Fair and Balanced Teef Tradeoffs

7 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Everyone knows teef needs tradeoffs to balance their OPness.

Daredevil should have -50% stealth duration.

Deadeye should take 50% more damage from condis.

Spectre should have -25% movespeed.

Or just nerf stealth.

Thanks god you're not in team balance bro, you would be fired instantly for deep incompetence.

You know nothing John Snow.

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Thief isn't op, just annoying.

You can compare it with a mosquito in your bedroom at night, when you put on the light it's nowhere to be seen while you're waiting to slap it. You take of your guard and light off and bzzzzzzzzz... . So you lure them to you, that they think they're safe with light(lure) on 1 place and then slap. And the mosquito (thief) is dead. So the trick is get enough fast kill potential while you can lure them out at the right timing 🤲🦟👏

• Like 5

Does anybody of any significant rank actually have issues playing against thieves and/or stealth?

Post your rank before I take any more of these threads seriously. 

EDIT: Just saw your name, didn't you play DH tonight on EU servers?

Edited by Marckan.9526
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Marckan.9526 said:

Does anybody of any significant rank actually have issues playing against thieves and/or stealth?

Post your rank before I take any more of these threads seriously. 

EDIT: Just saw your name, didn't you play DH tonight on EU servers?

no, i only play core staff ele

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Stuff that won't happen

That's wild

Better question to no-one in particular, but just general thief resentment:

Why do people play games for years, encounter a class they have a personal weakness fighting but that can be killed with the right strategy, then ask for that class to be made functionally useless instead of reaching the conclusion that they need a pocket counter/counterstrategy or, if the offense is grievous enough, leaving themselves? 

It would cost Anet more money to make thief unable to be played competitively in the game, than it would to let a couple dozen people who are adamant about not learning mechanics and strategy figure it out.

If raiders can grind CM Cerus, y'all can learn to count to three and move your camera around. It's annoying to fight a thief that's played for years, but so are like 90% of your builds so- .

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

My brother in Christ, I love you and respect you, but this is class bias talking.

I know. 

But I'm right. 

Remember that Anet backtracked on "mes shouldn't be able to play the game". Why would that be a suitable balancing direction for thief?

I'm biased sure, but every class needs to be able to play and be beaten. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I know. 

But I'm right. 

Remember that Anet backtracked on "mes shouldn't be able to play the game". Why would that be a suitable balancing direction for thief?

I'm biased sure, but every class needs to be able to play and be beaten. 

Well this is a troll thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Well this is a troll thread

Also true. That's why I said

Better question to no-one in particular, but just general thief resentment:

Just because it's a troll thread doesn't mean I have to. Some people would love thief balanced like OP suggested because they're tired of getting +d on point or not catching a deadeye, though.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Why do people play games for years, encounter a class they have a personal weakness fighting but that can be killed with the right strategy, then ask for that class to be made functionally useless instead of reaching the conclusion that they need a pocket counter/counterstrategy or, if the offense is grievous enough, leaving themselves? 

Because playing bunker garbage that bores the teef to death isnt fun

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Because playing bunker garbage that bores the teef to death isnt fun

but how do your suggestions make it fun to fight a thief?
or do you just throw out suggestions that you think make thief so bad that you wont see any of them anymore?

1 minute ago, bq pd.2148 said:

but how do your suggestions make it fun to fight a thief?

I'll get confused reacted to death for saying this, but specter has been the most fair thief spec to fight and I never felt cheated when I died against a specter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I'll get confused reacted to death for saying this, but specter has been the most fair thief spec to fight and I never felt cheated when I died against a specter.

that is because specter is allowed to trade more blows. yet the nerf requests usually dont want to buff that side of the thief, that would change the gameplay of it.

• Like 1

The problem with Thief is the amount of stealth they're allowed, Black Powder, and Cloak and Dagger pretty much give perma stealth to most strike dmg thieves.

Then when you add the cantrips and rifle roll for Deadeye and not only can they stay stealthed but they can also blow a ton of stealths offensively and still save some to escape.

Then add in Relic of the Unseen and now you have a perma stealth ambusher that can reposition like crazy. It was a really dumb idea.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Yeah that seems like a good idea

Yeah I'm sure people think this unironically. 

More rambling:

There will never be a thief balance that is complaint free short of removing the class from the game. one played decently is always going to be annoying, and while I would concede annoying playstyles is a problem, I find no small amount of people are willing to build annoying on whatever profession they are able for reasons that don't concern thief at all.

I'm constantly eager to hear what people propose instead of [the thief mehanic they currently find annoying here], but almost all of the time it just turns out to be [remove this feature] and active contempt for the idea that doing so would make thieves competitively unplayable, as if a permanently visible thief would just somehow work out and not eventually lead to the mitigation or damage of their preferred classes also changing based on how thief fares in the meta. 

If thief should be lower stealth, what do you propose be their mitigation instead when they're not stealthed? Do you want more blocks, blinds, evades? Teleports? Mobility?  Do you want protection, invulns? How should they get access to their stealth skills now?

21 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

that is because specter is allowed to trade more blows. yet the nerf requests usually dont want to buff that side of the thief, that would change the gameplay of it.

We used to be able to trade on daredevil staff, and the outcry was so ravenous staff still hasnt recovered despite being reworked.

I've accepted that I'll get hate mail after winning sides as a hard to target gremlin, but if you want me to relearn my kit to coddle the feelings of people who just don't want me to play my profession, the replacement also needs to work.

Also I shouldn't have to relearn my kit to coddle the feelings of people who want me to not play my profession, but whatevs, I'm nothing if not flexible.  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

remove those toxic mechanics

like for real

thief being making games unfun since 2012, and thief arent fun to play either, cheese gets boring and repetitive fast.

these mechanics are ruining the game.

put heavy CD on stuff like stealth and teleport

just buff their HP defense or healings

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Pssst…it’s the initiative mechanic that enables stealth spam.

I don't think the devs will rework every thief trait and skill in the game because a couple of people stay catching Ls despite everything. 

Whether it is stealth or this, neither is worth the overhaul when a single reveal skill instant wins the matchup. 

And if they do put cooldowns on everything, expect the damage or mitigation to change as a result just like with potential stealth rebalancing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't think the devs will rework every thief trait and skill in the game because a couple of people stay catching Ls despite everything. 

Whether it is stealth or this, neither is worth the overhaul when a single reveal skill instant wins the matchup. 

And if they do put cooldowns on everything, expect the damage or mitigation to change as a result just like with potential stealth rebalancing.

Agree. Not worth changing