Would this work as an LI heal chrono?

Sindust.7059

I've never really enjoyed playing healers in GW2, because I couldn't find a way to simplify the "meta" builds to a form that would be easy enough for me to play while still providing all the boons and healing that is required. But I just played around with rifle chrono on the dummy in the "extremely threatening" damage field, and I think it gets the job done.

Here is what I came up with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi0AQt7lZkxaSZL5NrsWZne0TqtXA-DSRYjRNgE+yo6UI9KQ3XDs0/mFUB-e

The testing in the damage field I did with harriers gear to give a better representation of how well it would perform in such a high damage situation, but I think I'll play with giver's as I put it in the build editor.

The things that will be different compared to the snowcrows build and how it's intended to be played:
1. I got enough concentration for almost 100% boon duration. The reason is, I really don't like Continuum Split, because it's very awkward having to wait for all cooldowns to finish before I use it, and also somehow make sure I'm not at low HP after not having pressed buttons for like 5-10 seconds while I wait. I really just don't know what the hell to do with this skill, so I got concentration up to get enough boon uptime without it.
2. I decided to use Gravity Well, since it gives an extra heal, and it still does a decent amount of CC.
3. I intend to completely just camp rifle, never switching to scepter/shield.

After trying this, it looks like the only boon I'm missing is resolution, with only resistance having low uptime (and alac/quick, whichever I did not pick the trait for). Vigor is cutting it close too, because I only give it with F2, which is 16s duration with a 15s CD (with alacrity). But Protection seems to be doing ok with just Illusionary Defense giving it, without using the shield.

Also since my intention is to use this in fractals, I decided to go with Mantra of Concentration, and the stab uptime is excellent from what I could tell from watching the boons.

So the question I have is basically whether you think this would work and give you all the support that you'd need if I showed up to a run with that build and played as I described. And maybe offer some suggestions on how to improve this build without making it harder to play.

Edited by Sindust.7059
  • Confused 1

I use an almost exact build, except for a few differences. It's also a really lazy build and I don't really use Continuum Split anywhere.

Reasoning for my choices:

- Full Giver's instead of Minstrel's, mainly because I can switch 1:1 to Harrier's whenever needed. Also higher concentration, because higher healing is overkill.

- Sigil of Water instead of Sigil of Concentration. With Giver and Water Rune I'm already at 89% boon duration, and the other 11% I can get from Regen uptime and Chaotic Persistence. Sigil of Concentration here would be a waste, and Sigil of Water is a better replacement since I want to camp Rifle anyway.

- I have found Scepter/Shield to be inferior to Rifle. Scepter's heal-per-second is inferior to Rifle while not providing anything support-wise, so it's a waste. Shield gives some Might and Swiftness, and some tiny Protection, but Rifle gives more Might, Protection uptime is already high through Illusionary Defense, and there are other ways to Swiftness. That's why I use Rifle/Staff. I have found that the best approach is to use Staff as the opener: Staff 4 for 100% boon duration then cast Staff 3, then swap and cast Rifle 2, you'll now have 3 clones up for your 1st Shatter. 

-  Illusionary Reversion instead of Improved Alacrity: Mostly a personal choice, I did state this is a lazy build and I don't want to manage the difference when I switch between Alac/Quick. But Reversion has the advantage of retaining 1 Clone whenever you do a full Shatter, allowing you to do a full Shatter more frequently (and the retained Clone counts as a new Summon, so it triggers Illusionary Inspiration for even more healing). 

- Signet of Illusions: It's a lazy build so bringing this means I have 1 less button to press. Mostly helps with fuel for full Shatters, but in the extreme cases I can even reset the Shatters immediately and use them again. This is very useful when comboing with F4, because your F4 gives a lot of Stability and Aegis thanks to traits. This is why I find bringing both Well of Precog and Mantra of Concentration a bit overkill when you already have F4.  

• Thanks 1

You don't have to wait for cooldowns to line up perfectly to use Continuum Split. There's a few quite simple ways to use it.

For example, to get a chunk of your alac/quick uptime at the start of a battle before you use any shatters. Use split with your first clone(s) then spam your shatters then split again (or let it run out) - a quick and easy burst to a lot of boons at no cost of shatter cooldowns.

Another way is to use it for a powerful skill to use it twice back to back, or just to keep a 2nd use off cooldown. Like split -> moa -> unsplit -> moa for double the defiance damage, same with gravity well. Or well of precog if you may need a burst of stability and aegis twice in a row.

It's a powerful skill, you can use it in small ways for strong effects.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 6:01 PM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

I use an almost exact build, except for a few differences. It's also a really lazy build and I don't really use Continuum Split anywhere.

Reasoning for my choices:

- Full Giver's instead of Minstrel's, mainly because I can switch 1:1 to Harrier's whenever needed. Also higher concentration, because higher healing is overkill.

- Sigil of Water instead of Sigil of Concentration. With Giver and Water Rune I'm already at 89% boon duration, and the other 11% I can get from Regen uptime and Chaotic Persistence. Sigil of Concentration here would be a waste, and Sigil of Water is a better replacement since I want to camp Rifle anyway.

- I have found Scepter/Shield to be inferior to Rifle. Scepter's heal-per-second is inferior to Rifle while not providing anything support-wise, so it's a waste. Shield gives some Might and Swiftness, and some tiny Protection, but Rifle gives more Might, Protection uptime is already high through Illusionary Defense, and there are other ways to Swiftness. That's why I use Rifle/Staff. I have found that the best approach is to use Staff as the opener: Staff 4 for 100% boon duration then cast Staff 3, then swap and cast Rifle 2, you'll now have 3 clones up for your 1st Shatter. 

-  Illusionary Reversion instead of Improved Alacrity: Mostly a personal choice, I did state this is a lazy build and I don't want to manage the difference when I switch between Alac/Quick. But Reversion has the advantage of retaining 1 Clone whenever you do a full Shatter, allowing you to do a full Shatter more frequently (and the retained Clone counts as a new Summon, so it triggers Illusionary Inspiration for even more healing). 

- Signet of Illusions: It's a lazy build so bringing this means I have 1 less button to press. Mostly helps with fuel for full Shatters, but in the extreme cases I can even reset the Shatters immediately and use them again. This is very useful when comboing with F4, because your F4 gives a lot of Stability and Aegis thanks to traits. This is why I find bringing both Well of Precog and Mantra of Concentration a bit overkill when you already have F4.  

I will definitely rebalance stats because of your 2nd point, because I totally overlooked it.

I'll also give staff a try. It sounds like there is some good synergy there.

In regard to Illusionary Reversion, I'm not convinced, because while it would improve the shatters, so does Improved Alac, but Improved Alac also improves all the other skills.

In regard to signet vs. Mantra of Concentration... The way I see it, it's a tradeoff between total buttons to press vs. situational awareness. And as someone who has never played a healer, I'll have the capacity to mindlessly press the extra button as part of a rotation, but not the capacity to reliably and appropriately react to every mechanic until I can do the basics on autopilot.

I've got one question though: how do you provide swiftness if you use relic of the flock?

Thank you for this post, this will definitely help me refine my build.

Edited by Sindust.7059
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

I've got one question though: how do you provide swiftness if you use relic of the flock?

It's not a boon I intend to provide and I went with Flock for better burst heal potential. But if you wish you can use Febe and see how it works for you. 

• Thanks 1

Continuum Split in general is a bit of liability in most fights. You are better off just using it to reset either your ultimate or your heal skill while spamming all your shatters. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1

By camping rifle you will hinder your clone generation , scepter is definitely really good for that and remind you that you ahve less alacrity on yourself so you need the extra clones for yourself uptime alacrity even if you are quickness you will generate some for you to diminish a bit the counterpart of having alacrity +50% more efficient but 33% less longer

Otherwise it would work perfectly , but for fractals i would rather use focus instead of shield cause the block from shield will only generate a fantasm on block and if you are not tanking it could be troublesome on some encounters , also foucs has the insane skill 4 grab , trust me your dpses will love you for clumping up 5 mobs in a tiny pixel.

would also mention the good swap between quickness and alacrity the chrono has and if you make a lfg you should mention that cause you will have an easier way to find people and also some of the damage/support can ask you to swap from alac to quickness if some fights are easier for them as alacrity or quickness dps.

In raids or strikes you will have no trouble finding groups for chrono healers , but for fractals i am afraid people are still stucked with the hfb omega aegis generator , while you havce very decent aegis generation with chrono trough distorsion and precog. pit who is a 3 aegis in a row being so a great damage mitigator.

I use only continuum split on static fights (been dead too much on desmina killing walls with continuum split) but here i a great starter if you want amazing boon uptime : rifle 4 2 times then rifle 2 for 3  clones , continuum split use all your shatters skills then use signet of illusion who recharge all shatters use all your pits during the shatters spam, re use all shatters , continuum split procs , re use all shatters then re use signet of illusion and the re re re use shatters , you will give crap tone of boon , aegis over aegis , ton of stab,  making your whole group ignore the first 10 secondes of the fight making it like a raid golem training fight , and a nuts starter for yourself as alacrity uptime and most key boon covered for 20-30 secondes.

But yeah doing so is not really LI. sorry.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Thanks 1