Envious Reprieve achivement bugged [Merged]

8 minutes ago, OneAutumnLeaf.3915 said:

Neredium works and has a proper timer but vespers 3 times a 15s timer 

Seem like it's random got 1 Vespera who worked fine and 3 time with a 15s timer and just now a Neridum with 15s timer.

37 minutes ago, Poki.8235 said:

@Regina Buenaobra.6193

Todays patch may have fixed the achievement, but it broke the event. It often instantly fails a few seconds after it starts.

I just experienced this too. The event to kill the champion avatar of envy started, a little while after the west meta ended, and I and several other players waiting there started fighting the boss, it was Nereidum. Less than a minute into fighting it, while it still had perhaps 75% health or more, I got a notification to say the event failed (silver level contribution), and Nereidum despawned a few seconds later.

EDIT: The event started again a few minutes later (a fresh event, same boss but at 100% health again) and the same thing happened again - event failure while it was on about 90% health, then despawn.

Edited by Taniniver BlindDragon.9503
Update

I've been waiting around on several different maps, i've seen the event pop up every 4-5mn or so over 10-15 times, both Nereidum & Vespera get a 14-seconds timer as soon as they start being attacked.

Only once, i've actually had a Vespera that had no timer at all (even after getting in combat), we were able to kill her and get the achievement.

But the vast majority of spawns on at least 4 different maps were bugged and failed within 14 seconds.

• Like 2

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Both champions have spawned on the map here with 15 second timers on them. I know there's power creep, but 15s is a bit tight. Edit: swapping instances and waiting for an hour or so, managed to get both without 15 second timers. One had no timer at all even.

Edited by darksome.1697

4 hours ago, darksome.1697 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Both champions have spawned on the map here with 15 second timers on them. I know there's power creep, but 15s is a bit tight. Edit: swapping instances and waiting for an hour or so, managed to get both without 15 second timers. One had no timer at all even.

It's quite simple. You just need to have the full population of the map there in full raid gear ready to burn the boss down the second it spawns and scales properly. 😁

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

It's quite simple. You just need to have the full population of the map there in full raid gear ready to burn the boss down the second it spawns and scales properly. 😁

Envious Reprieve CM? Can I DPS if I'm not a Virtuoso?

Working on a running theory to avoid the 15 sec bug every time as of the March 19th patch. 

The idea is to get in melee range of the champs after they spawn, even let them hit you (so they have an agro target) then you can start attacking. Don't hit them with skyscale fireball before the timer starts. It might be coincidence but so far every time I've tried this method the event starts with the normal 10 minute timer. 

Maybe I've been really lucky but I will keep testing it for more results.

58 minutes ago, Spartam.2046 said:

Working on a running theory to avoid the 15 sec bug every time as of the March 19th patch. 

The idea is to get in melee range of the champs after they spawn, even let them hit you (so they have an agro target) then you can start attacking. Don't hit them with skyscale fireball before the timer starts. It might be coincidence but so far every time I've tried this method the event starts with the normal 10 minute timer. 

Maybe I've been really lucky but I will keep testing it for more results.

Didn't work for me just now. As soon as it hit me, the timer started at 15s.

Whole group of people waiting to get this achievement done - bosses started popping up after meta completed but always with 15s timers. 
We tried not using skyscales, making sure the boss gets the first hit in, making sure we broke the defiance bar and more but always they despawn after 15 seconds.