What is the point of Menders Purity to even read that it casts a Lesser Power Cleanse if it isnt considered a mantra charge for Restoritive Mantras?

Gesbo.6420

It just feels like the change removes so much flavour and interesting interactions between traits. it would be so much cooler to keep the interaction but to a lessened effect (as it is a lesser mantra) but completely removing it is just lame...

• Like 3

It’s another piece to add to the pile of Mesmer inconsistencies.

It looks like a Mantra, it even works like a Mantra……………but it’s not a Mantra. 

It’s a Shatter skill, it even works like a Shatter skill……..…….but Continuum Split doesn’t work with Signet of Illusions.

It’s a normal Mesmer utility skill, it even works like a normal Mesmer utility skill…………….but Mimic doesn’t work with Continuum Split.

It looks like a Blade, it even slashes hard like a Blade………….but Sword skills are not “Blade”. But Greatsword skills are!

They’re pink like illusions, they’re even called imaginary constructs by NPC…..……but Virtuoso’s Blades are not “illusions” for the purpose of any illusion-related skills. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think at this point we can surely say that mesmer is the most broken class in terms of how much unfinished/useless/exceptional interraction traits it has

Mesmer was complicated by default for a lot of people, now even the fact that some skills trigger certain traits and some doesn't makes the whole class more complicated, and do not get me wrong, I do like it when a class is somewhat hard to pull off right but mesmer is that in the wrong way

ANet put so much potential into mesmer by making it a bit more complicated than other classes, and they are failing so hard at understanding it that it's just funny

I did my 5k hours on mesmer, but since a long time every time I am doing something that's not raids or strikes I just play something else, since they loaded everything into Chrono which get's screwed by the base mechanics of the combat system since it's reliant on stacking up illusions(clone+phantasm) where most of the time you running around hitting things in AoE in a fast pace, I just don't enjoy it anymore

Virtuoso was a nice change for once, but the lack of "development" on that spec just killed the whole class for me as it is, the same with Mirage

At this point, mesmer in a lot of cases feels like it was made for a completely other game than GW2, something like FF or WoW where you are more than likely not gonna one hit things 

• Like 6

another case of why a trait gets ruined to smithereens. whom does this change help??? it's hard to enjoy mesmer with a lot of the nerfs to boonrips and flavor. mesmer feels pretty misunderstood by anet. it's sad.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Nepster.4275 said:

Mesmer was complicated by default for a lot of people, now even the fact that some skills trigger certain traits and some doesn't makes the whole class more complicated, and do not get me wrong, I do like it when a class is somewhat hard to pull off right but mesmer is that in the wrong way

This type of complication is not mechanical depth tho, its forced confusing interactions... 

Recent patches tho feel like a constant push and pull of ideas - when inspiration was recently reworked it felt like there was some sort of vision - you have lots of tools that allow you to play a support - you want to condition cleanse but don't want to bring mantras? OK try sympathetic visage. You want to grab mantras? Excellent we will tie healing to matra charges instead so it can empower one of the skill sets we have had the most issues with in past years. 

Not too long later they started stripping all the ideas they introduced, lesser mantras not counting for mantras for some reason which is unacceptable... like are there any other lesser skills that have a trait that empowers them that doesn't prock? Then visage also got reverted.

Chaos had the same treatment, chaotic transferrence was an interesting skill, and it also synergysed with membrane which was also reworked and now slowly taking all those fun interactions back... 

It's like we get cool interesting ideas implemented and then someone says oh no you can't have THAT much fun synergies bring it back to boring....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1