New WvW "Super Sneaky Tower Taker (SSTT) x 4" Achievement?

There I was... scouting for my team (red) on EBG between Veloka Slope and Mendon's Gap last night during NA primetime.  We were defending SMC from a sustained green attack at the time.

All of a sudden, with no visible activity or siege, all of the red towers were taken by blue within the span of two minutes or less.

I was just outside one of the towers when it flipped, and nada... zip... zilch... wasn't contested (i.e., no swords on tower's map icon), no visible invaders or siege.  I went to the other towers to check shortly after they flipped... nothing.  Minutes before all this happened there were a few blue stealthy ganksters not far from one of those towers.

So, if that isn’t already an achievement, should it be?

P.S., not condoning this sort of thing, but some exploits are funny... while others are not.  4 towers taken that fast, and in this manner... not so much.

Edited by Photon.6718

• Photon.6718 changed the title to New WvW "Super Sneaky Tower Taker (SSTT) x 4" Achievement?

Are you saying that roamers split up and took multiple smaller objectives at once instead of all blobbing up into a boonball and ktraining?  I thought that's how all the anti-boonballers tell us we are supposed to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Are you saying that roamers split up and took multiple smaller objectives at once instead of all blobbing up into a boonball and ktraining?  I thought that's how all the anti-boonballers tell us we are supposed to play.

I'm saying... if that were the case, I didn't see 'em or the siege they might have used to break into our sacred towers... the mystery continues.

Edited by Photon.6718
  • Like 1

maybe someone hid inside each tower and then ported a few teammates in for the quick kill and cap... sure, for that many people hiding in that many towers at once would require reliance on negligence of the enemies... but hey, i've seen boonballs be that negligent to not kill enemy thiefs and mesmers in towers after capping them...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

maybe someone hid inside each tower and then ported a few teammates in for the quick kill and cap

Most likely, but I was next to one of the towers when it flipped... saw nobody inside tower / near supervisor.  This matter has been referred to Scotland Yard for further investigation 🙂

Edited by Photon.6718

Are you on Darkhaven this week? I was playing too. I made it to Anz as it was captured with no siege. The fact that there was no siege at any of our 4 towers, really makes it seem like there was some hacking going on.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Photon.6718 said:

Most likely, but I was next to one of the towers when it flipped... saw nobody inside tower or near supervisor.  This matter has been referred to Scotland Yard for further investigation 🙂

well, in THAT case... nothing's ever going to come of the "investigation" because they'll be too busy "investigating" the plates of bacon at the entrances to the keeps... and there are enough players referencing bacon in game that they'll never accuse any single one of us for distracting them... 

• Haha 1

I haven't seen this in years but it reminds me of an occasion where we lost both of our t3 northern towers on alpine with no siege or warning, the only difference I can think of being that watchtower did light the offender up as a dot on lord when the towers flipped, so they weren't invisible. Then I caught and killed him three times in a row on hills lord before he gave up. I presume if you reported this sort of thing there would be consequences but who knows really . . ?

• Thanks 1

One day i was guarding nc on green border. Suddenly i saw garri flipped, i asked in chat how this happened and we run to check it and then we lose sunny, 1min later we lost crag too!
2mins later we lost bay, every objective was T3!!
There is a known Rev (most of the time he is playing with his Rev) exploiter on EU and goes underground and flips everything!
Most of the times he is just trolling but one day a friend asked him why he does it and he said to finish weekly faster 😄

There are spots in maps you can go underground, the easiest class is with mesmer from water!!
p.s i know him too, videos has been sent to devs but he is still playing!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

While the investigation continues, today there was this one deadeye on the blue team that appeared to be using a positioning exploit or hack.  This deadeye ran around Desert Borderlands for at least an hour this afternoon.  Several of us caught this individual in a few camps... always a deadeye and often with the same guild tag.  When we downed this player, another team mate would get a glimpse of him/her in an objective within a few seconds... far from blue's spawn point.  No, blue didn't have all he shrines 😜
Jumped from one place to another in an instant... solo burned the supervisor/lord lickety-split... rinse & repeat.
If one of our team was in the objective, the deadeye would just "jump" to another one.
After a while of several of us chasing this player around the map, poof... our T3 garri went up in smoke.  Again, no visible enemy or signs of entry via walls/gates.
While I'm not sure yet, this looks exactly like the exploit used -- maybe even by the same deadeye -- on the four EBG towers mentioned in my original post.

I'm sure this is great fun for that deadeye <:‑| 

Edited by Photon.6718

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It is also possible that it was just a good hider.

Maybe... but 4 towers within 2 minutes... that'd be 4 "good hiders" coordinating efforts?  A bit harder to pull off I think.

Edited by Photon.6718

13 hours ago, Photon.6718 said:

Maybe... but 4 towers within 2 minutes... that'd be 4 "good hiders" coordinating efforts?  A bit harder to pull off I think.

I believe Veloka and Mendon were tiered at that point too right?

• Thanks 1

Seeing this a lot from Fort Ranik (FR), Gunnar’s Hold (EN). GH have had known exploiters for years doing the same kitten.
Would love to have proper GM's to moderate this, I can definitely fault GH for embracing thieves who exploit into garrisons and use their portals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FC is the new SoS. They can't win the fights legitimately so they now have players that all they do is exploit and port hack around the maps. I've seen it myself and will spread the word to as many people as possible. It's very sad when the only way to stop them is to essentially camp the lord and place target painter traps on them as well if you are going to move away even for a moment. I have guild names and players but that's frowned down upon in the forums if you disclose that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2024 at 4:25 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

lol, we are not linked now. So you missed as I was trying to talk split and take, regroups vs move together while explaining Roamer Havoc tactics versus together. Yes its complicated. And if we get back to tourney days , lots need practice in all three. Servers are going out with the WR, but I miss a server practicing together. During links and some of the WRs been nice to see Havocs grouping, splitting and reforming to attack together. Pugs can do the same with practice. Just most of that was removed. Again those that have had a bad idea to group, good hunting and we practice more.

Wasn't just towers this week that blue was taking, they were teleport hacking keeps too. A thief either on BP or FC. No guild tag, and when I clicked to report him, no user name. Of course reporting for botting would have done nothing but I did anyway.  Made the week completely unbalanced in the matchup when one side was doing this.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, we are not linked now.

The link this time around is pretty toxic and "un-chill".  Lots of name-calling in teamchat last match that a northern T3 tower was lost on a queued map even though both the skirmish points and KDR was up by double over the opposing servers because the map queue was engaged in fights.  I'm not surprised there'd be other shenanigans going on this week related to objectives.  Someone's mad about the tie last match.

Edited by Chaba.5410

Posted (edited)

Well, if "our" thief is using a client-side positioning hack, the rest of what this deadeye's been doing is in this "helpful" video guide (keeps only)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFzsiIvsRhc

Darn, no wonder we've had trouble with this deadeye o.O  If nothing else, the video can help defenders know where to watch for this trash.

The last video comment made me smile though.

Edited by Photon.6718
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Wasn't just towers this week that blue was taking, they were teleport hacking keeps too. A thief either on BP or FC. No guild tag, and when I clicked to report him, no user name. Of course reporting for botting would have done nothing but I did anyway.  Made the week completely unbalanced in the matchup when one side was doing this.

The one I saw on EBG and Desert Borderlands this week was a deadeye on FC... often showing [FOE] guild... even claimed Air Keep for this guild, and blue leveled it up to T3 that day.

Here's what this deadeye did to Air Keep today.  Hurray, more points for the blue team \o/

Edited by Photon.6718