Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Roaming and oneshots Video with WB, DH and core guard


Mikhael.2391

Recommended Posts

  • Mikhael.2391 changed the title to Roaming and oneshots Video with WB, DH and core guard
2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Why is the one with the Druid in there--you run in, fail to...do anything really...stay a bit and then run back to zerg...lol.  

Because its to show off how sometimes u fail and try to escape. Most times people just show the success and not failure.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Mind sharing your definition of one shot? Is it one ability? Or a sequence of actions?

The true one shot in my video are the long bow ones, then there os the core "oneshots" that basically are a combo of 2 burst skills, either focus 5 + GS2 or hammer 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Mind sharing your definition of one shot? Is it one ability? Or a sequence of actions?

For me in gw2 it's firing a one shot skill but also firing off a combo in basically 1sec without the enemy being able to react. Because gw2 doesn't have a general global cooldown on skills,  low to no cast times, you can precast some stuff (like mesmer gs4 and blink to target, or guard gs2 and judge's intervention into them), along with damage traits or damage boosting traits, so you can fire off multiple skill/procs at the same time and create combos that fire off damage like a one shot skill.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

For me in gw2 it's firing a one shot skill but also firing off a combo in basically 1sec without the enemy being able to react. Because gw2 doesn't have a general global cooldown on skills,  low to no cast times, you can precast some stuff (like mesmer gs4 and blink to target, or guard gs2 and judge's intervention into them), along with damage traits or damage boosting traits, so you can fire off multiple skill/procs at the same time and create combos that fire off damage like a one shot skill.

The sad part is the delay in the monitor of your target, all it will notice is game trying to complly all the data and get reck in less than a 1sec.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 5:39 AM, Mikhael.2391 said:

The true one shot in my video are the long bow ones, then there os the core "oneshots" that basically are a combo of 2 burst skills, either focus 5 + GS2 or hammer 2.

So you consider one shot as combos? How many were one skill activations against a target with no debuffs and no prior buffs on your toon? 

  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So you consider one shot as combos? How many were one skill activations against a target with no debuffs and no prior buffs on your toon? 

Is there a point to this or just to criticize and stating you disagree with the term oneshot as I see fit?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikhael.2391 said:

Is there a point to this or just to criticize and stating you disagree with the term oneshot as I see fit?

🙂 A little of both? I fear at times this is where the devs read into WvW that we need more boons to counter rotations of skills. And I am curious on what different people see as one shots. But I will leave it from here since I do appreciate the reply and you did so. Owing an answer, personally I take note of one shot comments since that was what the forum was going on about in excess prior to the mighty Feb Nerf Bat patch. I think we are still balancing that forward from that patch and come Feb we will have reached the 4th year. So when we start to get too many comments about one shots I start to ask people was it a one shot skill that may need balancing or a combination of things. I really don't want to see another patch like that ever come back around. We also see PvE players visit this subforum and then run with scissors in the General asking for game wide nerfs, which also occurred in the forums back before the nerf bat. Hope that helps, and if not rack it up to paranoia. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...