is WVW or isn't it a server-based mode that competes with each other? Is there or isn't there a server ranking? Is there or isn't there a reason why it's called world vs world?

So if the choice, if the fix leads you to make the server container useless (in the sense that it will no longer be the reference for anyone) what do we choose to do? Shall we pretend nothing has happened? So it will surely work perfectly on its own. a server-based game mode, while you're making the server useless? Are you really sure?

I'm not talking about WR now. I'm talking about deleting the servers and forcing everyone to pick a new one because it's the only fair way to start with a clean and balanced state after players exploited onto Full teams.

Go look at this image again https://imgur.io/eyG3FRK?r

Some servers have way more of the blue because of the old exploit. Has nothing to do with current server rank or competitiveness.

Edited by Chaba.5410

14 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm not talking about WR. I'm talking about deleting the servers and forcing everyone to pick a new one because it's the only fair way to start with a clean and balanced state after players exploited onto Full teams.

With this and with me you break an open door. I've already suggested that you launch the world restructure on an annual basis, players group under an umbrella guild or whatever you want, and then randomly redistribute them. Make sure you keep track of transfers. The difference is substantial, in this way WVW is still a server-based game mode. Sure every year you participate in this mode on a new server, but this is going to make it more interesting.

50 minutes ago, Rose Solane.1027 said:

And why mention "newer players"? I am ancient🙂, started playing GW2 before the official release and have never stopped.

Because you wrote about Glicko matchmaking as if you didn't know there's a +/-100 randomization element thrown into it to prevent the extremely stale matchups in the first year of the game.  The Leaderboard page doesn't display that.

Edited by Chaba.5410

24 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

With this and with me you break an open door. I've already suggested that you launch the world restructure on an annual basis, players group under an umbrella guild or whatever you want, and then randomly redistribute them. Make sure you keep track of transfers. The difference is substantial, in this way WVW is still a server-based game mode. Sure every year you participate in this mode on a new server, but this is going to make it more interesting.

I know you did.  I wasn't discussing that because a server-based WvW discussion diverges from the point of the screenshot.

The difference in blue players and red players between servers exist today because the servers were never deleted when the transfer exploit was fixed.  So we have servers today that are Full and struggle against non-Full servers because the make-up of their playerbase is a mess.  All the players who bandwagoned onto server X because they heard it was the place to win and were able to get onto server X despite it being Full have zero reason to destack.  Then they go dormant and play mostly PvE until they need their Gift of Battle or answer the Call of War.  They don't help their servers at all, but they fill the population.