Problem with buying Gems steam client

Hello, i try to buy gems from 3 days already but everytime when i click ''buy gems'' Button it spin steam logo for 10 min then sends me to confirmation of purchase and i get info ''buying Gems in Maintenance Mode error Code 200101''.

Edited by Marss.1460

4 hours ago, Marss.1460 said:

Hello, i try to buy gems from 3 days already but everytime when i click ''buy gems'' Button it spin steam logo for 10 min then sends me to confirmation of purchase and i get info ''buying Gems in Maintenance Mode error Code 200101''.

From the Knowledge Base:  For issues pertaining to account management, access and game, gem, or other purchases made through the Steam store or Steam wallet, please contact Steam support for assistance.

Umm... yeah I went through the support tree on Steam, and guess what?

Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot provide the best assistance with games made by other companies.
Please click the link below for information about how to contact the support team for this game.

I think the Gem Store connection is broken, if multiple people are having the same issues purchasing gems with Steam wallet funds.

• Sad 1

I to use my Steam Wallet to buy gems from the game, and so far I have had no issue (as of roughly 2-3 weeks ago). As @Chaba.5410 said, you do need the Steam Overlay turned on for any funds from your Steam Wallet to be removed for Gems, however when I did have an issue (long ago), it involved buying a Gem card. It seems that Arnet will not accept Gem cards used in conjunction with Steam, as Steam & Arnet do not see eye to eye on things in that regard.. So, if the OP got funds from a Gem Card and used them to fill his/her Steam Wallet, Arnet will not honor it I am afraid.

5 minutes ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

I to use my Steam Wallet to buy gems from the game, and so far I have had no issue (as of roughly 2-3 weeks ago). As @Chaba.5410 said, you do need the Steam Overlay turned on for any funds from your Steam Wallet to be removed for Gems, however when I did have an issue (long ago), it involved buying a Gem card. It seems that Arnet will not accept Gem cards used in conjunction with Steam, as Steam & Arnet do not see eye to eye on things in that regard.. So, if the OP got funds from a Gem Card and used them to fill his/her Steam Wallet, Arnet will not honor it I am afraid.

That is correct steam dont allow it since they dont get a cut from the gemcards.

9 hours ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

No,i replenished steam wallet with credit card.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Have you contacted Anet support? They should be able to look up what the error code means.

I don't see it listed here.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409418445843-Common-Payment-Error-Codes-and-Error-Messages

I did.

They told me to write to steam support and after i wrote to steam, steam support send me back to Anet support.

• Sad 1

Well, that's at least good news @Marss.1460, about how you filled your Steam Wallet. Sadly, Arnet and Steam really don't like each other, so these type of things can happen (how regularly I do not know). And again unfortunately, due to their continual disagreement with each other, more than likely when (and if) you write a support ticket to Arnet, they will tell you to just contact Steam... again. From experience, and from what I have heard from others, both companies don't like to deal with any issue regarding the other at all, so they pass the buck as it were, which seems to be the case here sadly. 😞 Please try though, and let us know what happens.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BjorJlen.9674 said:

Well, that's at least good news @Marss.1460, about how you filled your Steam Wallet. Sadly, Arnet and Steam really don't like each other, so these type of things can happen (how regularly I do not know). And again unfortunately, due to their continual disagreement with each other, more than likely when (and if) you write a support ticket to Arnet, they will tell you to just contact Steam... again. From experience, and from what I have heard from others, both companies don't like to deal with any issue regarding the other at all, so they pass the buck as it were, which seems to be the case here sadly. 😞 Please try though, and let us know what happens.

I filled ticket to Anet and they send me to steam,when i filled ticket to steam they told me to wait 1 min between transactions screens it did nothing so they send me back to Anet.

I give up at this point,i wait untill they fix that.

Maybe its win 10 problem?

Edited by Marss.1460

I know this might be less than helpful, but have you tried purchasing the gems directly through the use of a credit card, instead of your steam wallet?

There have been times where some storefronts are particular about things like these and I've fixed it by doing the equivalent of throwing a credit card at the person behind a cash register (please don't do that).

Edited by River Valley.2396