steam logged me in a new account

last time i played guild wars 2 was in 2019 i had a lot of characters and gear etc but now everything is gone. i don't remember logging in the game through steam. any one else have this problem ?? and if so how can i fix this. thank you for your time :)

1 minute ago, cads.2786 said:

last time i played guild wars 2 was in 2019 i had a lot of characters and gear etc but now everything is gone. i don't remember logging in the game through steam. any one else have this problem ?? and if so how can i fix this. thank you for your time :)

It's not gone, you just created a new account via steam, as steam and anet-accounts are not compatible and can't be linked.

So you can either log in via the original launcher or, if you want to use steam, you have to add "-provider Portal" in the launch options (you can find the details in the linked post below, just ignore the wrong title, because you can't really link accounts, your old account will still be an anet-account) .

• Like 2

You played gw2 for the last time in 2019. That is before gw2 was released on steam. That means that your old account is a NON-steam account.

If you (re)install gw2 the old-fashioned way (not via steam) and log in with your old credentials, then you should be able to see your old characters again.

• Confused 1