What is arenanet doing about people that use macro for skill automation? - Fresh Air Weaver Players

TOS

• You cannot use macros to create skill chains in any competitive environment, including PvP, WvW, open world activities, races, etc.

I don't have a 100% proof that someone is using macros to play Fresh Air but in the last few weeks I practiced Fresh Air Quite a lot
    I definitely can hold my own especially how quickly I can land combos.
    There is another level of players who are better than me and they are just as fast but are a lot more consistent.
    But turns out there is another level above even this.
    People who are probably twice as fast as me who land all the combos almost all the time.
    I'm pressing keys so fast on the keyboard I don't think it's humanly possible to be twice as fast as me also to land everything 95% of the time.

We are not talking about default gear andies who are just bots and are farming gold we are talking about players who are absolutely full legenedary gear with legendary weapon sets and wings.

It's interesting how sometimes they are stuck in doing an entire combo when the situation no longer requires it.
For example I played as a Thief against a very SUS Fresh Air Weaver who was devastating us.
I was holding Quarry and he came to 1vs1 me for the point.
I knew that something is off about him so when I saw that he is preparing to land one of the combos I just stealthed with a Smokebomb and Blinked max range. He ended up doing almost the entire combo on the ground despite me not being there for almost 1.5 sec. During the 1.5 sec I observed the most erratic and unnatural behavior I've ever seen almost like he was battling against the macro that was auto landing spells.
I observed such behavior 1 or 2 more times in the game. 

Put how insanely broken Fresh Air Weaver is Mobility, Barrers, Blocks, CC, Heal and Damage with no downtime now put ontop full macro automation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

It’s funny how people underestimate the level of competency that’s possible in this 10+ year old game.

19 minutes ago, Skary.8956 said:

but in the last few weeks I practiced Fresh Air Quite a lot

Practicing a few combos for a month is like a drop in the bucket. People have several PhD’s worth of commitment and experience on their classes. I promise you it’s possible to hit FA combos faster and more consistently than a month’s practice.

…also running an entire combo on where you think a thief player is at isn’t strange, that player just has object permanence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, vilesoldier.9826 said:

It’s funny how people underestimate the level of competency that’s possible in this 10+ year old game.

Practicing a few combos for a month is like a drop in the bucket. People have several PhD’s worth of commitment and experience on their classes. I promise you it’s possible to hit FA combos faster and more consistently than a month’s practice.

…also running an entire combo on where you think a thief player is at isn’t strange, that player just has object permanence.

Feels like you ignored the rest of the points I made and the super weird behaviour

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

FA Weaver's burst just needs, mostly, an initial target. Once the skills start, they're going to land most times than not. (Unless you dodge). Porting won't stop Air Auto, won't stop Plasma Beam, etc etc.

A lot of Weaver's kit can track in stealth, and most, smarter, FA Weavers will predict you're going to port somewhere. (Especially with 10+ years of experience).

Do you have a name of the FA Weaver that was being 'sus' about their ability to land their burst? As for your claims to Weaver's indestructibility... Have you considered stealthing sooner or even blatantly not even attempting to contest the FA Weaver if you're having issues with them?

It's always hilarious seeing the topic of macros brought up, and it seems to ALWAYS be in regards to FA Ele/Weaver.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Lol git gud, weaver is probably the hardest class out there and no amount of macro usage would render it easier or even better. Getting stomped by some macro pleb is embarrassing. Smh the audacity of the ppl here. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Skary.8956 said:

Feels like you ignored the rest of the points I made and the super weird behaviour

I’m pretty sure I directly addressed all your points, sir. Or is this another “what really happened was too hurtful so I must hyperbolize and aggrandize”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Hey, folks! I understand why are you so protective over my accusation that Weaver is a bit too good especially in the hands of a veteran.
In that case if the matchmaking is properly working why am I getting matched with a "veteran" if I need to git good?
Next thing the post is titled how is anet verifying if someone is using macros because if you look of the amount of unresponsive Core Ranger Sylvaris with Smokescale and Trap grinding pvp with default gear I dont think they are doing that much. Because from my interactions with support bc I deleted 2 gifts of might(rip) and their tools were so limited that they were unable to verify that I even had them(Wizards Vault Legendary Starter 2x) I havent crafted anything with them + I cannot trade or mail them.
I really doubt that anyone on the anet team actively plays pvp let alone monitor wintrading, botting or macro usage.
Also I get the other side of it it's fun as hell to play Fresh Air and if they nerf it March 19 probably it's going to get nerfed to oblivion

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

You need a 699$ hand-crafted wooden gaming keyboard to do that.

Mmmmmm. But the click-clacks make it all the more worth it. I want everyone to hear me in a VC whenever I say I'm about to focus someone. They'll hear: CLACKITY CLACK CLACK CLACK, "I'M ON IT!", CLACK CLACK, BOOM BOOM BOOM.  And suddenly they'll see a downstate on the map... Either me or the target.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skary.8956 said:

Next thing the post is titled how is anet verifying if someone is using macros

Most likely they don't.

However i don't think that's a big problem, because macros don't provide that many advantages in PvP. At most they might make the game a bit easier for bad players, but a good player who is manually pressing the buttons will always be better than a macro user. Because macros are inflexible (and therefore also predictable) and being good at the game is more about pressing the right buttons at the right moment, not about pressing everything as fast as possible and the few combos that actually require fast fingers can be pulled off manually just as fine with some practise and good key binds.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:26 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Most likely they don't.

However i don't think that's a big problem, because macros don't provide that many advantages in PvP. At most they might make the game a bit easier for bad players, but a good player who is manually pressing the buttons will always be better than a macro user. Because macros are inflexible (and therefore also predictable) and being good at the game is more about pressing the right buttons at the right moment, not about pressing everything as fast as possible and the few combos that actually require fast fingers can be pulled off manually just as fine with some practise and good key binds.

Most of the mice these days use macros to even function and they come with Macro software so Anet can't do kitten about macros except balance the game around the Idea that it will be used. 
I call kitten on that "PRO" players wouldn't use simple kittening macro, those kitteners have been doing all the cheats possible, used  movespeed hacks "cause it makes the game more fun", what is stopping them from kittening using their MMO mouse to bind a button to do all the combos , you can even add delay to the action and it would look like a single press is multiple clicks. 

Most of the PVP "PROs"  are kitten and the best part is that they managed to kill their favourite pass time cause no one wants to play this kitten mode anymore because of all the shenanigans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I don't think any top players are using macros lol, there's so much more to being a good player than hitting buttons fast. 

After playing the game for a while you'll start to understand how to preload the next ability and how many times u gotta spam the same button to make sure it goes off. I do the same shid FA players do on core ele and my combos are fast, too 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I don't think any top players are using macros lol, there's so much more to being a good player than hitting buttons fast. 

After playing the game for a while you'll start to understand how to preload the next ability and how many times u gotta spam the same button to make sure it goes off. I do the same shid FA players do on core ele and my combos are fast, too 

Mmhm. Although in a different environment, I've learned and have been doing very fast combos on scepter focus with celerity sigil, so I can manage to cc some power class and delete them in about 1 second right after. All while not having any elite specs to worry about : D

Gotta confess (my fault for not reading it) I didn't realize it wasn't allowed. As others have mentioned macros are basically embedded in gaming mouse/keyboards nowadays. I probably inadvertently used some in PvE before lol. I don't think Anet can reliably check it except for glaringly obvious cases (someone in a 15 min match repeating the exact same combo with no differences in delay when accounted for ping). But also maybe it's not that much of an impact either? Botting and match manipulation ruins the experience far more imo.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:28 AM, vilesoldier.9826 said:

lmfao IDK why some people think that a 5-6 button rotation that requires los and and range positioning (which could be different for each ability) can be pulled off 100% of the time and that player is legit. I've never see a legit player able to time mutiple abilities while fighting mutiple opponants, avoid their dmg, time their interupts, watch for the ground splatter, break the CC, disable their opponant, and pull off a 6 button rotation that requires you to not miss a milisecond on the ability timers without using macro strings. 

Not a single player in any of the top 10 ranking of previous games would claim to be able to do such a thing 100% of the time, it's not something you'd ever see on stream consistantly. It's something you would see a handful of times from a handful of really skilled players who were on top of their game atm. 

These players left on GW2 are not the best of the best PvP's in the world, they are using macros, and it's pretty obvious too, you can watch a lot of them continue the macro string when they missed the intial disable to start the rotation. 

Edited by Fellknight.4820
  • Confused 3

On 3/5/2024 at 3:00 PM, Skary.8956 said:

TOS

• You cannot use macros to create skill chains in any competitive environment, including PvP, WvW, open world activities, races, etc.

I don't have a 100% proof that someone is using macros to play Fresh Air but in the last few weeks I practiced Fresh Air Quite a lot
    There is another level of players who are better than me and they are just as fast but are a lot more consistent.
    But turns out there is another level above even this.
    People who are probably twice as fast as me who land all the combos almost all the time.
    I'm pressing keys so fast on the keyboard I don't think it's humanly possible to be twice as fast as me also to land everything 95% of the time.

We are not talking about default gear andies who are just bots and are farming gold we are talking about players who are absolutely full legenedary gear with legendary weapon sets and wings.

It's interesting how sometimes they are stuck in doing an entire combo when the situation no longer requires it.
For example I played as a Thief against a very SUS Fresh Air Weaver who was devastating us.
I was holding Quarry and he came to 1vs1 me for the point.
I knew that something is off about him so when I saw that he is preparing to land one of the combos I just stealthed with a Smokebomb and Blinked max range. He ended up doing almost the entire combo on the ground despite me not being there for almost 1.5 sec. During the 1.5 sec I observed the most erratic and unnatural behavior I've ever seen almost like he was battling against the macro that was auto landing spells.
I observed such behavior 1 or 2 more times in the game. 

Put how insanely broken Fresh Air Weaver is Mobility, Barrers, Blocks, CC, Heal and Damage with no downtime now put ontop full macro automation.

do you have skill retargeting on + ground targeting instant?

3 hours ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

I've never see a legit player able to time mutiple abilities while fighting mutiple opponants, avoid their dmg, time their interupts, watch for the ground splatter, break the CC, disable their opponant, and pull off a 6 button rotation that requires you to not miss a milisecond on the ability timers without using macro strings.

Gotta say it’s adorable that you think this is beyond the limits of what any competent player can do. Like, you’ve NEVER seen a legit player do this? You think this is MAT winner-exclusive? that’s cute!

3 hours ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

These players left on GW2 are not the best of the best PvP's in the world, they are using macros, and it's pretty obvious too, you can watch a lot of them continue the macro string when they missed the intial disable to start the rotation. 

Whatever makes you feel better man, I support you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Gotta confess (my fault for not reading it) I didn't realize it wasn't allowed. As others have mentioned macros are basically embedded in gaming mouse/keyboards nowadays. I probably inadvertently used some in PvE before lol. I don't think Anet can reliably check it except for glaringly obvious cases (someone in a 15 min match repeating the exact same combo with no differences in delay when accounted for ping). But also maybe it's not that much of an impact either? Botting and match manipulation ruins the experience far more imo.

and to beat that detection the fricken mice allow you to insert randomised delay so that the exact timing varies.

4 hours ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

lmfao IDK why some people think that a 5-6 button rotation that requires los and and range positioning (which could be different for each ability) can be pulled off 100% of the time and that player is legit. I've never see a legit player able to time mutiple abilities while fighting mutiple opponants, avoid their dmg, time their interupts, watch for the ground splatter, break the CC, disable their opponant, and pull off a 6 button rotation that requires you to not miss a milisecond on the ability timers without using macro strings. 

Not a single player in any of the top 10 ranking of previous games would claim to be able to do such a thing 100% of the time, it's not something you'd ever see on stream consistantly. It's something you would see a handful of times from a handful of really skilled players who were on top of their game atm. 

just to point it out... some of my combos I am already hitting the second button before I find out the result of the first in order to get the timing right.   I will launch a mortar and switch to thunderclap and start its cast before the mortar hits. I've already then committed to electro whirl in preparation for my close range rocket charge

• Thanks 1

Everytime I see a player pulling off a long rotation flawlessly I'm also seeing other things from that player that are suspect. There are tons of programs easy to download that would better explain what I see from players, then the kitten who can't climb barrels to jump up a wall suddenly found god timing and has the reflexes of a fly. 

There is a well known cheater that uses long macro scripts daily in arena, maybe he is also the best player in the world, but the fact that he is flying and teleporting around leads me to believe it's macro strings. 

Edited by Fellknight.4820
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

Everytime I see a playing pulling off a long rotation flawlessly I'm also seeing other things from that player that are suspect. There are tons of programs easy to download that would better explain what I see from players, then the kitten who can't climb barrels to jump up a wall suddenly found god timing and has the reflexes of a fly. 

There is a well known cheater that uses long macro scripts daily in arena, maybe he is also the best player in the world, but the fact that he is flying and teleporting around leads me to believe it's macro strings. 

*Gets pressed about claims that no legit players can pull off 5-6 button combos consistently*

*Brings up example of ffa cheater*

👌

On 3/5/2024 at 2:29 PM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I agree FA is a dumb build, especially on weaver, but you dont need macros to play it. Like half of your skills are instant anyways.

Well.....3/4 of you would be respawn food if getting even remotely close to FA ele, trying to play it

Edited by Arheundel.6451