Just for a thought? - Having home you can make / your room you can create in Gw2

Victoria.5086

Would you want to build a house/ create your own room space in Gw2 like other games are doing genshin impact/Warframe/Palia/Outlast Trials/Zenith MMO  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does this interest you?

• YES
    • NO

This is just a random thought that came to mind and was interested to know what other players thought of this. Imagine making your own house, this game likes to grind a lot, but feels like it's missing that area as many other games have been going into that trend, even Neopets had its own home that you could create back in the day. I am aware guilds can build their hall but this is solely on your character's home.

Collecting material turning into something you want in your space like wall decorations or furniture. Or even when Prime Amazon does special giveaways you can get that one-off item you can put in your own space. And you can invite your friends to your base and play around in there maybe add-on gaming activities you can place at your base. I feel this could be a nice touch to add to the game maybe even end-game.

Other games that do this is genshin impact, Warframe, Palia, Outlast Trials,  Zenith MMO....  These are all different types of styled games that lead to creating your own space.

Ever since PoF I've thought player housing would be a great new feature to add for an expansion. But since PoF all we've gotten as new expansion features are fishing/skiffs, rift hunting and... Well that's really it and both are extremely lackluster. Gliding in HoT was great, mounts in PoF were great, and every expansion since then has been disappointing in terms of new features being added. Fishing as a concept could have been cool but entire fishing system is just absolutely terrible in terms of implementation, but I won't go off on that tangent.

Player housing also seems like a good way to sell cosmetics, we already have a thousand chair skins so would be cool to have the chairs in our player houses or other furniture skins. It would also be cool to have a physical walk-in wardrobe room in your house to store fashion templates. You could even buy mannequins as furniture items to store armour templates on and glass displays for all your favourite weapon skins. I also think it would be cool if you could see your other alt characters walking around your home as NPCs or vendors. There's plenty of NPCs in the home instance already but they're just default randoms and it feels more impersonal - what are they even doing in my home anyway?

The main reason I personally don't bother investing in home-instance nodes is because I never feel inspired to even go into my home instance - it's so bland and boring with zero customisation and doesn't even feel like my home. Sad how the base for home creation is already in the game with so much potential but they've done nothing with it and instead focused on pretty useless new expansion features like turtle mounts which no one ever uses.

So yeah cool idea but rip, probably never gonna happen.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 1:00 AM, Victoria.5086 said:

This is just a random thought that came to mind and was interested to know what other players thought of this. Imagine making your own house, this game likes to grind a lot, but feels like it's missing that area as many other games have been going into that trend, even Neopets had its own home that you could create back in the day. I am aware guilds can build their hall but this is solely on your character's home.

Collecting material turning into something you want in your space like wall decorations or furniture. Or even when Prime Amazon does special giveaways you can get that one-off item you can put in your own space. And you can invite your friends to your base and play around in there maybe add-on gaming activities you can place at your base. I feel this could be a nice touch to add to the game maybe even end-game.

Other games that do this is genshin impact, Warframe, Palia, Outlast Trials,  Zenith MMO....  These are all different types of styled games that lead to creating your own space.

There is a massive void when it comes to solo scribbing endeavors. So much possibility but anet refuses to go there.

Back before HoT launched MANY were excited about decorating. I'd say that number sharply decreased after the realization the gods misled everyone about it and the problems with it at launch, which most of those problems still exist today and the gods say its tied to the limits of the game, but i'm not so sure.

Though i would like to hear a more indepth explanation of how other games decorate. I am limited to the knowledge of ESO (instanced) and Archeage (open world) I think building off the already existing instanced approach with gw2 would work best. (though i always wished we'd have a more archage approach with  gardening/ growing plants outside your house - rather then the garden plots we got. But this is an example of how anet would do something other games do. a direction i don't like.

Even though if you have the Legendary Long Bow Kudzu you do have access to a garden in Mount Malestrom- so this Archeage like idea was clearly possible in gw2.)

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:16 PM, Ember.8510 said:

Ever since PoF I've thought player housing would be a great new feature to add for an expansion. But since PoF all we've gotten as new expansion features are fishing/skiffs, rift hunting and... Well that's really it and both are extremely lackluster. Gliding in HoT was great, mounts in PoF were great, and every expansion since then has been disappointing in terms of new features being added. Fishing as a concept could have been cool but entire fishing system is just absolutely terrible in terms of implementation, but I won't go off on that tangent.

Player housing also seems like a good way to sell cosmetics, we already have a thousand chair skins so would be cool to have the chairs in our player houses or other furniture skins. It would also be cool to have a physical walk-in wardrobe room in your house to store fashion templates. You could even buy mannequins as furniture items to store armour templates on and glass displays for all your favourite weapon skins. I also think it would be cool if you could see your other alt characters walking around your home as NPCs or vendors. There's plenty of NPCs in the home instance already but they're just default randoms and it feels more impersonal - what are they even doing in my home anyway?

The main reason I personally don't bother investing in home-instance nodes is because I never feel inspired to even go into my home instance - it's so bland and boring with zero customisation and doesn't even feel like my home. Sad how the base for home creation is already in the game with so much potential but they've done nothing with it and instead focused on pretty useless new expansion features like turtle mounts which no one ever uses.

So yeah cool idea but rip, probably never gonna happen.

garden plots makes sense to a degree- being inside a structure, i'd hope we get a more garden like outdoors growing area (kudzou) if we had solo homes inside an instance.

I don't care for the pong aspect of fishing, This is how anet designs things- the opposite direction time and time again of where i want it to go.

If you believe in Fashion Wars - housing is just an extension of that arm. Decorate your house the way you decorate you toon, personalize it, make it your own. So many possibilities here, though i'm betting the direction will again be in the opposite way of what i thought.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think a personal home in game would be a lot more appealing than the generic home instance we already have. Thanks for this post Victoria.5086, and replies from Ember.8510  and Kelly.7019. As a new player and member to this community I would have never seen the other endless discussions that have been discussed to death. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Illyria Belle.3842 said:

I think a personal home in game would be a lot more appealing than the generic home instance we already have. Thanks for this post Victoria.5086, and replies from Ember.8510  and Kelly.7019. As a new player and member to this community I would have never seen the other endless discussions that have been discussed to death. 

Aw thank you Illyria belle and Kelly and Ember as well☺️ 

I agree Illyria, as I mentioned it’s a growing trend with MMO/online co-op happening most games having ur own space to build something looking forward to the next grind or event having that fancy furniture to build or cute plushy in your cozy home.

I think it’s possibility, maybe they’ve thought about it before. 🙂 I think good idea to discuss it to new players and old players what people think having it in gw2 comparing to other games.

Just remember...

Gliding added = almost all gliders in gem store

Mounts added = almost all mounts in gem store

Fishing added = almost all poles in gem store

Skiffs added = (all?) skiffs in gem store

See a pattern? Be careful what you ask for. 

I appreciate this game very much, having been a player for a decade now I think I would be happy to pay mount skins or gliding skins etc. Early players wouldn't find the appeal of that which is understandable. 

However, this game has given a lot and I am more than happy to give my money to a game I love, the base game is free (no subscription fee) 
which gives the first player to know if they like this or not. Expansions were recently on a discount that was dirt cheap as well. 

I don't agree with you here, mainly because it would make more sense to put it in a new expansion it would be a better market strategy, and have it similar to a grinding way as the old skyscale way which everyone wanted! So people brought the expansion path of fire & living season 4 for that reason, which makes the expansion game even more appealing.

However, themed furniture/wall paper/really cool designed buildings makes sense to put it in the gem store OR prime gaming. Gw2 needs to continue creating new ideas for their game they would be open to their creativity more, and it would make sense to bring this in not only because it's a trend in games but there is a high player base that loves building such as Sims games that are cozy game players. 

So I am happy with what the game is at and probably what they'll add in the future

Edited by Victoria.5086

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wanting Player Housing for years. I suggested it would be awesome if it would also function as account-wide museum where you can display select gear, achievements, miniatures and completed collections in a similar way Guild Wars 1 has with it's hall of monuments. Outside could have a stables or section where your mounts live when they are not working.

Decorations can be earned in game, other decorations can be sold in the gem store. There are many ways to monetize this. Player can select one of the soundtracks to play in their home. Perhaps the house is near a river where the player can fish and park their skiff. Different regions in the world offer different styles of houses. Player can select one. Maybe a player can see their alts walking around as NPC's in and around their house. I don't know if that's a good idea. Let me know.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2024 at 8:01 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

a) No thanks to housing

b) it's been discussed to death, please search for the endless discussions

😉 I guess they listen to us and put it in the game expansion to craft/design house. It looks like a lot of players are excited about this.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:00 AM, Victoria.5086 said:

Question what are guilds for in Guild wars2?  because almost every player has their own guild XD