(Annual) Lunar New Year Customs on CORE account

Hi

Can someone confirm this is possible to finish on a CORE account. Iv'e invested some time into it now but i don't see how its possible, or i might be missing something.
I'm stuck at the mount race, unless there's a way to speed up raptor movement i don't see how this can be done on a Core account.
If anyone got any tips on how to do this i'd appreciate it.
If it can't be done id like to know so i don't keep wasting time.

Spoiler

*Seems to be possible if you spend time outside the mount.

Edited by Dark Entity.9758
  • Confused 1

I just did the race on my core account, it was very close, but then I did hit a few lamp posts along the way.

Here's a few things I think might help, although you might be doing all this anyway:
1) Rent the raptor before starting the race. It lasts for an hour and if you dismount you get a skill to get back on.
2) Don't (always) jump as soon as the bar has refilled, save it for flat ground with enough space for the full jump - if you jump when you're going down a slope you'll end up going straight then dropping down which is a longer path, if you jump going up a slope you'll hit it and won't go as far forward, and if you jump going into a corner you'll probably hit the wall.
3) It does help to jump across the bridges going up Dwayna Highroad though, because it's much quicker than trying to go around all the corners.
4) You probably already know this but you don't need to go through the middle of the arches, as long as you touch it you get credit for the checkpoint, so you can aim for the straightest path.
5) I find action camera really helps, the camera moves with the character so it's 1 less button to hold down and 1 less thing to think about.

The one that got me stuck was the firecracker lighting, I couldn't work out how to get down to the one in the arena (under the eagles head) without a glider or flying mount. I know there used to be a portal to it but I couldn't find it, I just kept going to the lower levels and back up. In the end I jumped down and died and someone revived me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The one that got me stuck was the firecracker lighting, I couldn't work out how to get down to the one in the arena (under the eagles head) without a glider or flying mount. I know there used to be a portal to it but I couldn't find it, I just kept going to the lower levels and back up. In the end I jumped down and died and someone revived me.

There is a way to do it. You can run up on the top of the dome, on the south side. I think it's the lip of the third planter you can drop down on. There's a very tall bush in it. You need to land on the planter not the bush. Then jump to the fence and run along it. You can just jump down to the balcony from there, and you'll still be alive.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

There is a way to do it. You can run up on the top of the dome, on the south side. I think it's the lip of the third planter you can drop down on. There's a very tall bush in it. You need to land on the planter not the bush. Then jump to the fence and run along it. You can just jump down to the balcony from there, and you'll still be alive.

Or just use the rented raptor and drop down get dismounted instead of dead for the fireworks.

The lightning adventure you can go the same rute behind the dome up to the beak and drop down to get last fire cracker while falling down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Or just use the rented raptor and drop down get dismounted instead of dead for the fireworks.

The lightning adventure you can go the same rute behind the dome up to the beak and drop down to get last fire cracker while falling down.

Good call. I always end up doing everything the hard way. lol