Blossoming Aura LOS requirement after casting is dumb.

Shao.7236

If Ray of Judgement on Guardian can persist, so should Blossoming Aura, players can easily get out of it's range as it is short, the skill is slow and requires a predictable timing (always the last hit) to deal it's best damage. It is far from overpowered (even at 8K potential damage) given how much setup is required to make good use of everything else on Scepter.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 5

• Shao.7236 changed the title to Blossoming Aura LOS requirement after casting is dumb.

If you're using it in competitive just for damage, it's literally pointless to keep it pulsing either. The max scaling for it in competitive is 25% per tick with 25% max bonus damage. This skill is an absolute joke to the point it's only useful for Barrier and at that point, it should just pulse on the Revenant player themselves. 

Dumb skill, dumb weapon, dumb design, complete hogwash. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 8

Yeah the LoS thing is really odd. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume it's a bug or unintended mechanic. If it's intentional, well idk what to say.

8 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

If you're using it in competitive just for damage, it's literally pointless to keep it pulsing either. The max scaling for it in competitive is 25% per tick with 25% max bonus damage. This skill is an absolute joke to the point it's only useful for Barrier and at that point, it should just pulse on the Revenant player themselves. 

Dumb skill, dumb weapon, dumb design, complete hogwash. 

The pulsing mechanic is kinda interesting. It's an easy IO proc-er for some annoying DoT damage, and I'd say the ability to instant cast it mid any sort of animation is pretty neat. Not to say I think the weapon is good as a whole, but the pulsing/detonating aspect feels more beneficial for damage than it does for support and has some merit.

1 hour ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Yeah the LoS thing is really odd. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume it's a bug or unintended mechanic. If it's intentional, well idk what to say.

For all the criticism the skill get, it hits hard and that's all that matters even though it has the other benefits such as Weakness and barrier, whether appreciated or not, if you're a support it's better than having Mace or Sword. The potential behind ruining people's kitting is extremely good and I would definitely ask Anet to fix it so that it works properly because Scepter while definitely not the best CQB weapon has it's strengths going all around that makes it a unique weapon that's good enough at mid range which was intended but also that pull is MEGA good on thieves as such or setting up people to get attacked for the team, however it has no other damage sources which is why being able to hit hard with it makes sense and so much so getting the skill LOS'd when it can be evaded and requires to be landed in the first place is just plain dumb.

While at it I'd say that also Otherwordly Bond should apply chill and not cripple, it's like they are afraid to give it and that would make it the only mainhand without any condition damage possible right now.

10 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

The pulsing mechanic is kinda interesting. It's an easy IO proc-er for some annoying DoT damage, and I'd say the ability to instant cast it mid any sort of animation is pretty neat. Not to say I think the weapon is good as a whole, but the pulsing/detonating aspect feels more beneficial for damage than it does for support and has some merit.

It's interesting until the target walks behind a pillar and you aren't able to keep up because you are not using Sword 3. 

• Like 2