Amnytas meta

So I asked this question in a couple maps but nobody had a good answer.

I went to Amnytas 10 mins ahead of the meta start time. The event never started on that map. I swapped to a second and a third map from the LFG that were available. None of those maps started either. People just said it won't start on this map.

My question is whether that is intended? Are there things that must happen to make that map do a meta? Nobody said that there were Pre events to do and the only answers were to try another map.

And, if it's intended or not, what can I do to get into a "good" map that the meta starts in?

Please note, I'm not saying the meta was failing or not enough people, or whatever. The "invasion" or weakening of the barriers between realms or whatever simply never started.

Thanks!

• Confused 1

Thanks, that part I understand. But there were other people there on that map when I arrived. It didn't start for them either. That specific instance NEVER began the meta. Same with 2 other maps I managed to get into when folks started saying it would not begin on this instance.

I'm pretty new to the SOTO stuff so I don't know. Thanks

There are no starting conditions, it just has a 10 minute notice. If you don't see a countdown by the time it's supposed to start, it's not going to start in that instance. I tried joining late and it did actually start, it just ended up being 5 minutes late.

Just tried to get into an instance only to be 1 in queue for 20 mins.  Got thrown into 2 different instances while waiting and neither of those had the meta running at all.  If it says it's gonna start on a schedule, it needs to do so, especially on a week when it's a weekly WV objective.  Ridiculous to show up early for this and not even get to do it at all.  Waste of nearly 30 minutes.

Didn't remember the 10 minutes. (Thought it was 5.) But yes: If there is a timer before the event ... it can still start on other maps you join while that timer is running. With the meta being on weekly the maps probably will up fast though. And newly created instances - if there is a timer 10 minutes before it starts - will not have the meta if they get created in that time frame. (Past the start point when the timer should have started. It just does not start later with less time left. Only if the instance existed already 10 minutes before so the timer could have started at the normal time.)

Play at peak times and keep an eye on LFG. Here on EU servers I have no issue finding commanders that advertise their meta run on LFG. Both before and after the official start time at gw2wiki/et. Ofc, you have more chance to find a group when you are there before the start time. At peak times I usually see multiple maps going for the meta at the same time.