servers

Was looking at a list of guilds and many are on different servers then i am, so wondering if i choose a guild and then log on to their server, it won't wiper out all my story Journals and stuff like that?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Was looking at a list of guilds and many are on different servers then i am, so wondering if i choose a guild and then log on to their server, it won't wiper out all my story Journals and stuff like that?

Wont wipe anything on your end you wont be able to play with your old servers wvw buddies you might have tho.

Wont change anything pve if your still on the same server cluster europ or usa.

Edit

Do note that their server might be full and you cant get in tho.

And the old delete all characters and switch servers for free dont work anymore.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

Just to be absolutely clear (because it might save you some money): you only need to transfer servers to join a guild if you're going to play WvW with them. For everything in PvE and sPvP servers don't matter, the only important thing is whether you're in the same region (NA or EU).

Changing servers won't change anything else about your account, all your characters, items etc. will move all together (you can't have characters on different servers) and all their progress will be kept, the only thing which changes at all is who you play WvW with.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Just to be absolutely clear (because it might save you some money): you only need to transfer servers to join a guild if you're going to play WvW with them. For everything in PvE and sPvP servers don't matter, the only important thing is whether you're in the same region (NA or EU).

Changing servers won't change anything else about your account, all your characters, items etc. will move all together (you can't have characters on different servers) and all their progress will be kept, the only thing which changes at all is who you play WvW with.

Thanks didn't transfer to a guild only matter for WvW!   Also i see if you do decide to transfer you may be inaccessible to your account for a short period of time Plus if you want to transfer back or somewhere else you can't for 7 DAY!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Thanks didn't transfer to a guild only matter for WvW!   Also i see if you do decide to transfer you may be inaccessible to your account for a short period of time Plus if you want to transfer back or somewhere else you can't for 7 DAY!!!

I think you are still not understanding how servers work here. Let's try again:

1. the ENTIRE pve system works off of a mega server system. The server you chose makes NO difference. The only important factor here is REGION. NA can't play with EU and vice versa.

2. servers are ONLY important for WvW matchmaking. If you transfer, you will be able to play for your server in WvW immediately, but you will be locked out of getting pips for the reward track for 1 full match-up. WvW match-ups reset on Fridays. That's minimum 7 days, if you transfer before the reset, and up to 14 if you transfer right after the reset.

I am unsure where you read about not being able to transfer back and forth. The penalty to WvW pips will reset each time though.

TL;DR:

Servers do NOT matter for PvE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1