Why Berserker is considered the least favorite, simple answer.

JinONplay.8905

Idk what it is but honestly wish berserk mode would be achieved automatically after using or hitting regular burst skills and once in berserk mode your burst skills are primal bursts, and your Adrenaline ticks down. Your berserk mode timer is basically your Adrenaline bar, and you upkeep it by hitting things and using utility skills. Hitting primal burst skills counts as consuming 2 bars of  Adrenaline but doesn't take it away from your Adrenaline bar.

• Confused 1

My favorite elite specs are Spellbreaker, Soulbeast, Druid and Virtuoso. 

Why? All of them don't have to fight against their own mechanic. 

It's just go and play. 

Berserker is a constant race against its own timer on top of the purely negativ mechanic of Adrenalin. 

Spellbreaker still has adrenalin but needs only 10 and merciless Hammer makes sure that it's not a problem. 

But isn't Berserker the most damaging and versatile of the e-specs? It can do power or condi, it can sustain itself to a degree, it's got a few good utilities and it's subjectively more fun.

Perhaps the devs thought the Warrior player likes the 'chase' or 'challenge' of adrenaline but that sounds as daft as a woman saying she's a challenge in a relationship.  What person wants to come home from work thinking which fires he needs to put out? In this case, I suppose it wouldn't be bad shifting the 'challenging relationship' status from adrenaline as a whole and shift it to berserker mode specifically as a sacrifice for the rest of the other specs.

*looks up from Kindle*

Its the least favorite because its sustain and damage depends on hitting people with moves that shouldn't hit them if they are of adequate skill level, unless you build with rabid amulet and bore opponents to death.

This is not a problem in pve where very few things dodge, but most players in the other modes learn *evade big attack* as baseline.

Please leave the adren alone and focus on either broadening the window for burst delivery, reducing the cooldown of bursts and zerk mode, reducing the cooldowns on sustain utilities and shield (or adjusting the uptime of savage instinct), or increasing the damage coefficents on the skills berserker has to land.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

too much adrenaline needed to go berserk that you'd want to have adrenaline generation source  in your utility bar which IMO absolutely sucks you either waste a utility slot to just access a  major part of your identity or you waste a cooldown like a stunbreak or heal(for the abilities that has a built in adrenaline)

Edited by BonggangKikay.9576

9 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*looks up from Kindle*

Its the least favorite because its sustain and damage depends on hitting people with moves that shouldn't hit them if they are of adequate skill level, unless you build with rabid amulet and bore opponents to death.

This is not a problem in pve where very few things dodge, but most players in the other modes learn *evade big attack* as baseline.

Please leave the adren alone and focus on either broadening the window for burst delivery, reducing the cooldown of bursts and zerk mode, reducing the cooldowns on sustain utilities and shield (or adjusting the uptime of savage instinct), or increasing the damage coefficents on the skills berserker has to land.

Meanwhile, berserker in PvE seems to be increasingly balanced around being permaberserk through chaining rage skills to keep extending your berserk until the next chain skill comes up, with a big DPS loss if berserk ever drops. And that just sounds tiring to me.

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Meanwhile, berserker in PvE seems to be increasingly balanced around being permaberserk through chaining rage skills to keep extending your berserk until the next chain skill comes up, with a big DPS loss if berserk ever drops. And that just sounds tiring to me.

Sounds like Berserker players should class action sue Anet for any carpal tunnel syndrome they develop 😂

15 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

And the moment they get rewarded with high dps for doing this people fall over themselves in their efforts to post how its too effective in the forums 😒

I simply dislike using Berserk discolouring my Warrior.  If my Warrior didn't turn into a discoloured mess, maybe I'd use Berserker for more than fights, where I absolutely need to use Longbow for range.

Aesthetics aside, Berserk draining Adrenaline but not triggering Burst traits is just awful design.