[PvE] Heal Alacrity Vindicator

Raftalos.5971

What is the possibility of getting this build again in PvE but reworking the Alac into Vindicator traitline?

The build is dead in PvE metagame simply because it lacks this boon.

Don't get me wrong, the state of Revenant is S tier in PvE, but it just feels wrong that this build is completely irrelevant just because it lacks one of the key boons

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Raftalos.5971 said:

What is the possibility of getting this build again in PvE but reworking the Alac into Vindicator traitline?

They released an expansion with no new specs or skills, no new WvW or PvP content, no new legendaries, no new raids; their only goal was the story mode. And yet they failed: 4 months into and the campaign is still bugged in some parts and doesn't let you to continue (happened to me that last weekend).

Ther's 0 chances they rework alacrity for Rev (or fixing any major bug). You can expect nerfs, tho.

• Like 1

I have a dream that one day Anet will have a brain to put Alac/Quick into the Core traitlines and as a result, allow players to use any Spec they want without being pigeonholed into a spec for role fulfilment. 

Quickness can be given to Devastation, replacing Assassin's Presence to give Quickness to self and allies.  

Alacrity can go back on Salvation and Ventari. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a guardian, it gives aegis or stability, and it gives quickness. It could, for example, not only be on firebrand, or on others, and I'm not going to list them. But yes, I think it could have been more consistent with the elite specializations. It would also have brought perhaps more flexibility. But also more work on the Anet or nerf side.

On 12/28/2023 at 1:38 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

I have a dream that one day Anet will have a brain to put Alac/Quick into the Core traitlines and as a result, allow players to use any Spec they want without being pigeonholed into a spec for role fulfilment. 

Quickness can be given to Devastation, replacing Assassin's Presence to give Quickness to self and allies.  

Alacrity can go back on Salvation and Ventari. 

There is 1 loophole in this thinking of moving them to core traits. Anet doesn't want any class/spec being able to provide both crucial boons (quick and alac) for groups.

It could be only possible by moving them to the same traitlines and same tier, allowing to pick only 1 trait for desired boon application.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kravey.4563 said:

There is 1 loophole in this thinking of moving them to core traits. Anet doesn't want any class/spec being able to provide both crucial boons (quick and alac) for groups.

It could be only possible by moving them to the same traitlines and same tier, allowing to pick only 1 trait for desired boon application.

It loops back on itself: why did Anet double down on Alacrity-Quickness meta rather than stamping it out when it became so dominant and invasive to the gameplay formula? 

This is a problem of their own creation. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

It loops back on itself: why did Anet double down on Alacrity-Quickness meta rather than stamping it out when it became so dominant and invasive to the gameplay formula? 

This is a problem of their own creation. 

Personally, this is one of my biggest issues as well, i don't find any dynamic gameplay with 100% boon uptime in PvE, I do like how it works in WvW where it is a vastly more dynamic system that requires them to be used in appropriate time, where you can be ripped, or waste cooldowns if they are timed badly, and be punished for it.

Giving vindicator alacrity or quickness would fix the lack of support option revenant underwater. I know they don't seems to care about underwater these days but there is Aquatic Ruins fractal to do sometime and it is annoying to not have access to most of the support legends when you are the healer of the group.

Right now they only way to heal properly is to activate/desactivate Vengeful Hammers as fast as you can with the trait Generous Abundance. There is no good way to clear conditions for your allies without Alliance Stance or Ventari when you have to deal with Afflicted instability.

Edited by Vekaiel.8493