I still believe making Scepter a dynamic weapon based on Legend used, would have been a better idea

I still believe making Scepter a dynamic weapon based on Legend used, would have been a better idea. Right now the Scepter concept needs work and has bugs, but after these are resolved, I would then like to fully judge the weapon. But this was a missed opportunity really.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kravey.4563 said:

Might be just my personal thought, but I still think it should have been ranged weapon in first place since revs still don't have access to one-handed ranged weapon.

Maybe that will lead us to getting ranged dagger(s) in expansion 5, so we can compete with virtuosos for meta dps :classic_laugh:

Imo, Scepter should have been the shortbow but for power. Instead we got some WTF support weapon who isn't good at nothing. They need either to redo it, or I don't see any function of it, maybe if you wanna look cool with a scepter in your main hand. 

• Like 1

Don't worry, they'll find a way to force people to use it, like they did with the F2 vindicator, or by nerfing something else before they realise that it's their weapon that has a problem. When you see that it took them almost 3 years to fix the hammer, on one of their mistakes...  

I hope the new renegat won't be even worse than the old one.

And for example the axe 4 change, a completely useless change.

Edited by Angesombre.4630

On 3/5/2024 at 1:44 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I still believe making Scepter a dynamic weapon based on Legend used, would have been a better idea. Right now the Scepter concept needs work and has bugs, but after these are resolved, I would then like to fully judge the weapon. But this was a missed opportunity really.

yes...yes...pls yes... basicly what it shouldve been 

1 hour ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Don't worry, they'll find a way to force people to use it, like they did with the F2 vindicator, or by nerfing something else before they realise that it's their weapon that has a problem. When you see that it took them almost 3 years to fix the hammer, on one of their mistakes...  

I hope the new renegat won't be even worse than the old one.

And for example the axe 4 change, a completely useless change.

Sad, but true, maybe they're nerving the might uptime on herald, so you need to play that crap weapon. If that's the way to go, then good night.😒

Compared to the other released weapons it's the bloody truth that Scepter is the worst new weapon. 😞

It's sad to see, what other professions get (example Ranger Maces / overpowered cc, heal, boons, dps, Necromancer / Swords, may not op as ranger mace, but they have their place, Mesmer / Rifle, nice animations + good weapon for healing builds, they all may have minor issues, but they are out of comparison to scepter) and the revenant, the channeler of the mist, the wielder of legends, gets an in hurry and stepmotherly constructed abnormality which is i think not beyond pre alpha.

Don't wanna talk about the animation of the autoattack, cause laughflash is calling.🤣 

The new renegade might be good, but after the scepter and last changes, (for example the axe 4 change, vindicator damage nerf) i have no hope for it.  The chance, that it will be undertuned is much higher than the opposite, cause it's revenant.

And after 2-3 years it is playable und you don't need to play shiro / malyx for cDps /cAlac. *irony of*

I wonder if there is an developer who mains revenant. If yes, there is work to do we are counting on you.😄

Edited by Tobias.4975
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Worst? Elementalist pistol and engineer shortbow might have a word with you on that.

Everything else does seem to be clearly better, though (albeit not all without issues of their own).

I think they're trying to make it competitive, which will be the worst

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:44 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Honestly even if it were dynamic, if it came shipped with the current kit, it's still bad. Scepter right now suffers from massive functionality issues over the fact that the weapon is just lackluster.

The only reason it's being used at all is because Revenants literally have no other option to fill that mainhand support niche. 

11 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

They nerfed mace. That's what they did to make people play sceptre.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

They nerfed mace. That's what they did to make people play sceptre.

I agree with you, but once again it was done before the sceptre and in a clumsy way. Even though I wasn't expecting anything, I'm still disappointed. Knowing that the Relic of Karakosa had a nerf at the same time.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Worst? Elementalist pistol and engineer shortbow might have a word with you on that.

Everything else does seem to be clearly better, though (albeit not all without issues of their own).

OK, shortbow is underwhelming in damage and support, too, but doesn't lack in gameplay and animations.

Pistol on Ele, you are right.

But yes, there are worlds beyond that weapons and the other six.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 8:26 AM, SidewayS.3789 said:

Imo, Scepter should have been the shortbow but for power. Instead we got some WTF support weapon who isn't good at nothing. They need either to redo it, or I don't see any function of it, maybe if you wanna look cool with a scepter in your main hand. 

The biggest problem with it is that it really doesn’t actually do anything… it has a weak auto attack, and 2 skills that both grant the exact same buffs that are barely noticeable.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The best would be if scepter would have legend-based skills like the trident and be a 900 range weapon. 

Skill 1 would do power damage and a condition based on the active legend. 

Skill 2 would do aoe power damage and grant might, fury and a boon based on the active legend to nearby allies. 

Skill 3 would control enemies or grant barrier to allies as pipe skill again. 

The legends would do these conditions and boons: 

Mallyx: Torment/Resistance

Shiro: Vulnerability/Might

Jalis: Weakness/barrier

Ventari: Cripple/Regeneration

Glint: Burning/Protection

Kalla: Bleeding/Resolution

Alliance: Chilled/Vigor

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

The best would be if scepter would have legend-based skills like the trident and be a 900 range weapon. 

Skill 1 would do power damage and a condition based on the active legend. 

Skill 2 would do aoe power damage and grant might, fury and a boon based on the active legend to nearby allies. 

Skill 3 would control enemies or grant barrier to allies as pipe skill again. 

The legends would do these conditions and boons: 

Mallyx: Torment/Resistance

Shiro: Vulnerability/Might

Jalis: Weakness/barrier

Ventari: Cripple/Regeneration

Glint: Burning/Protection

Kalla: Bleeding/Resolution

Alliance: Chilled/Vigor

The rework on sounds very good for me.

Currently i see no reason to use the Skill3 on enemy, the aktuell condis are not that good + the damageincrease isn't the real thing either, cause the damage is fundamentally bad.

The timegate of the pull / barrierteleport is also horrible. You can't realy use it when you need it, remove it, or give the option to use it right from the start. 

The weapon has the potential of being a support + the option being a singletarget-dps-weapon, if the numbers + skills get a little bit love.

• Thanks 1