Lady Shamshir bounty doesn't seem to respawn. [Merged]

I had for 5 hours bounty run her not appear, then weirdly on another map someone pm's me 'omg she's here join fast'. By a lot of luck i could tag it. Then i check the board on that map. ALL 5 bounties present.

i think Lady Shamshir 'bounty' board section crashes on some maps, but not on others, making it map ip specific, if it works or not. But that's just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As the title says, Lady shamshir still does not repop properly on the bounty board. I have never seen her myself, I am starting to believe she is just a cruel joke made by anet so you can never actually get the bounty achievement for Domain of Istan(Kidding, kidding). But really, Originally I heard she did show properly on the bounty board in a new instance, but I've never had the luck to actually come upon a new instance with her up properly on the board. Just the broken marker that can't be interacted with and has no name above it on the board. I looked at known issue tracker before posting this, and to my amazement, this isn't on there. I am curious as to why that is, considering this has been a well known issue since the release of the first LWS4 episode, Daybreak.

I just did Lady Shamshir Monday Night. I was on the same map the entire time - took the bounty, went to the indicated spot, and was promptly ambushed. Withing 5 mins, the bounty had popped up again. On the 5th attempt, she finally graced us with her presence and bounty is done. My advice, keep trying, switch maps if you have to.

Well, that's better than it being broken of every map. Though a few people did try map hopping, with no luck finding it. So it's still an issue. Though a couple maps, unrelated, not the same instance(I think) did have palawadan break and not actually start as well last night. So maybe I'm just unlucky. lol

Three months later, still bugged. After two hours of jumping maps through the LFG, we only found the bounty available twice and both times it turned out to be an ambush. This is probably the most frustrating time I've had in GW2 and I'm baffled it's still an issue three months after the release of this map.

• 2 months later...

On some maps, like the Domain of Istan, very few people are doing bounties anymore. Now, having one map instance where the Shamshir bounty is bugged and doesn't spawn at all, and another where you get three kitten ambushes in a row, is very trying on people. Two thirds of my squad left the bounty train after the third ambush, the rest and I spent an hour and 15 minutes until we finally got the real deal and defeated Shamshir.

Dear devs, please remove at least the ambushes when you can't fix the bugged bounty board spawns (this isn't the only one; see Ellutherius Wintergust) - thank you!

@Ashantara.8731 said:On some maps, like the Domain of Istan, very few people are doing bounties anymore. Now, having one map instance where the Shamshir bounty is bugged and doesn't spawn at all, and another where you get three kitten ambushes in a row, is very trying on people. Two thirds of my squad left the bounty train after the third ambush, the rest and I spent an hour and 15 minutes until we finally got the real deal and defeated Shamshir.

Dear devs, please remove at least the ambushes when you can't fix the bugged bounty board spawns (this isn't the only one; see Ellutherius Wintergust) - thank you!

First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other. Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged, although of course it's annoying if you're just trying to complete the achievement. But that's a matter of preference, not of bugs (and there are other threads dealing with that).

RNG is RNG and there's no guarantee that you're going to get a bounty no matter how many ambushes show up (it's just unlikely to suffer it more than a couple of times).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other.

You are wrong. The bounty did not spawn on the first map, just like Ellutherius (about three weeks ago) did not spawn on one map instance in 5 hours, when the squad finally found a new map instance to play on.

Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged

You misunderstood: I did not say the ambush mechanic was bugged, I asked to have it removed, because the bounty spawns are bugged at times, and this ambush nonsense then only adds to the squad's frustration.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other.

You are wrong. The bounty did not spawn on the first map, just like Ellutherius (about three weeks ago) did not spawn on one map instance in 5 hours, when the squad finally found a new map instance to play on.On the contrary, when the map first launched, the spawning of Shamshir
on the bounty boards
was completely suppressed — that's the issue that was fixed.

Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged

You misunderstood: I did not say the ambush mechanic was bugged, I asked to have it removed, because the bounty spawns are bugged at times, and this ambush nonsense then only adds to the squad's frustration.This thread is in the bug forum. If you want to ask for a feature change, separate it out into its own post instead of piggy-backing on a distinct and unrelated issues. (The fact that both things frustrates you does not make them related; it just makes them frustrating.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Iris Ng.9845 said:Another year since this bug hasn't been fixed. Can we have some acknowledgment of this bug?

Except apparently it was fixed. Maybe it was broken again. Maybe this bounty is meant to appear less frequently.Or maybe it wigs out on certain maps and we didn't notice because overfarming of Istan led to more frequent new maps.

Regardless, if your goal is to see it fixed:

• Use the in-game /bug reporting tool (so ANet has additional diagnostic details they need in troubleshooting)
  • If reporting via ticket or forums, provide as many details as possible to help ANet replicate the conditions you are experiencing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...