Whats Up With The Change Map Due To Player Numbers Harrassment??

I returned to play after 10 years or so and this is ridiculous.   Every time I go somewhere I get this popup every single time.  It just now cost me participating in a meta event on Amnytas where I went to where more players were but the event was gone.  Just gone.  WTF?????????????

Allow players to opt out of this harrassing kitten function since you cant be bothered to answer my appeal about a storyline Im stuck in an havent heard a thing in 2 weeks that has stopped play completely on one character I have.

The map change harrassment is ludicrous especially for returning players who do not understand what this BS is for to begin with.   Ive not once went to a more pop zone and actually saw more players.  Not once.   Its the same amount.  WHY??????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

It just now cost me participating in a meta event on Amnytas where I went to where more players were but the event was gone.  Just gone.  WTF?????????????

you aren't obligate to move maps. That was on you.

The map change harrassment is ludicrous especially for returning players who do not understand what this BS is for to begin with.   Ive not once went to a more pop zone and actually saw more players.  Not once.   Its the same amount.  WHY??????????????????????????????????

it's not harassment, it's a feature. The game is more than 10 years old; we have a lot of zones and maps, and the player base is all spread out so of course, you get the message and if you move, you'll end on another empty map most of the times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Maps are created as map instances, which means that if player count for that map suddenly drops like when the main meta for that map have ended and the large group of player in a squad (or several squads) will leave a map, then this number drop fast down and map will be flagged to close within 1 hour (there is a countdown timer and you can opt out or use the small icon or right corner when you decide to change map instance).

A squad can have up to 50 players, so with three squads you have around 150 players, if those are full squad which isn't uncommon for some meta where you have to defend lanes or something like that. In Amnytas instead you have several surrounding building where events need to be done in between the main boss event.

If you want to be sure that there is more player on that map instance, then group up, tag up as a squad commander or use LFG where you will see other player that are active on a map instance.

In Amnytas or any other map instance with a meta where you have participation and pre-events to get to the final boss stage in that meta you should try to avoid to use that change map instance that pop up when there is enough players around doing meta. There is no guarantee that even with enough players doing meta on map instance it will not still happen that countdown will progress and move players by force (in that case make a bug report).

If that happens, that you get moved to another instance where your progression is reset it should then you should have received an in game mail with the reward from that event.

The map instance and player allocation system isn't perfect, but it does its job to move players from less active instances with few players around into instances where there are more players and reduce how many instances that needs to be active at once (which also cost money).

This process can take several steps until there is enough players and then we have the issue of LFG and squads which can fill up a map instances from almost nobody on it to a full instance (where people joining squad from LFG interface can't enter the same as instance as the main squad is on).

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Aegis Fang.5394 said:

I returned to play after 10 years or so and this is ridiculous.   Every time I go somewhere I get this popup every single time.  It just now cost me participating in a meta event on Amnytas where I went to where more players were but the event was gone.  Just gone.  WTF?????????????

Allow players to opt out of this harrassing kitten function since you cant be bothered to answer my appeal about a storyline Im stuck in an havent heard a thing in 2 weeks that has stopped play completely on one character I have.

The GW2 community loves loadscreens. It's actually the meat and potatoes of the gameplay.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

yeah, when the popup bribes you to change maps with +5% exp, just refuse. 
Hopefully your current map will have enough participents to finish the meta within the hour left.

Granted, it is frustraiting when you are in a group that is running pre-meta events and the map decides that it will close in an hour.  When you have already compleated a few major triggers to start the meta, but now there won't be enough time to finish the meta when it does start.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

The GW2 community loves loadscreens. It's actually the meat and potatoes of the gameplay.

[Get a load of this guy cam] You know you can just not click the thing? Then there's no loadscreen. You don't lose out on your meta either. It's only worth bothering with if you really want that little experience buff or are looking for a specific event that's not up in your current map instance.

Edit: Maybe also worth it in the specific situation where there's a group event that hasn't started yet, and you want to do it, and people aren't coming over to join you. (But you did say something about it in map chat and/or tagged up first yes?)

Edited by Kiki.9450
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

yeah, when the popup bribes you to change maps with +5% exp, just refuse. 
Hopefully your current map will have enough participents to finish the meta within the hour left.

Granted, it is frustraiting when you are in a group that is running pre-meta events and the map decides that it will close in an hour.  When you have already compleated a few major triggers to start the meta, but now there won't be enough time to finish the meta when it does start.

Or you can put up a lfg for it on a fresh meta map, people are farming these things for legendary you should get a few bites 

• Confused 1