Mobility creep is ridiculous.

All classes are now as mobile as thief/mes and with similar burst, but they get way more sustain. Guardian now has 2/3 elite specs with passive 25% MS speed at no trade off, and 3/3 elites that can spam swiftness.

That's it. That's the thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I used to be able to play core rifle engi with tool kit specced for permanent swiftness, and rocket boots, and I'd be almost impossible to catch...couple years later, everything catches me and one shots me, dead build.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I used to be able to play core rifle engi with tool kit specced for permanent swiftness, and rocket boots, and I'd be almost impossible to catch...couple years later, everything catches me and one shots me, dead build.

Bro you and me both I feel like engi used to be THE SWIFTNESS class and one of the hardest to catch but now everything feels as fast if not faster. DH/WB still the biggest offenders with how they can simply just choose to run away and not only is it next to impossible to chase, they still have defensive CD's even if you manage to catch, and then they have range + AOE and it's like what is the trade off here again?

This is the biggest issue for me, favored classes get no trade offs, non-favored classes still are kept to this "balance design" of trade offs. If your class is not favored, why bother it seems. If you're an ele/guard/necro you've been eating if you're a mirage/thief you're being starved and beaten until morale improves.

• Like 3

Ayo once apon the time Warrior used to be the second fastest class ...... now even necros could outrun it with ez lol xD. Buuut i gues its fine. Every class nowdays have access to swiftness and some even many to superspeed xd.

Similar complaints are constantly made in PvE regarding the problematic quickness/alacrity boons that used to be key short burst things but now are a staple and expected to be provided at 100% uptime in 10+ mins encounters. If everyone had 33% less recharge time and acted with double velocity very few builds in PvE would be impacted which is a fundamental balance issue beyond just class imbalance.

Same is certainly true in PvP: if you made everyone move 25% faster by default it would change so few builds that anyone not traiting/equipping for it today is just handicapping their whole team unless they have plenty of ports to compensate.