Gem prices are going out of control

nellone.5836

50 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Buzzbugs is on to something I think. It's far more likely Anet has had someone on staff 24/7 for 11 years micromanaging the exchange price minute by minute than them having an automated system to take care of it  As certain as the earth is flat. 

So now I'm a flat-earther because I don't entertain the idea that the GW2 economy is real enough to justify sitting here acting like an armchair economist while conducting speculation on the value of Gold and Gems and arguing about inflation?

Guys, it's a game, it's not real life. Time to go outside maybe ?

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

So now I'm a flat-earther because I don't entertain the idea that the GW2 economy is real enough to justify sitting here acting like an armchair economist while conducting speculation on the value of Gold and Gems and arguing about inflation?

I never claimed you're a flat-earther. That conclusion you drew there speaks a lot of how you tend to think though.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Meanwhile in the "real world" researchers are looking and have been looking at in game behaviors, especially in MMOs, to derive and come to theories and assumptions on "real world" behaviors. Predominantly in areas of economic and epidemics. But yes, let's just claim "it's just a game" and similarities in behavior are not possible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

At least I can think independently.

That doesn't make you right tough. Also knowing when independent thought is based on facts and personal make belief is kind of a huge deal.

Some of the greatest minds actually thought independently but at the same time were and are open to others ideas and suggestions, knowing when it is wise to listen, and when to assume.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Right back at you.

Oh absolutely, but most assumptions here are based on official communications and current understanding of the game. Meanwhile you are just going: "I don't believe, thus I am right."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1