Death Perception needs crit chance buff in WvW

XECOR.2814

Please give it 5% or more critical chance in WvW.
Fury is only 20% critical chance increase in WvW as compared to 25% in PvE.

Making any kind of power build on necromancer in WvW currently is nerfing yourself.
Instead you just have to use celestial gear with curses trait line and with might to get crit cap and do more strike damage than power builds.

Truthfully making any necromancer's spec power build in WvW is super annoying because you are just starved of crit chance and you have to put more and more of your stats into precision making you do less and less strike damage because you lose out on power and ferocity, and another major thing is that you have even less space to take defensive gear with toughness and vitality.

Given the burst of specs like willbender, deadeye/daredevil, catalyst and soulbeast, vitality just isn't viable right now.
You need both high toughness, vitality and protection uptimes to even think about engaging them.
I have felt that the amount of resources you need to invest in crit chance for power builds is waaay to much rn and I know people who are veterans at the class noticed the same.
Its just they don't believe anything changes by putting it here so they don't even mention it. But i believe things should be brought to light so here it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I can get to 70% crit without any difficulty running just Soul Reaping/Blood Magic with 1500 Toughness and 24k Health, is that not good enough for you? I don't see why it should give the same crit chance as Fury when it also gives +15% crit damage.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

9 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I can get to 70% crit without any difficulty running just Soul Reaping/Blood Magic with 1500 Toughness and 24k Health, is that not good enough for you? I don't see why it should give the same crit chance as Fury when it also gives +15% crit damage.

1. Cause its a gm so it can. 

2. The purpose of this skill is to to give a certain amount of crit chance and it is callibrated based on pve. Since we share the same gear as pve but the fury value is different we need to account for the power this trait provides is much much lower.

3. And yes that is not enough for reaper in 2024 wvw. If you want to have fury generation you need to take grandmaster traits, and give up cleanses and sustain while other builds gets stab+prot+resistance out of the box in their kit. The arguments you have work only on paper thats "these stats look good enough" but as soon as you jump in game you get hard resource countered because you invest so much in making the power builds bare minimum requirements you tradeoff many qol things for survivability or extra damage or effect.

• Like 2