Expanded Weapon Proficiencies Are Coming Soon! We've Made Updates Based on Your Feedback.

On 2/14/2024 at 7:38 PM, TheDetective.8172 said:

Is it possible to make the visual indicator for bullets on Elementalist appear on the UI anywhere **but** the buff bar?

That location is already so incredibly crowded. I feel like Ele would benefit from some sort of Mesmer clone/Deadeye Malice UI indicator so you can tell at a quicker glance which bullets you do or don’t have.

- Day 1,000 of the Catalyst Jade Sphere AoE attack indicator being the wrong size when taking the radius increase trait. 

how about remove the stupid mechanic altogether and bake the buffs into the skills as they should be?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Personally adding more damage to 2 gamemodes that dont really need more damage does not seem like an improvement, namely spvp and wvw.
when it comes to wvw, several professions are already capable of 1 bursting down any other profession regardless of defenses and hp pools.
Adding to that does sound better in my opinion.
On the sustain part in wvw, depending on the composition of the squad, the transfusion changes did something to prevent teleporting downed players to near perfect safety.
However it did not change the overal sustain of a chosen set of professions together, which is atm rather high. Playing against a squad outnumbering you is not really that fun.
The lack of boonstrips means every squad can be a walking boonball that is then unkillable.

As for spvp, that mostly from others what I heard, but its not much different it seems, but just with higher damage and sustain numbers.

As for PvE, doing mouth of modremoth 3 times in a short time and ignoring several of the mechanics of that fight due to shear damage done with maybe 1 squad worth of total players on the map seems a bit over the top. it does make a lot of the meta events easier tbf, but maybe a bit too much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:44 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

I mentioned part of it already. The key points would be:

* no skills that are meant to target specific players

But there are skills that are targeting specific players, that's what the comment you quoted before mentioned in the first place. It's not an "inbuilt design" of not having targeted skills when we do have targeted skills and they're adding more, right?

* group member list not showing boons or hp bars

I think boon are visible in a party and hp is visible in both parties and squads?

* inability to select players by clicking on their name on the group/squad list

I'm pretty sure I was able to select friendly players by clicking on their "tile".

* no option to make/use shortcuts to directly select specific party/squad members or reliably "cycle" through party/squad list.

By that logic you're also not meant to use targeted skills on enemies because it works the same/similarly?

All 4 things were completely intentional decisions on Anet's part, and the reason was that they wanted to kill even a sligthest possibility of specialized healers

If that's what they wanted, they wouldn't add any. But they did add (and still do). And as far as I understand your "4 things" aren't exactly correct in the first place.

a design that was meant to actively prevent "ally targetting" from being useable

If they wanted it to be impossible to target, targetting allies would simply not be possible. But it is and always was.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

@Sobx.1758I am actually not guessing here. Not including several ally-targetting/management mechanics that were present in GW1 was a deliberate decision, and we have been told exactly why it was taken when they were still sharing more things (during late development phase and betas). Unfortunately, can't give you exact quotes anymore, because all those blog/forum posts no longer exist, but yes, they did straight out say at some point what their intentions were. Specifically, they did not want specialized healers and specialized support in the game, and that they designed ui and game mechanics to prevent such thing from emerging. Same with ally targeting - they wanted all such skills to be used through careful positioning and AoE effects, not by direct targeting.

Of course, we all know they changed their mind about all that at some points (dedicated heals with HoT, specialized support shortly after, and direct ally targetting skills with PoF) but some of the mechanics that were driven by original design goals are still in the game, making things problematic.

So, if you want to argue with someone, argue with original Anet dev team, not with me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758I am actually not guessing here.

So, if you want to argue with someone, argue with original Anet dev team, not with me.

And yet that "list of 4" you just gave me is mostly incorrect as far as I'm aware (and directly answered). I don't need to "argue with anet" about your list that isn't in line with the actual state of the game.

Not including several ally-targetting/management mechanics

So the usual "I'm correct with my general rule if we don't count anything that goes against it". As far as I'm aware, what you listed in your previous post is incorrect.

Specifically, they did not want specialized healers and specialized support in the game

Once again, by now the "specialized healers and support" are in the game much longer than they weren't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Does anyone else share my experience that targeting an ally by clicking on their tile in the squad or party grid and then casting a targeted spell does not actually cast the spell on them? Perhaps I have a setting selected improperly or something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And yet that "list of 4" you just gave me is mostly incorrect as far as I'm aware (and directly answered). I don't need to "argue with anet" about your list that isn't in line with the actual state of the game.

If you actually read my original post, you'd realize that those 4 points were talking about the game at launch. You not remembering how the game was then is not my problem, but yours.

Notice, btw, that "mostly incorrect" means 2 points out of 4 are still there, and one, has only a single exception so far. So, i'd say that, even though anet indeed has changed course, those points still remain mostly correct.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you actually read my original post, you'd realize that those 4 points were talking about the game at launch.

If you actually remind yourself what was quoted and subsequently questioned "what do you mean by that", it was this: "but most of the other in-built design parts meant to prevent player-targetted support from happening (or at least make it as annoying and convoluted as possible) are still there."

After which you listed:
* no skills that are meant to target specific players (false);
* group member list not showing boons or hp bars (parties show boons, parties AND groups show hp bars, so false again);
* inability to select players by clicking on their name on the group/squad list  (false, you can click on player tiles in groups and it does target friendly players)

* no option to make/use shortcuts to directly select specific party/squad members or reliably "cycle" through party/squad list. (not exactly false, but it's the same as for the opponent players, which I already specifically told you in the first response).

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, btw, that "mostly incorrect" means 2 points out of 4 are still there, and one, has only a single exception so far. So, i'd say that, even though anet indeed has changed course, those points still remain mostly correct.

3 false claims out of 4 is not "mostly correct". And the 4th point applies to any player regardless of them being ally or enemy, so... I don't know by what logic you see what you listed as "mostly correct", but it rather clearly is not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

On 2/17/2024 at 11:30 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

Does anyone else share my experience that targeting an ally by clicking on their tile in the squad or party grid and then casting a targeted spell does not actually cast the spell on them? Perhaps I have a setting selected improperly or something.

A couple of trouble shooting things.  One, after clicking on them have you moved your mouse back out to the main area?  If your cursor is on any part of the UI the skill goes off at your feet instead.  Two, have you got targeting set to snap aoe ground targeting to current target?  This has a downside in that you cannot lead a target, the skill lands wherever they were at the moment you fire off the skill, and you can't place shields and such between you and a target.  But it makes it super easy to drop your aoe on the target while you're moving (you still can't have the cursor on top of any UI elements, though).

My question remaining from the stream is when can we expect these?  I'm guessing Feb 27, when the wizard vault countdown concludes.  But the balance update isn't until March, which will shake up builds twice in quick succession if that's only a couple of weeks apart, so maybe the weapons come with the balance patch rather than the next update? (I know the blog says with the next update, the stream just wasn't clear for me).