PVP IS DEAD. BECAUSE OF THIS CHEATING.

PvP has been the wild west for a long time now unfortunately. Most people play PvP just to play with friends and PvP veterans stick around because PvE doesn't give the same sort of APM (actions per minute) feel.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Technically, it's not that they allow it but that the frequency of their ban-wave is too low and not really that effective in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly last time "pros" got banned, it was because teapot made a big exposed video and anet would look bad if no action was taken

Those gizmo rmt happened at least 3 more times the exact way thay happened in thar occasion, but this time, no expose, no ban

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

At this point Anet should give out Gizmos for ascended shards and completely dry out the exclusive rewards from the mode in any way whatsoever. Maybe then that one certain group will stop bothering with manipulation in dead game mode in decade old game?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

At this point Anet should give out Gizmos for ascended shards and completely dry out the exclusive rewards from the mode in any way whatsoever. Maybe then that one certain group will stop bothering with manipulation in dead game mode in decade old game?

Titles for ascended shards, then they could create a tournament currency you get for playing ats and mats

1 at match win = 1 token

1 at tournament win = 20 token

1 mat match win = 10 token

mat quarter finalist = 30 token

mat semi finalist = 100 token

mat 2nd place = 200 token

mat winner = 500 token = gizmo price

then maybe we'd have ppl playing tournaments

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Titles for ascended shards, then they could create a tournament currency you get for playing ats and mats

1 at match win = 1 token

Exceptional suggestion, reminds me of gw1 HA title grind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hacking isn't why. That's a super niche super small portion of an already niche and small population. 

Anet putting their hand in the pvp world tourney bag then pulling out after they realized balance is a struggle marked the beginning of the end of pvp and that was the early days. Hacking is the result of lack of care from the devs, and it has been available for years upon years as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

On 3/4/2024 at 2:41 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

1 at match win = 1 token

even if you water down the gizmos, nerds will still cheat for the title.

as long as there is some type of exclusive reward, nerds will pay real money to obtain it.

as long as nerds can profit from nerds who spend real money to cheat for rewards/titles, they will.

as long as anet turns a blind eye on cheating, it will continue.

Edited by Exalted Quality.8534
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

1 at match win = 1 token

I like this. 

On 3/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Technically, it's not that they allow it but that the frequency of their ban-wave is too low and not really that effective in the grand scheme of things.

If the ban wave frequency is so low that people arent terrified of RMTing gizmos, its precisely "being technically allowed." 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Exalted Quality.8534 said:

even if you water down the gizmos, nerds will still cheat for the title.

as long as there is some type of exclusive reward, nerds will pay real money to obtain it.

as long as nerds can profit from nerds who spend real money to cheat for rewards/titles, they will.

as long as anet turns a blind eye on cheating, it will continue.

This will actually make the whole gizmo sell market easier, easier and fast to get gizmos, hard to track the rmt. In a way it's a good thing, only the leaderboard AP nerds pay for this, how many would be willing to pay for it? In less than an year nobody would be paying for it.

It would prolly be a good thing for the tournament scene, with a lot more ppl playing it, knowing they get that slow progress towards their reward.

It would also water down the whole market, cuz nobody can't stop you from getting gizmos, so I could sell a gizmo, you could sell a gizmo, the silver 3 dude could sell a gizmo, the only difference is the time invested to get it.

Edited by Khalisto.5780

I have the whole, "it doesn't effect me, so idc" mentality to the top 5 Conquest titles and MAT rewards.

If a person has disposable income and wants to pay nerds for rewards that they'll otherwise would never ever earn, then go for it. I've thought of paying a PvE player to get PvE exclusive rewards because I know I'll never PvE in this game, ever. PvE in MMO's has never been fun for me, personally. But dang, some armor skins look nice tho.

I... don't think I want to give end-game rewards to players who spend thousand of hours grinding out tournaments. That would mean I could get a gizmo, eventually. I'm not sure if I want to be rewarded in that way. I would rather get a "no-lifer" reward like, You've Won 10,000 ranked games on Guardian. Here's your no-lifer reward title!

Whether gamers in this game feels thats awkward or cringe, that's just fun for me. Because that's 1 single thing I can jingle in front of the top 5 players on NA or on EU... an account that's old.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Op literally accuses everyone for wintrading and being bots in every match he is in. In all caps and then afks. You are just as much of an issue if not more than the few obvious alt accounts (that we all know how they are but anet it seems) that are hacking.

You or I can't do anything about that but both you and I have some self work to do on our in game attitude and as being constructive and good team mates. Gl.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I have the whole, "it doesn't effect me, so idc" mentality to the top 5 Conquest titles and MAT rewards.

If a person has disposable income and wants to pay nerds for rewards that they'll otherwise would never ever earn, then go for it. I've thought of paying a PvE player to get PvE exclusive rewards because I know I'll never PvE in this game, ever. PvE in MMO's has never been fun for me, personally. But dang, some armor skins look nice tho.

I... don't think I want to give end-game rewards to players who spend thousand of hours grinding out tournaments. That would mean I could get a gizmo, eventually. I'm not sure if I want to be rewarded in that way. I would rather get a "no-lifer" reward like, You've Won 10,000 ranked games on Guardian. Here's your no-lifer reward title!

Whether gamers in this game feels thats awkward or cringe, that's just fun for me. Because that's 1 single thing I can jingle in front of the top 5 players on NA or on EU... an account that's old.

Except many of the "top 5 conquest" titles have been acquired through 3rd party cheats, and those players are free to keep playing and make as many alt accounts as they want. Not really the same as people buying accounts with titles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Except many of the "top 5 conquest" titles have been acquired through 3rd party cheats, and those players are free to keep playing and make as many alt accounts as they want. Not really the same as people buying accounts with titles.

That was something i've always thought about. Like, if they have cheats to alter the game code and float in the air like Peter Pan, or port hack across the map while in stealth, wouldn't they also have the ability to get which ever player rating on their side of the team and/or also placing an AFK bot on the other? There's already legit methods to get your friends (or bots) on the opposite team without 3rd party cheats so... at the end of the day, why does it matter at all? God of PvP is such a worthless title that not not even #1 NA uses it in sPvP.

My point is, there's going to be a guarantee method of getting top 5 in Conquest and being the #1 MAT team in the monthly for NA and EU. Anet can ban accounts but those players also can't get any long-term titles, which is something I would like to have more of personally.

The #1 issue with long term PvP Titles is when I've talked to some friends, they feel that the 1200+ Ranked PvP wins is an insane feat. To the point that they no longer want to play GW2. They like working towards a goal and that's an impossible goal for the majority of PvP players.

There should be a middle ground for PvP players who do like working towards an sPvP Achievement goal while also catering to PvP players who've no-lifed soloQ over and over. I feel the new upcoming pvp title is a good start.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/14/2024 at 12:19 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

That was something i've always thought about. Like, if they have cheats to alter the game code and float in the air like Peter Pan, or port hack across the map while in stealth, wouldn't they also have the ability to get which ever player rating on their side of the team and/or also placing an AFK bot on the other? There's already legit methods to get your friends (or bots) on the opposite team without 3rd party cheats so... at the end of the day, why does it matter at all? God of PvP is such a worthless title that not not even #1 NA uses it in sPvP.

My point is, there's going to be a guarantee method of getting top 5 in Conquest and being the #1 MAT team in the monthly for NA and EU. Anet can ban accounts but those players also can't get any long-term titles, which is something I would like to have more of personally.

The #1 issue with long term PvP Titles is when I've talked to some friends, they feel that the 1200+ Ranked PvP wins is an insane feat. To the point that they no longer want to play GW2. They like working towards a goal and that's an impossible goal for the majority of PvP players.

There should be a middle ground for PvP players who do like working towards an sPvP Achievement goal while also catering to PvP players who've no-lifed soloQ over and over. I feel the new upcoming pvp title is a good start.

God of pvp title got replaced years ago. And no guarantee of who wins mat

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I came here to remind that OP plays insane chatwars if you not moving on the map the way he wants you to

he basicly afks to tell you how badly you playing (from his perspective)

I have heard rumours from others as well. He might have been once in my games, but I can't even remember 

• Confused 3

On 3/4/2024 at 3:17 PM, BlackSamurai.6540 said:

PVP IS DEAD. BECAUSE OF THIS CHEATING.

There used to be a large and vibrant sPvP community in GW2. But sPvP has been dead for many years since the eSports scene left GW2 around the time after HoT was released.  Because of bad balancing. 

• Like 1

It's not the cheating that makes me not play this game anymore. It's the same 5v5 conquest for 12+years. It's the unfair competitive leader board where the top players can have multiple accounts on the leader board. It's a pointless system that is just a waist of time without any fair competition to be had anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It's not the cheating that makes me not play this game anymore. It's the same 5v5 conquest for 12+years. It's the unfair competitive leader board where the top players can have multiple accounts on the leader board. It's a pointless system that is just a waist of time without any fair competition to be had anywhere.

The one that reacted confused emoji is the one cheater

Edited by BlackSamurai.6540
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...