Shouldn't Harrowing Storm be a Shadowstep instead of a Teleport?

Also axe is a ranged weapons,  you don't really want to stay melee with it, so why can't it have a retreat option like sword 2?

If the enemy dodges your attack you are now melee with a ranged weapon on a thief, a class with very bad sustain and probably low on initiative 

If you really want to put a teleport on the most important damage skill, at leas give it the option to retreat if it fails, OR just make it a grounded teleport OR remove the teleport at all.

Forced movement is always bad on skills that are NOT MEANT to be utility skills (like sword 2 for example)

Of course I'm talking about PvP / WvW but this is also relevant in some instanced PvE encounter, where forced movement is crazy annoying 

Edited by TheThief.8475
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly the ability has very weird momentum, you shadowstep in your enemy's face and... just kinda wave your axe around?... Please consider changing animation and adding a strike after the shadowstep which is definitely not a teleport, it feels very random right now.

Edited by Szymon.5369

10 minutes ago, Szymon.5369 said:

Honestly the ability has very weird momentum, you shadowstep in your enemy's face and... just kinda wave your axe around?... Please consider changing animation and adding a strike after the shadowstep which is definitely not a teleport, it feels very random right now.

THis is exactly the problem with Harrowing Storm!  It's kinda like here i am... what now.  You can cloak and dagger but ... every time?

18 hours ago, Szymon.5369 said:

I agree with changing it to a shadowstep, although apparently relic of peitha treats it as a shadowstep. Perhaps the skill is bugged.

It's supposed to put you behind them so at least there should be a flank attack. Picking dagger off hand flows with the movement close to an opponent. It can bring a lot of strategic movement for competitive modes in my opinion.