Jump to content
  • Sign Up

So how does somebody use mesmer skills in Inferno Hound's form?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Which skills?  It's probably some trait proc-ing, which potentially sounds like a bug.

This doesn't seem normal. He's also literally erased two rangers in seconds a couple moments before this video, and it's the third time I sent this guy wherever he went to after dropping to 0% hp.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

This doesn't seem normal. He's also literally erased two rangers in seconds a couple moments before this video, and it's the third time I sent this guy wherever he went to after dropping to 0% hp.

No, that's not normal.  I agree.  Haven't seen that one yet myself either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

*insert X-Files theme*

I was going to go with Hound skill 3, smoke form,  personally and since the camera was facing the wrong direction with the screen effects already from the attack animations its hard to see the mist-form. But since they hadn't used the skill in the short it would have been available and they should have hit it before that to get away from the burst attack. So hitting it at 5% health would be what I would be doing and getting around the corner in the direction they were moving wouldn't be underheard of. Have used the inferno eggs on a number of classes and have never seen that still had access to the skills outside of the ones grated by the transformation.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just fought a necro who kept...not sure what to call it.  It looked like they stealthed, but their character didn't vanish completely.  They kind of glitched, and reappeared almost in the identical spot they were a fraction of a second earlier.  BUT, every time that happened, they were a different spec.  So, reaper, clearly reaper, doing reaper things, .1 second "glitch" and now they are a harbinger.  I'm guessing they are just teleporting to their spawn to quickly change builds, but /shrug.  Gonna try and get a video of it now that I've seen it twice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

This doesn't seem normal. He's also literally erased two rangers in seconds a couple moments before this video, and it's the third time I sent this guy wherever he went to after dropping to 0% hp.

I do love that they just teleport to their spawn so they don't die though.  Nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

What are we talking around the 31-32 second mark?

No. I'm referring to the weapon skills being used.  How is a clone or illusion being created?  Why is there what looks like a focus line appearing?  Some kind of exploit to gain that while using that transform.  On the buff bar is also one of the gobbler effects. 

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Both in same guild and plat vets?

Not exactly a so rare occurrence, truth can be stranger than fiction.

I know a few parties going around roaming that have similar ranks, especially couples who started at the same time and always play together.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Grave.5683 said:

The answer is it doesn't,there is a Mesmer underneath the platform casting temp curtain on the ceiling and possibly rifle portal too.

what about the greatsword in the dogs paw?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

what about the greatsword in the dogs paw?

Facts, who needs facts right.  Their friend is clearly under the platform running that sword/focus, greatsword AND rifle build everyone is running. Not to mention that taking the rifle portal doesn't stealth you and the range is so short he would still have had the enemy targeted.  It's "possible" that this could be a bug with the dog AND legitimate gameplay...but almost certainly not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Grave.5683 said:

Not exactly a so rare occurrence, truth can be stranger than fiction.

I know a few parties going around roaming that have similar ranks, especially couples who started at the same time and always play together.

Yes, that's something than is within the realm of possibility.  Where is this 2nd same rank/guild mesmer in the video though popping the illusion?

Everyone can see at the start of the video that there's a guildless RoF bronze scout below and a few other RoF players repping different guilds that move further to the west.  As the OP runs up the ramp, it's visible by the yaks that there are no other uwu guilded players.  When the OP turns the camera as they engage the hot flaming doggo, one can see there is no one directly underneath, only a ranger's pet nearby.  Keep in mind how close a mesmer would have to be underneath for their curtain line from below...

Nice idea, but the video doesn't show your idea to be happening in it.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yes, that's something than is within the realm of possibility.  Where is this 2nd same rank/guild mesmer in the video though?

Everyone can see at the start of the video that there's a guildless RoF bronze scout below and a few other RoF players repping different guilds that move further to the west.  As the OP runs up the ramp, it's visible by the yaks that there are no other uwu guilded players.  When the OP turns the camera as they engage the hot flaming doggo, one can see there is no one directly underneath, only a ranger's pet nearby.

Stealth exists,graphical glitches exist and people unaware of their surroundings exist.

Magic hack that gives Mesmer skills to a class that doesn't have them does not exist yet as much as I wish it would.

Il give it another pass on a bigger screen later ,but this doesn't have any magic as far what I saw.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

what about the greatsword in the dogs paw?

Graphics glitch?

Maybe the dog wasn't a dog anymore because the user canceled the transform and sometimes there is a delay on loading up the character model,especially if a mass of people waypointed within the visual range

Will give it another check later on a bigger screen,at the time of the post I saw it through phone.

Edit:There are people fighting below and west of the camp,and this seems like typical rubber banding problems.

Tends to happen more often near a spawn/waypoint when people massively waypoint In.

Is the guy legit? Most likely yeah.

I had occasions where ISP got a bottleneck somewhere and my character ended up zipping around and throwing skills in odd spots and seen graphic glitches on my character through another person screen.

But hey if he is pulling this consistently then just right click and report.

Edited by Grave.5683
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grave.5683 said:

Graphics glitch?

Maybe the dog wasn't a dog anymore because the user canceled the transform and sometimes there is a delay on loading up the character model,especially if a mass of people waypointed within the visual range

Will give it another check later on a bigger screen,at the time of the post I saw it through phone.

Edit:There are people fighting below and west of the camp,and this seems like typical rubber banding problems.

Tends to happen more often near a spawn/waypoint when people massively waypoint In.

Is the guy legit? Most likely yeah.

I had occasions where ISP got a bottleneck somewhere and my character ended up zipping around and throwing skills in odd spots and seen graphic glitches on my character through another person screen.

But hey if he is pulling this consistently then just right click and report.

Man, you really are trying hard to twist out and justify it somehow not going to lie.

It's been happening for around an hour. A bunch of people spoke about him in team chat and it's not the first time I encountered him on that border. I booted up OBS just to record him as a matter of fact. He's also used https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Leap  on two downstated rangers before this.

It is absolutely baffling that you've completely ignored the fact that he simply dissappeared after his hp reached 0% too.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...