Story achievement badges?

So i'm unsure what these are called, but they're the Yellow badges that show on one of the bars when your in a story/mission, that have achievements that you haven't unlocked/completed yet. It used to be that you hovered over that and it gave a description of the task. The last couple of days i've been playing there has been no description at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

If you mean this icon: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/10/Achievement_effect.png

Without knowing which you've seen vs. which you are talking about now, I cannot say for certain. But many don't have mouse-over descriptions when in your buff/boons/debuffs bar and are mostly for tracking eligibility (e.g., time remaining, number of tasks or kills). IMO, you are better off doing a "/wiki <achievement name>" or checking your achievement panel for the actual descriptions and related information.

Edited by synk.6907
  • Like 3

Unless they have changed, most of the older content just list the name of the achievement that you are still eligible for. Future content was a bit more descriptive telling you the requirements for the achievement so you didn't have to look them up. IIRC it was EoD or PoF content that is when I noticed the switch over when I did the story missions my first time through.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Unless they have changed, most of the older content just list the name of the achievement that you are still eligible for. Future content was a bit more descriptive telling you the requirements for the achievement so you didn't have to look them up. IIRC it was EoD or PoF content that is when I noticed the switch over when I did the story missions my first time through.

Ahhhh, okay, yes thats probably it, I was going through some older storylines, so it makes more sense now. I would have never noticed them when I went through originally being a lot newer player and all. Thank you!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, synk.6907 said:

If you mean this icon: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/10/Achievement_effect.png

Without knowing which you've seen vs. which you are talking about now, I cannot say for certain. But many don't have mouse-over descriptions when in your buff/boons/debuffs bar and are mostly for tracking eligibility (e.g., time remaining, number of tasks or kills). IMO, you are better off doing a "/wiki <achievement name>" or checking your achievement panel for the actual descriptions and related information.

Yes, thats it! The achievement effect. I did try to find the name of it. Thanks 😄

• Like 1