Character location logging still an issue!

Relogging onto a character often sets them back to the second last location instead of their last one, on occasion it selects the correct map but puts you on the starter waypoint.

I have stopped counting how much silver I've already wasted because of this bug.

When will this finally be fixed?

• Confused 4

I have never had this happen or heard of it from others in my group. Are there specific maps where it happens more often than others for you? Where is it you are logging out?

Were I to guess, it sounds like you lost connection to the server, moved to a new location while in the "dead zone", logged out, then had position corrected to the last known location when you logged back in. Do you have any issues with disconnecting from the game?

If I go to character select then back into the game (ie, forgot to unload the shared tools), this happens quite often to me. I've learned to not do that, and to log in a few characters first, then log in the one I need to. So not map, location, or server error related, I don't think.

• Confused 1

Have you found any pattern behind this problem, maps, positions, ooc or not, etc.?

I had this problem with chars I parked at certain positions a long time ago, but I recogniced it only appeared when I logged out while being infight. Since then I always try to be ooc and so at least for me this problem is gone.

I just logged into the game, did some daily gathering on a char. Went back to the Character Selection Screen.

All of a sudden, that character's armor skins showed me the ensemble he was wearing half a year ago, not his current one! I logged back into that character to see what's going on, and what do you think happened? He respawned on the opposite end of the map, at the map's starter waypoint.

Kitten like that constantly happens! @Butterfly Kingdom.8349, please have the devs fix this.

P.S. This "rollback" behavior is now affecting equipment, too. Swapped a weapon, a minute later I had the old weapon in that slot again. There is something seriously wrong with the servers...

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

On 1/24/2024 at 4:33 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just logged into the game, did some daily gathering on a char. Went back to the Character Selection Screen.

All of a sudden, that character's armor skins showed me the ensemble he was wearing half a year ago, not his current one! I logged back into that character to see what's going on, and what do you think happened? He respawned on the opposite end of the map, at the map's starter waypoint.

Kitten like that constantly happens! @Butterfly Kingdom.8349, please have the devs fix this.

P.S. This "rollback" behavior is now affecting equipment, too. Swapped a weapon, a minute later I had the old weapon in that slot again. There is something seriously wrong with the servers...

Again, most of this REALLY sounds like an issue with your connection to the servers. Where somehow you are not consistently registering your location or actions to the server.

I'd be very curious what another player sees if they group with you.

(As for your gear changing to what you wore 6 months ago...I have zero explanation or even a guess that would not involve science fiction or mind-altering substances.)

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Again, most of this REALLY sounds like an issue with your connection to the servers.

How can a connection issue temporarily set me back for several months, though? See:

On 1/24/2024 at 10:33 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

All of a sudden, that character's armor skins showed me the ensemble he was wearing half a year ago, not his current one!

Sounds more like a server-sided issue to me. I am on EU, btw.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

How can a connection issue temporarily set me back for several months, though? See:

Sounds more like a server-sided issue to me. I am on EU, btw.

I play on both NA and EU. I have seen connection issues that disconnect players, that might lose your position momentaily and rubberband, that can "forget" an item you just received...I have never seen someone instantly bounced back SIX MONTHS.

I'm not saying it did not happen or that it could not happen, but I am saying that it seems unlikely to be a regular server issue. If anything, it would imply to me that whatever files behind the scenes keep track of your character are wildly corrupted. But I have no clue how that would go undetected.

I hope you find a solution to this. (Also, I still want to know what another player sees if they are grouped with you when this happens.)

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Are you certain that other armor look wasn't just armor in another equipment slot that somehow got made the active slot?

Yes, I am, because I always use only one look on that character, regardless of the equipment tab.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

This issue is still not resolved.

Parked my character at the Matriarch in Verdant Brink. Swapped to another character for 10 minutes.

Upon logging back onto the previous character, I was on a starter waypoint in Verdant Brink instead of on the Matriarch's platform. Barely made it to the event in time.

Please fix this bug!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

I have never heard of this happening with the kind of regularity and severity you experience. You say "please fix this bug", but I'd imagine if it is happening it would be a rough one to track down. I am trying to even come up with a theory on what could be happening, but the only thing I can think of is your connection to the servers is so bad that the game constantly loses track of where you are.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

the only thing I can think of is your connection to the servers is so bad that the game constantly loses track of where you are.

Well, funny that I have no other issues (like disconnects) if my connection to the server was this bad.

I know of more players in my region of the EU (Austria, Germany) who are experiencing this issue as well.

• Confused 3

It's probably a side effect of how the game only periodically saves, combined with packet loss. Anyone can easily experience this by forcing a disconnect within a few minutes of changing maps.

You could try changing the port to 80 or 443 (-clientport 80), which may change how the traffic is handled.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

You could try changing the port to 80 or 443 (-clientport 80), which may change how the traffic is handled.

Hey, thanks. I will try that. 🙂 

Edit: Isn't 80 the standard port used?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2