Do you guys like fighting Elementalists?

Asking the players who either mostly or only play Ele in WvW/PvP

Do you find fighting Eles fun? 

For me who only plays WvW and usually only on core FA Ele, or rarely FA Weaver or cele tempi, my finding is that most of the tempest players in WvW like to play the cele D/D version and are... well.. not the sharpest tools in the shed, meanwhile the cele iteration of Catalyst still seems to be extremely annoying, having a lot of tankiness, mobility and stability (elongated stabi being the biggest bane of my existence because of the way I play Ele depending on landing my CCs it is pretty self explanatory why I don't like them xD) 

Power Catas are also annoying but marginally better to fight, but that also depends on their weapon choice and skill level relative to yers. 

Power Weaver I almost never encounter outside of duel situations, but dueling them is very fun, fast paced and intense : ) 

Power Tempest and Sword Weaver (cele or power alike) I honestly don't know, don't see them too much anymore, although there is this FA tempest guy on our server who likes to spawncamp everyone like a maniac D

Edited by Codename T.2847

Ele vs ele is fun you don't have to deal with any thing that is deceive no stealth no perma stuns no boon strips no for the most part 3k condi ticks no perma any thing realy. The only bad thing is the one shot if your also playing an glass caion build but that is dodgable and there no way for the ele to hid what its about to do.

Some ppl like boxing fights and not well what ever other classes are doing where you simply lose the ability to fight back be it though stealth condis and cc or the simple run away and or stay at range. (Most classes are not dueling they are simple running an gimike to make it so you cant play.)

I personally enjoy playing sword/dagger weaver, the toolkit is just really fun for roaming. The only build I dislike fighting is catalyst, like I just straight up refuse the fight if I find a 1v1 situation because even though I may win it is, like a few other builds right now, just plain unfun to fight. It just feels like straight up work like you're trying to chip away at block of stone that's constantly trying to rebuild itself and slide away from you. Like I don't fault people that play it and it does take skill but I've just got better things to do with my time then smash my head against it. Tempest is a mixed bag, many seem to struggle if they get singled out in group fights and plenty of solo's are clearly still learning to play it well (my own attempts are pretty pitiful) but man when I find those good players they shut me down hard. Overall I'm sympathetic when ele's are in a strong spot like with cata because it does take a lot of brainpower sometimes and they're like an easily bruised fruit when it comes to balance.

I played a bit of everything for roaming with elem, less catalyst despite I find it truly superior to weaver and tempest, and sadly celestial is not just "kitten/lazyness"  but optimal for an average level and for most of situations. You need BD to loop fury, to stack might because you have low duration and not so many sources, you need some CD too because of how synergies work with elem even power ... Equip Celestial armor or some accessoeries can actually increase dps depending of your build. 
Others sets less bulky work too, dueling, zerg/raids, but for roaming it is highly risky, you can just be OHKO by any thief, rev ...

Celestial elem versus celestial elem is just boring af, it also shows how catalyst is superior on almost all facets, but at least it is more manageable than versus celestial harbinger or whatever.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

I do like fighting them and I hate fighting them likewise.

I like fighting them because it's one of those professions where I notice a huge difference between an experienced player with a certain level of knowledge about this game and those that only picked that profession because they'd like to play a mage.

And I hate fighting them because if I get defeated, I can't blame it on the class and I have to admit that I'm not as good as I hoped to be. 😆 

I play sword/dagger celestial weaver,  mostly because I don't want to be bothered playing anything else.  I alternate between Fire/Arcane and Water/Air sword builds, with both having certain advantages and disadvantages.  That all said, my favorite opponent to duel in WvW is another sword weaver. It's like a dance and a firework show are all combined into one.

The only problem I encounter sometimes is infinite fights.  The darned thing about cele ele is that we frequently lack the offensive power to defeat another cele ele of sufficient skill.  Aside from those circumstances, I have no real complaints that can't be extended any other profession.