Chat window opens during combat

This seriously annoying thing keeps happening whenever im in combat (no matter which char im using). Whenevr im fighting a boss or player etc., then with some combination of mouse button clicking and/or key pressing activates the chat. And i've tried unbinding everything that has anything to do with chat or commands, but the thing still happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

• Sad 1

can't say i've ever experienced this myself, outside of accidentlly Shift/ctrl-clicking a skill.

but it sounds like a keybind issue, or a ghosting issue with your keyboard(where erroneous keystrokes are being made, commonly caused by dust and debris under thee keycaps)

If you click on the chat window it will activate the chat. You can select for the chat to be hidden as well as removing the key binds like enter, will that help any?

I've had this issue before in combat. If you have difficulty with your mouse clicking on UI elements in combat it can be easier to use action camera 🙂

another clue can be if your mouse is going kind of wild, maybe something with mouse sensitivity?. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it (beyond there is a searchable way) but it is possible if your mouse is wildly moving here and there to click accidentally on ui like the chat box 

best of luck 

• Confused 1

On 2/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, Manstrup.6854 said:

This seriously annoying thing keeps happening whenever im in combat (no matter which char im using). Whenevr im fighting a boss or player etc., then with some combination of mouse button clicking and/or key pressing activates the chat. And i've tried unbinding everything that has anything to do with chat or commands, but the thing still happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

ive had it happen but not in a while