Change behaviour of 'hungry' status

T G.7496

[EDIT: I guess this might be a WVW only 'feature', and so this post might be better over there - can someone move it if so, thanks]

(If there is another thread not on the first page about this, sorry - I cba to search further)

• I understand that the 'hungry' status/icon is a useful feature that serves to remind people when their food has expired.
  • I also understand why the change has been made so the 'Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake' can no longer overwrite food that is already active.

However, it's pretty annoying to have wait for the 'hungry' status to also expire before you can use Birthday Cake - it's what, 5 minutes?

The hungry status seems to have the same properties as actual food, and so cannot be overwritten by Birthday Cake.

Could it not have some other property on the buff bar, which means it's not classed as a food?

Or, at the very least, could the 'hungry ' timer be reduced to perhaps no more than 1 minute, or something?

Thanks.

Edited by T G.7496

That's how the cake worked at its release. Shortly after it was fixed to being able to overwrite the "hungry status" -as well as any other food- so either initially it was a bug or anet changed their mind. Some people complain that cake can overwrite better food so maybe anet changed it back to what it was because of that (in which case, being unable to re-apply over the "hungry status" still doesn't make sense). Or maybe it's unintended return of the initial state of the cake.

Considering I didn't see anything about it in the patchnotes, I think it's not an intentional change.

Relevant thread in bug subforum still without any information from anet though:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's how the cake worked at its release. Shortly after it was fixed to being able to overwrite the "hungry status" -as well as any other food- so either initially it was a bug or anet changed their mind. Some people complain that cake can overwrite better food so maybe anet changed it back to what it was because of that (in which case, being unable to re-apply over the "hungry status" still doesn't make sense). Or maybe it's unintended return of the initial state of the cake.

Considering I didn't see anything about it in the patchnotes, I think it's not an intentional change.

Relevant thread in bug subforum still without any information from anet though:

Anet have acknowledged it

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/22709370886803-Feast-of-Delectable-Birthday-Cake-Issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh, ok, thanks for the info guys. I've not been playing for a while, and also didn't have access to the cake on its release, so it looks like I've missed the changes at both ends.

Tbh, I think the fact that it can't overwrite other food (better food) isn't a bad feature, but it's a right pita as it stands at the moment.

Oh well, not a biggie in the grand scheme of things.

~TG

Interacting with a Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes now correctly applies its nourishment effect to players who are malnourished, and players can refresh the effect's duration by interacting with the platter. Interacting with the platter will not replace any active nourishments, regardless of their remaining duration.

Apparently fixed.

"Interacting with a Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes now correctly applies its nourishment effect to players who are malnourished, and players can refresh the effect's duration by interacting with the platter. Interacting with the platter will not replace any active nourishments, regardless of their remaining duration. "

Patched.

XD