Afk Runners

hello,, just out of curiosity: does arenanet have any intention of doing something against afk runners against walls?

There is no option to report this type of behavior, there is no system that detects that even if the player runs, he doesn't move, that even if he uses skills, he doesn't damage anything.

Is it very difficult to do some programming in the game that detects this?

Maguuma has a queue for EB 24 hours a day, and whenever you enter it is easy to find at least 5~10 players using this practice.

Edited by Bruno.9632
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

One of the Anet WvW guys recently said it's something they know is an issue and are looking for a way of addressing it. I will try to get the relevant article when I can.

You can try reporting them for botting ingame and/or send a ticket to Support about it.

Edit with relevant article:

Queues Are Bad

We hear you! This was a major issue for some teams. During this first week, this was heavily impacted by a population surge from the WvW Rush event, but even in later weeks we could see some significant queue times on certain teams. We’re looking into ways to reduce queue pressure in prime-time slots while protecting balance in lower population times.

Many players have also pointed out that long queues led to an increase in AFK players; a vicious cycle. We are investigating better ways to clear inactive players from the maps to reduce this inflated pressure on queues.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-world-restructuring-beta-feedback-and-future/

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

The article @QueenKeriti.5176 linked is the best hope we've had in a while, but if you read the whole thing you'll also see that they set this as a lowest priority item : /

Yeah. :( They're just really trying to get world restructuring working at all, which I 100% understand. I do hope they can address this AFK runner thing, too, but I understand it not being Priority #1.

• Sad 1

Report them.  Encourage others to report them.

It is botting plain and simple.  These players aren't just autorunning.  They use skills on macros to keep from being timed out, no different than those necro MM botters you see everywhere.  Anet needs to start taking action against them.  They need to plainly state their policy against this behaviour specifically so there can be no doubt that it is wrong.  Anet is at fault as much as these cheating players are.

In Maguuma, in particular it's spectacularly bad.  Today, for example, along the backwall I counted (and reported) 30 plus players hiding and running against the walls.  Hours later many were still there.  The queue was hitting over 50 at the time, and there was a very noticeable lack of active players defending, fighting, and otherwise playing normally.  It affected everyone playing in a detrimental fashion.

At it's best, it's denying others the chance to play due to selfish aholes not wanting to wait their turn to play.  In reality, it's a form of match manipulation that sees significant changes in territory held, and an inability to fight back.

If you're ok with this Anet, say so.  I'll stop reporting it, and I'll start doing the same.  I don't like waiting for queues either.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

well i know a server in EU that is almost half of map is afk wall smoochers all time still doing okish with other half active ppl

as you mentioned maghuma server i know that server not sure if the ppl i know from old days still playing it don't need full map to fight cos there is no enemy content except in their ebg spawn in that 5 to 6 ppl afk wall smooching is not a big thing i guess maybe even 10 players afk is not a big deal just wait in que get in enjoy fights and if u have to a little break just go wall smooching like others or if u done then log off

compare 30 players afk server vs 5 to 10 afk server that's a lot of difference

JTM

viva la AMX

Edited by Rohith.7865
forgot to say JTM
  • Confused 1