Warhorn Fire & Earth 5

Valeri.7041

The elementalist's warhorn skills earth & fire 5 (dust storm & wildfire) feel very unrewarding to use. First of all they are very slow, both in the sense of being casted, as well as reaching their maximum range. In addition, they can be hard to land on moving targets, they are easily avoidable (especially in PvP) and offer very little damage. Paired with their long cooldowns, they are not impactful abilities whatsoever, especially compared with the water & air 5 (Tidal Surge % Cyclone). In my opinion, they need to be either buffed or reworked (for instance, Wildfire could reach its maximum range in 2 seconds instead of 4, and Dust Storm could become a combo field, as well as get a clearly visible area indicator, to better help players see it's range, just like Wildfire).

Dust storm and tempest earth overload should be poison fields seeing how cata earth f5 is one.

They are zone control skills they are made to be long lasting and some what low impact.

I would say the water WH skills needs major updates at the very least an real trait free clear skill like we see on dagger off hand. Also the water field should not count as an projectile much like lighting orb dose not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

fire 4 is also crap, at least let it be blast finisher with some boom dmg.

and yes all 5 skills are slow, they should increase its speed.

I am hoping next xpansion with longbow, or some offhand sword , axe or mace dps combo while making it with good survival options. 

Edited by Ragnarox.9601
  • Like 1

Personally I think warhorn should lose much more of it's dps focus and just stick to mostly support like it was originally intended. Currently it's the best in all 3 areas of support, power dmg and condi dmg for pve. Kinda sick of using it, makes me wish even more that pistol was offhand to pair with scepter so at least condi would have a different option.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, Valeri.7041 said:

Totally agreed, although poison is not included in ele's kit, I think keeping the bleed is more suitable for condition dmg

They will not add in an earth field and they are not giving ele an smoke field and they have given ele an poison field in earth for cata. Its not good for the ele class to have pAoE that have no field tide to them it comply different of what the ele class is about. More so now with blast added healing from there arcane heal.