For future legend, between Mage Sorcerer and Stealth Rogue, which would you prefer 😉?

Knighthonor.4061

For future legend, between Mage Sorcerer and Stealth Rogue,  which would you prefer 😉?

I don't really like Thief or Mesmer stealth, if I am going to be honest.  But if Revenant could do it in a more fun manageable way, I could rock with that.  I played stealth more seriously back in my Rift days, so that was long time ago.    

But a battle mage could be really exciting as well, and with way legends work with lore figures, a Revenant Mage isn't limited by themes like the Scholar classes are, so anything is on the table

• Confused 3

For mage it would be nice to get King Adelbern. Also would be interesting if next expansion leads us to solving the Foefire problem for good. Could even segue into Charr focused expansion because honestly IBS Charr coverage feels so lacking. 

Adelbern being related to the Searing could also bring an arsenal of burning spells, and we do know Condi Revenant still wants a satisfying Condi pair for Mallyx.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Something that works with upkeep but instead of just being passive or a extra effect, the upkeep are direct channels tied to each skills to which doesn't stop until the player chooses it to stop or running out of energy.

That would make certainly some skills slower than most but certainly because of how players would have to invest into the skills, they should have high reward.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Something that works with upkeep but instead of just being passive or a extra effect, the upkeep are direct channels tied to each skills to which doesn't stop until the player chooses it to stop or running out of energy.

That would make certainly some skills slower than most but certainly because of how players would have to invest into the skills, they should have high reward.

so if I am correct, you're talking about a new stance that empowers your weapon skills?

So you could potentially use multipble upkeep abilties from that stance to empower weapon skills. For example you can make a combo with a weapon skill attack that increases the burst or support capabilities? Or am I wrong?

Because sounds interesting and many combos you could potentially make.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

so if I am correct, you're talking about a new stance that empowers your weapon skills?

So you could potentially use multipble upkeep abilties from that stance to empower weapon skills. For example you can make a combo with a weapon skill attack that increases the burst or support capabilities? Or am I wrong?

Because sounds interesting and many combos you could potentially make.

Not sure how else I can explain but think of skills having indefinite casts that drains energy as upkeep, you can't do anything else than that one skill while using it but it has big effects while being used.

Think of it like Soulcleave Summit but you are the summon, those skills would be way more powerful at the cost of channeling and energy drain as the user channels.

Those can be either for offense or defense with bunch of effects and you can still move while doing them. Those could be similar if not identical to some skills we already have but amped up because nothing else can be done while using the skills.

If they hadn't just revealed melee sceptre, I'd say that mage/sorcerer seems more likely. Shiro also covers an assassin theme, and up to now they seem to have scrupulously avoided introducing stealth access to a profession that didn't already have a means of doing it (even if only through a smoke field).

Frankly, though, what I'd prefer over either is something that wouldn't normally be playable. Revenant started off with a dragon and a demon, but the Vassal States Pair is pretty much just channelling a fire W/E and a healing W/Rt. We already have a stealth rogue and several versions of mage/sorcerer.

20 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

We don't know if there will be a new specialization or when it will be added. According to Anet, they've got what they want at the moment, so we'll have to see.

They didn't even commit to having what they want at the moment, just most of what they want at the moment.

Hypothetically, too, if they decide that they want to create more core utility skills, the revenant equivalent could be another core legend.

2 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

For a next weapon, I'd go for a pistol, or a dagger, as they make a lot of melee weapons on the revenant. In the worst case, an alteration longbow that can also be used in close combat XD.

longbow in close combat 😅😂, I already see me smacking people with it 😂

• Confused 1

Vekk with Focus as the new weapon. Legendary Mage traitline full of pew pew spells on the right side of the bar.

That or Longbow with Sif (Norn from GW1) for a Legendary Hunter traitline. Right side could be wilderness survival type skills or summon critters as pseudo pets.

Just my 2 copper. There needs to be an Asura and a Norn legend still.

Please no stealth for Rev; stealth is a lame boon which have been proved brokenly overpowered outside PvE and had lead to massive nerfs which destroyed build viability in professions and specs built around its use. The last of those victims was the Dragonhunter which moved from not viable at MATs but a very solid choice in ranked games to just dissapear from PvP. Stealth also doesn't fit in the Rev lore (unless you're using a legend which had access to) since the motto of the class has always been a heavy plated guy with either teleports or attacks which cross though the mist, but not to use any kind of stealth.

We also would never be as strong in the stealth game as classes which were designed to grant access to it, and in PvP will be abused to either frame heavy burst/cc chains or to disengage, and will be broken until gets nerfed and then became irrelevant (as is already happening to some specs and weapons).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

For a next weapon, I'd go for a pistol, or a dagger, as they make a lot of melee weapons on the revenant. In the worst case, an alteration longbow that can also be used in close combat XD.

We kinda need more offhands though.

Especially a true Condi supporting offhand. 

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Vekk with Focus as the new weapon. Legendary Mage traitline full of pew pew spells on the right side of the bar.

That or Longbow with Sif (Norn from GW1) for a Legendary Hunter traitline. Right side could be wilderness survival type skills or summon critters as pseudo pets.

Just my 2 copper. There needs to be an Asura and a Norn legend still.

While I agree that it would be good to have legends drawing from asura and norn history, I'd prefer for them to come up with something more inspired than copying an elementalist and ranger respectively. We already have elementalist and ranger.

58 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

We can already play necromancer. Just saying.

necromancer is more like a glorified plaguebringer. There isn't real necromancy stuff related around summoning death.

And I don't count the current minions because they are badly designed and isn't really used outside bot farming or rare open world useage.

Death magic traitline isn't helping minions much either, so because of that theme is abandoned in that traitline

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

necromancer is more like a glorified plaguebringer. There isn't real necromancy stuff related around summoning death.

And I don't count the current minions because they are badly designed and isn't really used outside bot farming or rare open world useage.

Death magic traitline isn't helping minions much either, so because of that theme is abandoned in that traitline

That sounds to me more like "fix necromancer" than "make revenants into necromancers."