Roam/Decapper Style Players

Hey guys,

I'm a d/p Daredevil main, not claiming to be great by any stretch (typically hover around gold 2 - 3) but I am enthusiastic about pvp. I'm wondering what the +1/decapper style players are enjoying lately. With the resurgence of scourge/reaper/DH/tempest, I've found myself not enjoying daredevil quite as much. My damage feels lackluster, but it seems too dangerous to not index into shadow arts for the cleanse and initiative regen. There's so much AoE literally everywhere that you can just kinda die by accident. xD I've been slowly leveling a new mesmer, making sure I have an intimate understanding of each trait and shatter combos  with the intent of playing power chrono (I had played ambush power mirage for a long time a while back too), and I think holo might also be a good choice. Do you guys have any suggestions? Even if it's simply "get gud" and drop shadow arts for DE/CS lol

• Like 1

I personally would keep sa for that sweet superspeed. DP is in a pretty solid spot rn, i'd just practice rotating(keeping your team in even fights, plussing a stray fight on roads), figuring out where to place yourself on the map and you'll win most of your games. Now mechanically to get better at thief just 1v1 a mirror or fast paced builds. 

• Like 2

From the classes you mention. If you want decap and +1 then I would choose thief or mirage. If you want more teamfight and +1 then I would choose holo or chrono. But there is good teamfight/+1 builds for every class. Just need to find the one you like to play the most. Im a mesmer main (but play all classes) and I have fun builds for any role except support on mesmer.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:40 PM, Mhina.1827 said:

Hey guys,

I'm a d/p Daredevil main, not claiming to be great by any stretch (typically hover around gold 2 - 3) but I am enthusiastic about pvp. I'm wondering what the +1/decapper style players are enjoying lately. With the resurgence of scourge/reaper/DH/tempest, I've found myself not enjoying daredevil quite as much. My damage feels lackluster, but it seems too dangerous to not index into shadow arts for the cleanse and initiative regen. There's so much AoE literally everywhere that you can just kinda die by accident. xD I've been slowly leveling a new mesmer, making sure I have an intimate understanding of each trait and shatter combos  with the intent of playing power chrono (I had played ambush power mirage for a long time a while back too), and I think holo might also be a good choice. Do you guys have any suggestions? Even if it's simply "get gud" and drop shadow arts for DE/CS lol

Holo, Untamed, Soulbeast, scrapper, Willbender, and Deadeye are okay choices for ranked. I use crit strikes on dp thief still or just play DE (Even though it got nerfed)

Tbh daredevil doesnt feel good for ranked. It feels better for ATs

• Like 1