Heal quickness Berserker Suggestion

NichtNoel.4672

So basically I was trying out Heal quickness berserker and all is good with this playstyle so far. Aside from stability... you got almost no stability share and the banner for stability only give stability once.

Stability is such an important boon for fractals and raids you cant use heal berserker in fractals because you got none to share. 

So why not make Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet shareable stability, or make the Tactics Banner better? the boons it gives are useless, applying stability once with only 1 stack, then after that resistance . It really get annoying only playing Mechanist or Heal Firebrand because only they got the things you need. 

Edited by NichtNoel.4672
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

BoT could pulse stability and provide bulk resistance up front while keeping the current functionality for PvP/WvW.

Another option within Tactics (the traitline this time) would be to decouple Martial Cadence from the Marching Orders CD. Let MC give 1 stack of stability for 3s for each tier of burst used in PvE.

• Like 3

Ok I'm gonna have to say "Hold it, partner" right here.
Banner of Tactics is literal diamonds in spvp, and changing it would seriously damage warrior support in that game mode.

Also small reminder we have Shake it off for instant, wide area stunbreak with 2 ammo charges.
And there's the poor man's stab from Martial Cadence in PvE, which now thanks to staff can be slotted without losing ability to heal others.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Ok I'm gonna have to say "Hold it, partner" right here.
Banner of Tactics is literal diamonds in spvp, and changing it would seriously damage warrior support in that game mode.

Also small reminder we have Shake it off for instant, wide area stunbreak with 2 ammo charges.
And there's the poor man's stab from Martial Cadence in PvE, which now thanks to staff can be slotted without losing ability to heal others.

Splits for game modes exists for reasons.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

That would definitely have to be the case. Resistance on drop + pulsing stab would be utter trash in spvp.

Yes, but top tier for PvE. Martial Cadence really should be decoupled from Marching Orders though. I think that is probably one of the more important avenues to take as far as stability access in PvE.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes, but top tier for PvE. Martial Cadence though really should be decoupled from Marching Orders though. I think that is probably one of the more important avenues to take as far as stability access in PvE.

True. Warrior is not supposed to be holding off on his burst, and even more tragic would be staff burst.
Do i not heal to have stab ready, or do I heal but team will be stabless in few seconds..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Marching Orders now applies aoe might on burst. No icd. 

Empowered Allies doubles the might stacks of Marching Orders. 

Soldiers Comfort adds aoe healing. 

Tier it based on adrenaline used, and don't forget the protection!

Martial cadance adds Stab. 

Also tier it based on adrenaline.

Easy. 

peasy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

peasy.

Always trust in Lan. 

Praised be his balance change ideas. 

May the gods hear his call! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Always trust in Lan. 

I think some people would disagree with you, but I appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Praised be his balance change ideas. 

May the gods hear his call! 

I'll elaborate on those specific ones for those that didn't catch why. The support from Tactics relies on Marching Orders, which has a 10s interval. That puts a useless buff on the buff bar, using a burst consumes the buff and activates certain traits within Tactics. That means we're looking at our buff bar for a tiny icon to know when certain support options are available. Not a good thing. Removing the interval from Marching Orders streamlines things and makes the core of Tactic's support capabilities more robust. The issue arises when you have an Axe Berserker spamming Decapitate and a Spellbreaker chaining F1s with F2s. That can get out of line real quick.

So, removing the CD from Marching Orders is great, but things like Soldier's Comfort would need to be reworked like this:

T1: Heal for 500 HP, 1.0 scaling. Grant 2s of Protection. Low base, high scaling to force stat investment. Protection could be upkept with low investment on a Berserker, but also forces BD% on others.
T2: Heal for 1000 HP, 1.25 scaling, Grant 4s of Protection.
T3: Heal for 1500 HP, 1.5 Scaling, Grant 6s of Protection. 

Keep in mind, this would be more for the none staff weapon set to maintain healing output until weapon swap comes available again. This could be reduced if Staff is equipped, like how they handled Decapitate within the Berserker traitline. Further splits for PvP/WvW can also happen, but I think from the base healing numbers, not the scalings.

Martial Cadance could be 1 stack of stability for 3s per tier of adrenaline spent. With high boon duration, Fast Hands, and good adrenaline upkeep this should be able to perma upkeep stability for the party in PvE. The PvP/WvW version still grants quickness though. Personally, I'd like to see the WvW version apply stability, but at a lesser duration. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I would simply make [Eternal Champion] give stab to allies instead of just yourself. 

Outside of some relatively big rework to martial cadence + soldiers focus, of course.

I tip my hat to you sir and as you can see, I've a lot of hat to tip 😉

Tying stab to a reactive action (leaving berserk mode via this trait) is definitely a great idea.
Stab on berserk entry - less so.

So I propose we do it like this:
1. Entering Berserk with Eternal Champions works the same way as now (self benefits only).
2. Leaving Berserk manually spreads it's benefits to allies as well (stab, 20 endurance).
3. If berserk mode expires on it's own - once again you only get self-benefits like now.

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

I tip my hat to you sir and as you can see, I've a lot of hat to tip 😉

Tying stab to a reactive action (leaving berserk mode via this trait) is definitely a great idea.
Stab on berserk entry - less so.

So I propose we do it like this:
1. Entering Berserk with Eternal Champions works the same way as now (self benefits only).
2. Leaving Berserk manually spreads it's benefits to allies as well (stab, 20 endurance).
3. If berserk mode expires on it's own - once again you only get self-benefits like now.

Sprinkling some passive stab generation into the build isn't bad.

But considering the use cases of stab, I'd prefer to see it sourced from areas that aren't routine. I don't want to be in a situation where I need to delay berserk or exit early in order to apply stab.

Berserk and bursts are things we need to do regularly. I think adding stab to warhorn, or reviewing current utility skill sources of stab, would be a better direction.

Though I guess it depends on your expectations. If the expectation is that we maintain stab on the group at all times, then yes, I like your idea.

7 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Marching Orders now applies aoe might on burst. No icd. 

Empowered Allies doubles the might stacks of Marching Orders. 

Soldiers Comfort adds aoe healing. 

Martial cadance adds Stab. 

Easy. 

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

peasy.

Let's not forget to remove the passive particle effects that come from the trait line.

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Removing Marching Order's ICD means that the buff is no longer needed, so the particle effect is no longer needed.

Just because it wouldn't be needed anymore doesn't mean they do the logical step of removing it without being reminded of it.

• Thanks 1