its 2024 and yall are STILL focused on new Population Control Methods in WvW instead of getting NEW WvW Content!

its 2024 and yall are STILL focused on new Population Control Methods in WvW instead of getting NEW WvW Content!

The new Server Reconstruction system, Alliances etc, will just destroy the last bit of Community bonding left in the game mode, Before everything in WvW turns into Guild Dictatorships.

And still we will get NO NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES AND CONTENT IN GENERAL FOR WVW. 

New Guild Tags, same old fighting, same tactics, same structures, same tag zergs and all. Nothing will change other than the Guild Tag running everything.  And they all pretty much do the same things. I have played with a number of different tags and guilds. they all play 99% the same. 

Where the NEW CONTENT. Something that changes up gameplay and the way people play WvW!? How many more years we have to wait for NEW WVW CONTENT ANET!!!???

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

The new Server Reconstruction system, Alliances etc, will just destroy the last bit of Community bonding left in the game mode, Before everything in WvW turns into Guild Dictatorships.

New Guild Tags, same old fighting, same tactics, same structures, same tag zergs and all. Nothing will change other than the Guild Tag running everything.  And they all pretty much do the same things. I have played with a number of different tags and guilds. they all play 99% the same. 

Where the NEW CONTENT. Something that changes up gameplay and the way people play WvW!? How many more years we have to wait for NEW WVW CONTENT ANET!!!???

Not much that can be done within WvW maps. This forum historically doesn't like even partial and opt-in open world pvp suggestions or anything that moves away from flat open ground and two sides crashing into each other to see who makes the most mistakes first. You're stuck on these maps and stuck with those people. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah I'm more interested in what happens after WR, which isn't going to change what happens in wvw to be honest, boon blobs will farm pugs, no point to winning which negates the entire ppt system, no new maps, no updates for old maps, broken biased balance that favors one side of classes/specs, same ole meta cause no one dares to break from boon ball support spam with combat entirely revolved around stability. They had the opportunity to add legendary accessories as part of the rewards update last year, and instead we get a junk infusion to get the 50k ticket hoarders off their backs about spending their tickets on something.

Let's be real, it took anet 6 years to get this this point for WR and alliances isn't even part of it, I highly doubt they have much planned or rather willing to do much after that, this game mode was never a priority much less a cornerstone. We've been spit balling ideas for a decade and less than 1% of anything has showed up in the game. They won't even do simple fixes to maps to cut off exploiting objectives, which should tell you everything.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 6

I would like a Cantha themed map but probably with less foliage than Canthan maps because of lag issues. There should be cherry blossoms and Asian themed plants and WvW structures like Kurzick and Luxon themed towers and keeps.

• Sad 2

When new content means something other than not facing dead servers...

Seems like you missed this tidbit:

==============================

Where Do We Go from Here?

This is just the beginning of the World Restructuring system. We have several features that we are discussing for future implementation, depending on what player feedback looks like after the first version of the system is live. Some examples include:

• Additional WvW guild information and management in the guild panel
  • Team-building algorithm adjustments and improvements
  • Scoring adjustments

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-update-guild-hall-arenas-and-world-restructuring-beta/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

/breadcrumbs

/breadcrumbs

/breadcrumbs

10 years later, here's alliances, 15 years later here's scoring adjustments, you now get 35 points for smc, 2 points per player kill.

You know what Anet is planning for next I guess.  Also, my speculation is scoring adjustments might hint at the activity level multiplier from that old "Let's Talk Scoring" post on the old forum.  Who knows?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You know what Anet is planning for next I guess.  Also, my speculation is scoring adjustments might hint at the activity level multiplier from that old "Let's Talk Scoring" post on the old forum.  Who knows?

Yeah but who cares, when winning doesn't mean anything these days?

I know they have a loose plan of something to do after, but really what's the reasonable time line on that, other games would have revamps done in 2 years, these jokers want to take a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah but who cares, when winning doesn't mean anything these days?

I know they have a loose plan of something to do after, but really what's the reasonable time line on that, other games would have revamps done in 2 years, these jokers want to take a decade.

PvE comes first, of course.  Maybe NCSoft will cut again so it'll take twice as long as a single decade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronkul.1320 said:

I would like a Cantha themed map but probably with less foliage than Canthan maps because of lag issues. There should be cherry blossoms and Asian themed plants and WvW structures like Kurzick and Luxon themed towers and keeps.

Be careful what you wish for! More than likely Anet would give us a New Kaineng map with so much visual clutter they'd have to reduce the map pop from 65-70 down to 10-15 players (similar to what you have now in PvE where a new instance of the map opens/closes every 5 minutes).

3 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Population is not even getting fixed. Same server and their namesake guilds are stacking their alliance too.

Another useless beta. 🙄

This sort of misinformation is not constructive.

Stacking is a player determined activity.

No player, nor guild, has any control, at all, over what team they are placed with in World Restructuring.

You might be unhappy with the degree of population 'balance' achieved by Anet in the matchmaking for this Beta. But no part of that has anything to do with the machinations of players or guilds.

The conspiracy theorists seem determined to ignore the fundamental way in which the new system works, compared to the current linking system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A nother post about wvw content.. what the f'ck dos that evem mean? U want raid bosses and dungeons, or maybe world bosses? I got news for u man, that's called pve, and its already featured in the game. 

Wvw is about making ur own content. So if ur lacking it, u got only ur self to blame 👍

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Considering the disaster map that is Desert Borderlands, I'm not sure about new content. If it ain't broke... Also get the jumping puzzles out of WvW!

I don't know if they should abandon servers entirely but switching things up like this is good. Would be cool if they alternate between server matchups and alliance matchups. 

1 hour ago, Thomas.2564 said:

A nother post about wvw content.. what the f'ck dos that evem mean? U want raid bosses and dungeons, or maybe world bosses? I got news for u man, that's called pve, and its already featured in the game. 

Wvw is about making ur own content. So if ur lacking it, u got only ur self to blame 👍

Didn't get the response they wanted in another thread so made a new one instead.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

Considering the disaster map that is Desert Borderlands, I'm not sure about new content. If it ain't broke... Also get the jumping puzzles out of WvW!

I don't know if they should abandon servers entirely but switching things up like this is good. Would be cool if they alternate between server matchups and alliance matchups. 

Exactly.. I don't know about everyone else. But having the same team that created that disaster area of a map, make new content in wvw, hard pass. 

8 years, and 0 bugs on that map have been fix yet. So lets just stick to current wvw formular plz. 

7 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Population is not even getting fixed. Same server and their namesake guilds are stacking their alliance too.

Another useless beta. 🙄

Maguuma still living rent free in some people's heads it seems.

4 hours ago, T G.7496 said:

This sort of misinformation is not constructive.

Stacking is a player determined activity.

No player, nor guild, has any control, at all, over what team they are placed with in World Restructuring.

You might be unhappy with the degree of population 'balance' achieved by Anet in the matchmaking for this Beta. But no part of that has anything to do with the machinations of players or guilds.

The conspiracy theorists seem determined to ignore the fundamental way in which the new system works, compared to the current linking system.

This person isn't mad about people stacking onto one specific server during restructuring. They're mad because the core of Maguuma managed to stick together and is up to their usual routine. Which is a sad thing to be mad about, really.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Kate.3679 said:

Maguuma still living rent free in some people's heads it seems.

This person isn't mad about people stacking onto one specific server during restructuring. They're mad because the core of Maguuma managed to stick together and is up to their usual routine. Which is a sad thing to be mad about, really.

I see.

And yes, you're right, it is a sad thing to be mad about.

There is ZERO difference in functionality between the guild system for World Restructuring, and the guild system currently. Zero.

All players have exactly the same capabilities as they always have had to group together for the purpose of friendship, shared interest, shared playstyle, community spirit, possibility of world domination. Whatever the kitten.

The only change that World Restructuring brings is a kill switch to any possibility of stacking, in the way that most people understand stacking to be.

This is a good thing.

One of the potential costs of that is the erosion of communities, because the same kill switch will delete the existing server structure.

The existing Guild mechanics are simply being utilised as pseudo-alliance vehicles by those communities who are making the effort to try and preserve some of those associations (capped as always at 500).

It might prove challenging to be in a World Restructuring match against a guild comprising players who have shown that level of initiative.

But that is not stacking. Stacking is something else entirely, and WR makes it impossible to do that any more.

(edit: because the reactions on this crappy forum are so limited, people tend to use confusion as an expression of disagreement; but if you're using a confused reaction for that purpose here, you're wrong, because what I've described is factually correct; if you're using it because you're actually confused, then I'm not surprised because there do seem to be a large number of people who remain entirely confused about the whole restructuring thing, even now)

Edited by T G.7496
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

@Kate.3679 And it goes both ways. Yesterday we had a player berating in map chat "you'all don't know how to cloud", "useless PUGs" and ofc, "I am a Maguuma player".

Lol, no you are not, at least for the next couple of  weeks. You just couldn't make the cut for the Maguuma alliances. It was sad.

10 minutes ago, disForm.2837 said:

@Kate.3679 And it goes both ways. Yesterday we had a player berating in map chat "you'all don't know how to cloud", "useless PUGs" and ofc, "I am a Maguuma player".

Lol, no you are not, at least for the next couple of  weeks. You just couldn't make the cut for the Maguuma alliances. It was sad.

If I went from playing with Mag to a mishmash of random bots from other servers I'd be annoyed too.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Kate.3679 said:

If I went from playing with Mag to a mishmash of random bots from other servers I'd be annoyed too.

Indeed. My shard is basically several strong, fight oriented guilds that run closed and a bunch of new players. Very little ppt and even less of the free flow so characteristic to Maguuma. 

But whose fault is he can't play like Mag? Certainly not the bunch of new players. Yelling to the ether doesn't help at all.