Edit: Team Homeland Visibility (was not a good idea)

Not sure what you mean, homeborder varies with matchup as normal. On a regular reset one can tell by whether you win, loose or stay. A 4 week shuffle would be more complicated unless we’re told exactly what matchup position we end up in before hand, but it’s random…

It's not clear what you're asking.

You want to know which borderland is going to be home for your team?

Or you aren't placed on a team yet and want to know which color all the teams are before picking?

Why would it matter if teams don't stay a single color?

Edited by Chaba.5410

Yeah, I'm not very good at WvW, and play sparingly, but when I play, I seem to struggle when my home is desert borderlands? So I was thinking all things being equal if I could tell which borderland went with a team before starting, I could avoid it?

Having said that, I suppose my idea is even not a terribly good one beyond that surface level, as when you join a team, like, how long would you then be with that team, forever? And after you pick, then you would just end up moving around week after week to new locations, and it would be moot.

So, probably not a good idea. 

• notebene.3190 changed the title to Edit: Team Homeland Visibility (was not a good idea)
38 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Yeah, I'm not very good at WvW, and play sparingly, but when I play, I seem to struggle when my home is desert borderlands? So I was thinking all things being equal if I could tell which borderland went with a team before starting, I could avoid it?

Having said that, I suppose my idea is even not a terribly good one beyond that surface level, as when you join a team, like, how long would you then be with that team, forever? And after you pick, then you would just end up moving around week after week to new locations, and it would be moot.

Well it's not possible so you dont need to worry about it. WR or regular WvW, your color would always vary. Some worlds have big presence on dbl and happily hop in to defend it, some just hate it and wouldnt even stop AFKing a 50+ EBG queue to defend T3 when there's 10 people attacking. 

1 hour ago, notebene.3190 said:

You can tell in the WR or in the regular WvW matches. Open your WvW UI (B default I want to say else use the icon at the top left). There will be a house symbol on the right side of the left UI panel to show you what is your home borderland for the week. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

when you join a team, like, how long would you then be with that team, forever? And after you pick, then you would just end up moving around week after week to new locations, and it would be moot.

Yea, seems moot because of "one up, one down" system.  If your team starts out red (with desert as home) and wins, you move up to blue the next week.  If loses, you end up green in the next tier down.  The last place team in the bottom tier is the only team that would end up being red all the time.

Teams are going to get reformed every 4 weeks supposedly.  So you'd be with that team at least that long.

• Like 1