Two QoL upgrades that would make this my go to game

Mordalus.8146

Fixing visual clutter. ESO can do it. Why can’t Anet? I can never see telegraphs through all the noise.

A sigil/rune wallet that allows swapping on demand. It makes no sense to have stat swapping on legendaries with no ability to swaps runes/sigils.

If they made these two upgrades, I’d drop ESO in a heartbeat since the combat and art direction here are superior. But it’s been years and still nothing.

You can swap runes on legendary armour - you just need the rune. I don't know about you but I have maybe two different builds that I swap regularly between. The lack of a drop down for runes is not really noticeable imo.

With regards to weapons - yea it doesn't make much sense that we can't change sigils like we can change runes. They have said that there is some technical issue that is preventing them from implementing but still.

Sigil and Rune should be it's own equipment slot, so you don't need to tie it to gear with stats that constantly needs to be swapped around. It is just a bothersome annoying gold sink design.

Alternatively remove stats from weapons/armor (tie it to only trinkets instead), so armor/weapon is skin + sigil/rune only. Make it much easier to deal with constantly changing stats, play styles, etc.

And the lack of an option to remove other players sfx is.... just dumb.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Alternatively remove stats from weapons/armor (tie it to only trinkets instead), so armor/weapon is skin + sigil/rune only. Make it much easier to deal with constantly changing stats, play styles, etc.

So, make the entire game like sPvP? No thanks. In my opinion that would make a pretty boring game. It's fine for that mode, but not for the everything.

Although I don't have any legendaries yet, I do think sigils should convert like runes do on armor. It just makes sense.

To me leggies should be easier to deal with.I would like to have a different sigil swap, because the actual one ( and i mean the one that will come, like for legendary armors ) is not that handy.

A solution would be to create a LEGENDARY SIGIL with all the existent ones ( or maybe some of them. Multiple recipes through MF could help in taking alive the market ), in order to have the possibility to swap sigil without doubleclick on new runes everytime.

@Odinens.5920 said:Crap, can't edit. Was talking about your visual; clutter request.

For future note, there is a gear icon in the upper right of your posts that allow you to edit it. As you are Member rank, you do not have a time restriction on your editing ability (1 star Recruit has a 4 hour window from posting to edit, 2 star Member has no restriction).

As for the thread topic, I support the request for and highly desire both options. I feel they should both be higher priority than what they have been.

@Odinens.5920 said:

@Mordalus.8146 said:

A sigil/rune wallet that allows swapping on demand. It makes no sense to have stat swapping on legendaries with no ability to swaps runes/sigils.

Uncheck the "Effect LOD" box in the graphics tab of the settings screen. Is that what you are talking about?

That option does very, very little to stifle the absurd levels of flash this game's combat produces. It seems ANet either cannot, or will not, offer an option to give players control of how much -- or how little -- of the visual crapstorm produced by the game's combat they see. It's really too bad.

@Odinens.5920 said:Crap, can't edit. Was talking about your visual; clutter request.

Tried that. Still can’t see through the clutter. It’s fine with three or less people. Add more and forget it. In ESO, you can turn off the spell effects from other peolple except for those that have synergy. That works so well. I can clearly see the telegraphs. This game is just guessing when to dodge and spamming invulnerable when they’re off CD. Love the combat. Hate the fact that I can’t see.

@Odinens.5920 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

So, make the entire game like sPvP? No thanks. In my opinion that would make a pretty boring game. It's fine for that mode, but not for the everything.

Although I don't have any legendaries yet, I do think sigils should convert like runes do on armor. It just makes sense.

Well, if you can equip 6 different trinkets with different stats in PVP then be my guest. I for one have not figured out how to do that yet.

But honestly, having stats divided around on every single item, does nothing but create more gold sinks (things that needs to be changed around if you want to change build, runes, sigils, trying out another style etc). Moving stats to trinkets (6) would end up being a major QoL update for most players, simply because they would only need to swap the trinkets to try completely different stats (say from zerk to a condi or support build).

More stats for the sake of having more stats, is complexity without depth.

I'm guessing that the visual clutter affects melee combat more as I don't have a problem with it from a ranged position...and I just don't worry about it when in melee range...I use my health bar to see if anything that isn't visible is affecting my character, that's what tells me to dodge when in melee range.

@Zaklex.6308 said:I'm guessing that the visual clutter affects melee combat more as I don't have a problem with it from a ranged position...and I just don't worry about it when in melee range...I use my health bar to see if anything that isn't visible is affecting my character, that's what tells me to dodge when in melee range.

Yes is much worse to deal with in melee combat. Ranged is much more forgiving but you still can’t see the big tells no matter where you stand.

@joneirikb.7506 said:Sigil and Rune should be it's own equipment slot, so you don't need to tie it to gear with stats that constantly needs to be swapped around. It is just a bothersome annoying gold sink design.

I would just like to point out that gold sinks are very important in an mmorpg to stop hyperinflation of the economy. This game already has very few gold sinks as it is so taking out the ones we do have like runes and sigils could have disasterous effects on the game economy. You could log in one day to find all your money is absolutely worthless.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:Sigil and Rune should be it's own equipment slot, so you don't need to tie it to gear with stats that constantly needs to be swapped around. It is just a bothersome annoying gold sink design.

I would just like to point out that gold sinks are very important in an mmorpg to stop hyperinflation of the economy. This game already has very few gold sinks as it is so taking out the ones we do have like runes and sigils could have disasterous effects on the game economy. You could log in one day to find all your money is absolutely worthless.

You could add a cost to swapping that would pay for th convenience. I’d pay if it was reasonably priced. I’d love to try other builds but the cost and inconvenience is prohibitive. This is a game, not a career.

Archived