Bladesworn needs an overhaul

Zekent.3652

1. Alacrity generation should've been given to spellbreaker instead.
  2. Not being able to use the normal F1 burst is annoying and limits a lot of builds and weapons.
  3. Not being able to do a core weapon swap is an unnecessary tradeoff.
  4. Should've been more "flashy" or "assassin-like" for PvP, and not a selfheal green numbers generator tanky bot.
  5. Being able to move while casting DT should've have been a thing years ago.
  6. Being able to stow or at least cancel the gunsaber animations should be a thing, it's possible but there's no stow animation and you need to use the ESC key and not a different key, which is really annoying.
  7. Pistol should've been ranged. (if ANet gives another melee pistol to warrior, i'll implode lol)

And i don't know what else, have a good day.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

What are you talking about pistol being ranged? Why would they make a mid ranged mainhand weapon that fills a niche Warrior currently doesn’t have occupied when they could make a melee offhand that competes with some of the best off hand options in the game and is a crowded design space?

Random thought;

what if Bladesworn had been a gunslinger type spec instead that locked Warrior’s second slot into pistols (only pistols can be equipped). Then instead of dragon slash, the Warrior enters a stance like a cowboy about to draw in a duel, and then fires off the number of shots that get charged up? 

Edited by oscuro.9720

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

What are you talking about pistol being ranged? Why would they make a mid ranged mainhand weapon that fills a niche Warrior currently doesn’t have occupied when they could make a melee offhand that competes with some of the best off hand options in the game and is a crowded design space?

Random thought;

what if Bladesworn had been a gunslinger type spec instead that locked Warrior’s second slot into pistols (only pistols can be equipped). Then instead of dragon slash, the Warrior enters a stance like a cowboy about to draw in a duel, and then fires off the number of shots that get charged up? 

Gunslinger. 

Monk. 

Heavy weapons guy. 

Anything would have been better then a third melee power dps spec. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Gunslinger. 

Monk. 

Heavy weapons guy. 

Anything would have been better than a third melee power dps spec. 

Hey! They put a mid range projectile on gunsaber, what are you talking about?! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 2:22 AM, Zekent.3652 said:
  1. Alacrity generation should've been given to spellbreaker instead.
  2. Not being able to use the normal F1 burst is annoying and limits a lot of builds and weapons.
  3. Not being able to do a core weapon swap is an unnecessary tradeoff.
  4. Should've been more "flashy" or "assassin-like" for PvP, and not a selfheal green numbers generator tanky bot.
  5. Being able to move while casting DT should've have been a thing years ago.
  6. Being able to stow or at least cancel the gunsaber animations should be a thing, it's possible but there's no stow animation and you need to use the ESC key and not a different key, which is really annoying.
  7. Pistol should've been ranged. (if ANet gives another melee pistol to warrior, i'll implode lol)

And i don't know what else, have a good day.

I feel you on point #7. As for point #3, I suppose they didn't want warrior to 'technically' have 3 weapon sets in combat, so that's why it's like engineer and elementalist. funny how each weight class cannot swap weapons in combat.  being rooted in DT hurts so much so it's like saying "I'm a sitting duck!"