45+ squad: This map only has a few players left...

It's happening to me a lot on SotO and IBS maps. Not sure what's going on, but yeah, it's getting to be very annoying. When people see that, their first instinct is to move instances, but that can be detrimental to a meta in progress. They think it might fail because there aren't enough people. The other day, I hopped into Bjora Marches to comm the Snowstorm meta and as soon as I threw up my tag, "There are few players...". I had JUST gotten there and there was another tag there from Drakkar. Not sure what they changed in the background, but it's not working as well as it should.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's related but it seems like the sessions when I have really bad zone-load times (like 50sec+), I will also see these map-closing prompts in fairly short order.

It's like something is wrong with the zone load/unload procedure, but who knows what the cause is (or even if they're related which they may not be).

I wonder if the server software detects that a given map is on an overload server (cpu/network/memory/whatever), it schedules that map for a faster closure so that a new instance can be created on a less loaded physical server.  Everything is virtualized now days, so one physical server could be handling dozens of different maps - in some cases, that might be fine, but if things get poorly schedule so that a bunch of those active maps are active metas/world bosses (with lots of active players), that would consume more resources.