Unleashed Ambush skills - are they sometimes buggy for anyone else too?

meerfunkuhtron.9725

Tried looking this up and didn't see a topic on it. Also, I didn't put this in Bugs since I'm still gathering information to make sure it's not a user issue/lack of knowledge on my part 🙂

As per the title, I'm noticing what I consider bugginess of the Unleashed Ambush skills particularly in WvW, but I've also noticed it in PVE just in rarer occasions. And that bugginess translates to it... just not being there sometimes.

What I mean is, I'll unleash myself while in combat, and I get the normal skill as opposed to the unleashed skill. It isn't happening all the time, but often enough to kitten me, as what I expect to happen isn't happening. I've done my best to pay attention to cooldowns while testing things, essentially waiting 10 seconds between me and my pet unleashing to make sure the unleashed skill is up. I've also tested jumping into fights with all cooldowns refreshed, making sure I'm in combat (as I wanted to make sure the cause of it not firing wasn't due to me not being considered in combat), and it will sometimes happen even in the beginning of fights. I have also witnessed this happen when I swap weapons- while of course having Let Loose traited.

As mentioned above, in open world PVE where things are a bit slower, I notice this issue less but it still happens. In WvW where there's more instances of hectic fights, I definitely notice it happen a ton. So I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

• Thanks 1

What you are probably noticing is:

If you are mounted and you enter combat -> dismounting will trigger everything related to weapon swaps, including let loose, it procs the internal CD and you are only able to get the current ambush until the internal CD refreshes , if you weapon swap before that CD resets, u get no ambush

4 hours ago, Dredsh.2360 said:

What you are probably noticing is:

If you are mounted and you enter combat -> dismounting will trigger everything related to weapon swaps, including let loose, it procs the internal CD and you are only able to get the current ambush until the internal CD refreshes , if you weapon swap before that CD resets, u get no ambush

That is... silly 😆I can see what you're saying, and I'm wondering if other things can trigger this?

I'll run around and pay closer attention on whether it happens mainly from dismounting or if I notice it happen other times too. Thank you for this info!