Always traitlines

I wish you would just stop messing with the traitlines.

I have about 34 characters, and every single time you change something, i gotta go through all 34 characters X3 build templates in order to change traitlines to something more suitable or i like more.

I'm not happy at all about the arcane spec changes on eles.

I'm really not happy.

I understand the game needs balance, but there's gotta be another way, other than change traitlines, everytime there's an update.

I'm really not in a freaking mood to go through all of my 34 characters to change all of their specs.

It's very time consuming, and you can't just monopolise people's time like this.

I am so flaming furious, that do not even want to think about touching any of it.

I'm slowly but surely giving up on this game, more and more, everytime.

Oh flipping well, back to play UT and all my delicious mods.

Just added 3 new fun game modes with 3 mere clicks and 30 different characters... and counting.

Guess I'll save the money to buy a car, or brand new TV to play on my PlayStation. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I wish you would just stop messing with the traitlines.

I have about 34 characters, and every single time you change something, i gotta go through all 34 characters X3 build templates in order to change traitlines to something more suitable or i like more.

I'm not happy at all about the arcane spec changes on eles.

I'm really not happy.

I understand the game needs balance, but there's gotta be another way, other than change traitlines, everytime there's an update.

I'm really not in a freaking mood to go through all of my 34 characters to change all of their specs.

It's very time consuming, and you can't just monopolise people's time like this.

I am so flaming furious, that do not even want to think about touching any of it.

I'm slowly but surely giving up on this game, more and more, everytime.

Just added 3 new fun game modes with 3 mere clicks and 30 different characters... and counting.

Guess I'll save the money to buy a car, or brand new TV to play on my PlayStation. 

This is essentially what you're signing yourself up for when you choose to play 34 characters. You can put many on the back burner for the time being if you want, but ultimately if you're swapping around between all 34 of these characters on a regular basis just throughout any given week...you chose that path.

I do not imagine swapping around between 34 different characters is standard practice for the vast majority of the playerbase.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Ultimate Tetris?

I have 50 characters, of which I play 1 at a time as a main and 4-5 others light duty. I won't touch any other's builds until I need to.

1 hour ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

This is essentially what you're signing yourself up for when you choose to play 34 characters. You can put many on the back burner for the time being if you want, but ultimately if you're swapping around between all 34 of these characters on a regular basis just throughout any given week...you chose that path.

I do not imagine swapping around between 34 different characters is standard practice for the vast majority of the playerbase.

@SoulGuardian.6203 is not wrong. The problem is inflated drastically with 34 characters, but even with 3 or 4 builds that you play regularly it gets annoying. I use to write game rules. It's generally more effective to balance a system when you shift smaller, outlier features that are causing target builds to over or under perform rather than upset fundamental components that shape the basis of many, many builds like keystone traits do. I could say more, but @XenesisII.1540 said it better:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I have the opposite sentiment : They should do nothing but make trait changes (more broadly just mechanical changes). Not just any kind of changes though, but things that fix, improve or make more interesting their design. The thing they should stop doing is number changes since that ultimately doesn't change anything. Rather, they keep doing number changes to try and solve their problems, without actually solving the problems (which fundamentally have to deal with how game mechanics work) and it just leads to dead traits and dead builds, and progressively more oppressive, less versatile metagames.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 3

…….I can see why other communities make fun of forum posts. 

Also traitline changes are the only way to spice up builds and playstyles in this game. Whether it’s a good or bad change is up for debate, but only simply changing numbers means you still play the same thing but either better or worse depending on the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

"Looks at Arcane changes" 

Huh. All buffs. And great reworks. 

Neat. 

The arcane spell was the only things that make Staff quite viable. But they change it to be more melee focus, so another nerf on Staff elem

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Thormagor.5418 said:

The arcane spell was the only things that make Staff quite viable. But they change it to be more melee focus, so another nerf on Staff elem

To excuse myself. I forgot none melee gameplay even existed for a moment. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

It's not rocket science.

Sure. But swapping a trait in a build is, objectively, the easiest augmentation you can do as a player.

Much easier than what they did to runes (now runes and relics) or adding new relics or invalidating old ones.

Easier than swapping gear/weapons if you have legendary (and MUCH MUCH easier than swapping gear if you're like me and mostly use ascended gear).

You didn't address that part of my post about needing to swap traits not being a big deal (it's objectively not, even if you need to do it [n] amount of times; where n = however many characters, traitlines, build templets you want to change). Changes in traits are the easiest to adapt to because there will only ever be 3 usable trait lines at a time with 3 potential choosable tiers that only ever have 3 choices in each of those tiers. It's literally just a couple of clicks.

Your opposition makes no sense because you're barring other players from getting something because of the busy work you've assigned yourself. That's just unreasonable.

That said, if I were ever proposing a solution that *might* help you (but it's really to help me), maybe some "Account mode" that lets you tinker with all characters at once without needing to log into them, so I can move around items and stuff in everyone's inventory as well as change their equipment and builds to speed up the process a bit. Just the act of logging in and then out to get to the next character only to shuffle the order and me forgetting which character I need to go to next can cause a few seconds of delay as I try to think what to do next.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Leo G.4501 said:

You didn't address that part of my post about needing to swap traits not being a big deal (it's objectively not, even if you need to do it [n] amount of times; where n = however many characters, traitlines, build templets you want to change). Changes in traits are the easiest to adapt to because there will only ever be 3 usable trait lines at a time with 3 potential choosable tiers that only ever have 3 choices in each of those tiers. It's literally just a couple of clicks.

Let's make something clear. It's usually not a big deal when they tweak a trait or make an adjustment to a feature that only affects your stats or even buff an underperforming trait hardly anybody uses to give you more options. The latter is usually welcome, and the others are manageable as you suggest. No problem there. The problem is that the balance team regularly reworks key traits that help form the basis of builds, or at least a feature that provides a useful tool for that build.

I main firebrand, so I can give you an example for my build. Recently, they reworked Radiant Fire so that it no longer passively pulses burning around you. Now you have to use a torch to get the effect. (This is a big QoL change for torch, so I get it, but there were better ways to do that without giving up the current function, which were suggested to the devs and ignored.) Then not more than a month later, they rework Glacial Heart to no longer apply chill (one of the only ways to get it on a guardian). My build used Glacial Heart to apply chill on opponents and then used Radiant Fire and other tools to help cover that chill. I don't use a torch or a hammer in that build.

There is no replacement for that, and changing out a trait is only the first step. I also have to find another effective source to slow down/chill my opponents and then integrate that new method into my muscle memory. Basically developing and learning a new trick. Sorry I don't have time or desire to do that every 3-6 months. This would be fine if it was something that only happens every few years, but it's been happening on multiple builds I run every few months. And I only run 3-4 characters, not dozens.

Slow the kitten down on reworking traits and spend more time fixing the tons of bugs with the existing traits and features so they work properly!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Let's make something clear. It's usually not a big deal when they tweak a trait or make an adjustment to a feature that only affects your stats or even buff an underperforming trait hardly anybody uses to give you more options. The latter is usually welcome, and the others are manageable as you suggest. No problem there.

I'll just stop you right there.

The only disagreement being brought up at all by me is that changing traits, specifically regarded to the effort involved by the player adjusting to said trait, is minimal. That's it. Barring trait changes because you can't be bothered to click a different set of traits is just unreasonable.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leo G.4501 said:

Sure. But swapping a trait in a build is, objectively, the easiest augmentation you can do as a player.

Much easier than what they did to runes (now runes and relics) or adding new relics or invalidating old ones.

But see, you just contradict yourself here.

When I have to go through 34 characters, it's not just the simple "one click".

Now I've got to check gear, weapons, and relics, and everything else so in order to get it to perform as close as possible as it did 

Eg.

I have 4 elementalists. 

one for dps, one for healing, one for support, and a fourth somewhere in between.

now i have to brainstorm all 4 eles, and think about which elite spec and weapons better suits them for their purpose.

and now i have to decide If i want to change elite specs.

I want to keep weaver as a weaver for a reason. Now, that one simple click I never asked for just messed up my entire character.

Mow there's no uniqueness.

one tiny little change to the traits, and i have days or weeks of mind frock, over "just a tiny little click"

i don't think you realise the magnitude of the issue here.

Easier than swapping gear/weapons if you have legendary (and MUCH MUCH easier than swapping gear if you're like me and mostly use ascended gear).

Well, no.

Unfortunately I do not have legendary gear.

Just a couple of clicks X34 X3 = 

That's a lot of clicking my friend.

Your opposition makes no sense because you're barring other players from getting something because of the busy work you've assigned yourself. That's just unreasonable.

Ask yourself how much profit does buying character slots makes.

Then a possible instant level 80 boost.

Then gear, then weapons, and all that comes with a new character. 

Perhaps a new outfit too, and throw a mount skin in there also.

Not to mention possible hairstyle kit, among other gem store items. 

I don't think ANet can afford to NOT take this seriously.

People get fed up, they stop buying all that.

There goes the second major source of income after xpacs.

That said, if I were ever proposing a solution that *might* help you (but it's really to help me), maybe some "Account mode" that lets you tinker with all characters at once without needing to log into them, so I can move around items and stuff in everyone's inventory as well as change their equipment and builds to speed up the process a bit. Just the act of logging in and then out to get to the next character only to shuffle the order and me forgetting which character I need to go to next can cause a few seconds of delay as I try to think what to do next.

3 presets.

Auto assing with one click.

DPS, Support, Healing.

That's all they need to do.

Easy cake, we're done, home in time for dinner.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

But see, you just contradict yourself here.

When I have to go through 34 characters, it's not just the simple "one click".

Now I've got to check gear, weapons, and relics, and everything else so in order to get it to perform as close as possible as it did 

Eg.

I have 4 elementalists. 

one for dps, one for healing, one for support, and a fourth somewhere in between.

now i have to brainstorm all 4 eles, and think about which elite spec and weapons better suits them for their purpose.

and now i have to decide If i want to change elite specs.

I want to keep weaver as a weaver for a reason. Now, that one simple click I never asked for just messed up my entire character.

Mow there's no uniqueness.

one tiny little change to the traits, and i have days or weeks of mind frock, over "just a tiny little click"

i don't think you realise the magnitude of the issue here.

That's not really a contradiction, that's you broadening your argument. Let me emphasize what you previously said:

"I have about 34 characters, and every single time you change something, i gotta go through all 34 characters X3 build templates in order to change traitlines to something more suitable or i like more."

I'm merely responding to your aversion to needing to change your traitlines to something more suitable or that you like more. I was with you on altering builds that cause people to need to completely rewrite builds. I'd appreciate if you can acknowledge that or at least that needing to change 34 characters is a 1st world-esque issue that doesn't really impact the majority of players.

If you want me to respond to the rest of your post, I can but I think the above is the root of our miscommunication.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

That's not really a contradiction, that's you broadening your argument. Let me emphasize what you previously said:

"I have about 34 characters, and every single time you change something, i gotta go through all 34 characters X3 build templates in order to change traitlines to something more suitable or i like more."

I'm merely responding to your aversion to needing to change your traitlines to something more suitable or that you like more. I was with you on altering builds that cause people to need to completely rewrite builds. I'd appreciate if you can acknowledge that or at least that needing to change 34 characters is a 1st world-esque issue that doesn't really impact the majority of players.

If you want me to respond to the rest of your post, I can but I think the above is the root of 

It really is.

I don't think you read your own posts.

And yes, reply to whatever you want.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is wrong.

You're wrong.

I'm still on mesmer, and am already fed up of going through each traitlines. 

I haven't done my mirage yet, and I just wanna log the frock out of here.

This is a nuisance, and you know it.

Cmon.

You got peopleil in here saying they only have like 4 characters, and they don't find it fun nor useful doing this.

Just leave traitlines the heck alone. For goodness sake.

Do you know that I have to search wiki for each single trait they change to find out which spec they beling to?

Again, and again... I'll explain it.

With 34 active playable characters, I can't have my precious time monopolised like this.

They have to choose!

Between selling characters and all that comes with them, or stop messing traitlines.

You can't have both ways.

My girlfriend already asked me why I didn't reply to her this afternoon while I was reading all the god darn changes.

Just aswel she's a very patient woman. 

I should probablkeep p this to myself, but I already lost my ex wife because of guild wars 1.

I surely do not want to lose my girlfriend over gw2.

Hence...

bah, to heck with this.

I say no more.

• Confused 3