BETA and best use of it

evilcat.6817

There's nothing you can do which will benefit your other characters (or negatively affect them). Beta characters are entirely seperate from the rest of your account, anything they unlock, buy, use etc. won't carry over.

Other than using them to test the new skills the best you can do is use the stat-selectable equipment to quickly swap and test builds.

• Like 2

The best use of the beta is you're into making your own builds is to test the new weapons period. Nothing you do on that character will afffect your main account. Nothing you spend will spent. Nothing you crafter will be crafted. Nothing you gather will be gathered. If you get a precursor drop. it's gone at the end of the beta. You can't benefit your account on a beta character slot.

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I would buy any infusions on the tp I was wondering on useing and see how they look since you dont lose your gold.

You can't access tp in beta character. 

And if you want to do something "useful" with the beta character, here is a list :

- Pay for service in silverwaste, you won't benefit it, but other will

- Use feast/communal fire to benefit other

- Basically anything shared with other can benefit the community without costing you anything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

You can't access tp in beta character. 

And if you want to do something "useful" with the beta character, here is a list :

- Pay for service in silverwaste, you won't benefit it, but other will

- Use feast/communal fire to benefit other

- Basically anything shared with other can benefit the community without costing you anything

I like that idea. I've got a bonfire (which I've been saving for Wintersday) and a bunch of banners in my bank, I could put them out on a beta character so people can use the boosts.

I've seen people make videos cashing in a million karma to see what you get. That sort of thing. So you can have some fun just seeing what cashing out different mats would give you. Trade in all of your unstable or volatile magic. Ecto gambling might work, I'm not sure. None of those things will affect your main account or actual resources. But may allow you to make more informed decisions on what to do with your built up currencies or mats.

I think my most yay! moment was realizing I could put the Black Moa on my ranger beta alt.  I will realistically never get any further in the GW1 HoM so this was a chance to use the emo birb.

Another thing to do, if your bank or shared slots snapshot had a total makeover in it (they took an image of your inventory before beta and that's what's available to the beta alts), is noodle around all the possible character designs and actually make the changes to see in world without using up your live account's kit.  Also you can keep making and deleting alts to easily test if names are available, and I think the beta names stay reserved for a little while after beta so you can quickly make a real alt with the desired name once it comes available if you just keep testing it via the Add Friend trick.

I don't know that I'd recommend doing anything rng for fun because if you get a major reward you'll lose it at beta close and that could feel disheartening.

• Like 1