Hell Sister

5 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

IT'S AUDIO

As I've become fond of thinking of her as "Hellkaren", this is particularly funny to me. Now I'm going to envision her saying, "You can't use the pool unless you live here! I don't think you live here! Let me see your driver's license!" right before she kills my Elementalist. 😏

• Confused 1

Are there any visual options in game to improve this fight? I continue to be tired of trying to avoid things I cannot see because of clutter. At this point I assume Anet has no desire to improve clutter, because they have been told about the clutter problem repeatedly (the Soo-Won encounter in the DE meta being one of the more commonly mentioned fights before these convergence ones) and they are ignoring player feedback.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

As I've become fond of thinking of her as "Hellkaren", this is particularly funny to me. Now I'm going to envision her saying, "You can't use the pool unless you live here! I don't think you live here! Let me see your driver's license!" right before she kills my Elementalist. 😏

The visual telegraph for her pull would be a text bubble with, "I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER!" 😛

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That's a build with good survivability. The combo effect of Adrenal Health, Hardened Armor, and Stalwart Strength ensures that. The Stab from Stalwart Strength also makes three of her four mechanics utterly trivial, which would explain how you experience that she does nothing to you as it negates the knockback, the knockback effect of the lines, and the Taunt effect, and most likely also the damage from the Eye since those are usually only delivered if the target is affected by the CC. While it does exist it's rare that mob-damage from CC is unlinked to their actual CC.

• Malus.2184 changed the title to Hell Sister

It's another evidence of the bigger problem with SotO mob design: They are filled to the brim with attacks that CC and instantly wipe you out, but they lack any cues and/or a proper way for you to counter play.

This is apparent with the Kryptis champs: So you thought you have managed to position yourself correctly and avoided all the AoEs? Nope, here are some random explosions that knock you out. 0 cues, 0 warnings. The reskinned frog is the worst offender: Push, boon rip pull to CC you, >RANDOM EXPLOSION<, belly slam to CC you, then another <RANDOM EXPLOSION<. The reskinned Karka? Explosion, more explosions, and when you thought you have avoided them, here's a >RANDOM EXPLOSION< 3 seconds later. And even though we learnt in the Cerus Strike to walk clockwise around the spinning wall, somehow the Kryptis champ with this ability also pulses a heavy AoE in addition to the spinning wall to make that strategy moot. Honestly I can't think of a reason why did they do this unless they're a bunch of sadists meaning to give players 0 counter play, and just eat the damage.

And let's not talk about the random Ley-Line abilities that these Kryptis got. Lore-wise it doesn't make any sense why would they even have them. Worst offender of this is Ignaxious. Below 50% he'll start farting deadly fire fields everywhere, including at the only 2 safe spots to dodge his instant death jump. With such setup you would think there's a way to counter play the fire fields right? Nope, he can't be CC'ed, and you just have to swallow the fact that either he jumps you to death or you'll be roasted to death standing in the "safe" spot. Pick your poison. Oh, and did I mention the fire fields are instant-cast and he gives 0 cues about when/where he'll spawn them? 0 counter play, 0 warnings, 0 cues. 

I'll give them credit that at least the Convergence bosses all telegraph their attacks. But that's not the issue, what's not telegraphed clearly is their CC attacks, which in tandem with their big attacks wipe groups out like flies. You would think there must be a counter play to it right? Nope, Stability doesn't work on any of the bulsht push/pull that all the bosses do. This is why Sorrow is particularly annoying, when the entire mechanics of the last phase is feeding balls and it keeps interrupting attempts to run toward Zojja with its CC/1-shot attacks. Hell Sister is also bulsht in this regard, but at least it doesn't roast Zojja fast enough for people to make it a problem.

Can't believe they managed to make fighting the Legendary Angry Chicken in Ebonhawke more fun and engaging than fighting any mobs from an entire expansion.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

That's a build with good survivability. The combo effect of Adrenal Health, Hardened Armor, and Stalwart Strength ensures that. The Stab from Stalwart Strength also makes three of her four mechanics utterly trivial, which would explain how you experience that she does nothing to you as it negates the knockback, the knockback effect of the lines, and the Taunt effect, and most likely also the damage from the Eye since those are usually only delivered if the target is affected by the CC. While it does exist it's rare that mob-damage from CC is unlinked to their actual CC.

Dont forget Full Counter.

Add that i have almost 27k health with Perma prot and the extra 10% dmg reduction from Hardened Armor.

So all the "one shots" dont kill me and because im melee where all the healing is, any dmg i take is healed in under a sec.

22 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Dont forget Full Counter.

Add that i have almost 27k health with Perma prot and the extra 10% dmg reduction from Hardened Armor.

So all the "one shots" dont kill me and because im melee where all the healing is, any dmg i take is healed in under a sec.

Full Counter is a situational thing, you need to know that something will happen before it's good. Unless you go by her shouting Full Counter is nearly useless in that encounter, for that reason, I dismissed it in the survivability for that specific encounter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/5/2024 at 11:16 AM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

It's another evidence of the bigger problem with SotO mob design: They are filled to the brim with attacks that CC and instantly wipe you out, but they lack any cues and/or a proper way for you to counter play.

This is apparent with the Kryptis champs: So you thought you have managed to position yourself correctly and avoided all the AoEs? Nope, here are some random explosions that knock you out. 0 cues, 0 warnings. The reskinned frog is the worst offender: Push, boon rip pull to CC you, >RANDOM EXPLOSION<, belly slam to CC you, then another <RANDOM EXPLOSION<. The reskinned Karka? Explosion, more explosions, and when you thought you have avoided them, here's a >RANDOM EXPLOSION< 3 seconds later. And even though we learnt in the Cerus Strike to walk clockwise around the spinning wall, somehow the Kryptis champ with this ability also pulses a heavy AoE in addition to the spinning wall to make that strategy moot. Honestly I can't think of a reason why did they do this unless they're a bunch of sadists meaning to give players 0 counter play, and just eat the damage.

And let's not talk about the random Ley-Line abilities that these Kryptis got. Lore-wise it doesn't make any sense why would they even have them. Worst offender of this is Ignaxious. Below 50% he'll start farting deadly fire fields everywhere, including at the only 2 safe spots to dodge his instant death jump. With such setup you would think there's a way to counter play the fire fields right? Nope, he can't be CC'ed, and you just have to swallow the fact that either he jumps you to death or you'll be roasted to death standing in the "safe" spot. Pick your poison. Oh, and did I mention the fire fields are instant-cast and he gives 0 cues about when/where he'll spawn them? 0 counter play, 0 warnings, 0 cues. 

I'll give them credit that at least the Convergence bosses all telegraph their attacks. But that's not the issue, what's not telegraphed clearly is their CC attacks, which in tandem with their big attacks wipe groups out like flies. You would think there must be a counter play to it right? Nope, Stability doesn't work on any of the bulsht push/pull that all the bosses do. This is why Sorrow is particularly annoying, when the entire mechanics of the last phase is feeding balls and it keeps interrupting attempts to run toward Zojja with its CC/1-shot attacks. Hell Sister is also bulsht in this regard, but at least it doesn't roast Zojja fast enough for people to make it a problem.

Can't believe they managed to make fighting the Legendary Angry Chicken in Ebonhawke more fun and engaging than fighting any mobs from an entire expansion.

At least the AoE Kryptis attacks are advertised with a field of some king.

Also, Ignaxious, you can easily avoid the fire on the glowing spot by walking backward. As long as the rock breaks his LoS to you're safe and can leave the glowing area.

The reason Stab has no effect is that Stab is a binary tool and for CC to have any effect it needs to ignore Stab or else stab will ignore it.