[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1 hour ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

I'm not sure this has ever been requested before, but if it has, then hopefully this request will bring more attention to it. I would really love it if each species could use both the female hairstyles and the male hairstyles. Especially since in some cases, like with the Asura and Charr, the differences between male and female characters aren't as noticeable, and if I recall, some of the male Asura hairstyles even look more stereotypically feminine (to me anyway). There's one male Asura short hairstyle in particular that I absolutely love and, I'll admit, is the primary reason/inspiration for my request, as I want it for my female asura, but I still think it's a good idea to let female and male characters have access to all hairstyles of their species. With GW2's overall inclusiveness, it seems odd to me to separate the male and female hairstyles at all anyway. 

Some hairstyles have been ported across, due to requests. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Probably been suggested somewhere but seeing as Instant Armor-Reinforcing Canister and the Endless Reinforcing Canister are basically useless now, why not add +2% to Vitality and Defense  to the 5%  for Reinforced Armor when used (Instant) or equipped (Endless).

Or just turn them into Portable Jade Bot Workbench.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

would it be possible to get a search function on the big pve map? i know you can already sort by zones (cantha, mag, tyria) but i have a harder time finding the specific towns, areas, or waypoints.

my vision isnt to great and when looking for something it tends to take awhile in the soup that is the big map. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Some hairstyles have been ported across, due to requests. 

I did not know that - thanks for letting me know! That gives me hope that maybe all hairstyles will eventually be able to be used for both genders for each species. I can dream anyway 🙂. I won't post the hairstyle I want most - as much as I want it, I think I'd rather root for all hairstyles to be accessible to all genders (which would give me the hairstyle I wanted anyway, true, but might take a lot longer). More options and more inclusivity are never a bad thing. It wouldn't hurt to extend beyond the hairstyles either, customization-wise, but I'll stick with hoping for the hairstyles for now.

• Confused 1

For the love of god i beg you, give us a an option to be able to colorize damaging and non damaging ground aoe effects.
On another game (ESO) you can colorize them by default options and its so easy to use.
I did my grounding and friendly grounding effects green and red the damaging and enemy effects for example and its so easy not to get confused and roll/dodge to whatever 😕

Please 😞

Edited by Darkstalix.5183
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Should be able to consume fruit.

Why can we not eat fruit in this game?

... an apple for instance, or an orange.

Even if they just give small boosts and in shorter periods.

--- 

And for the love of God, please just give us mercenaries already. 

Or alternatively a character swap option with one companion of our own characters; but ideally give us 2 or 3 mercs team options with our own characters to create partoes with them.

A lot of people have been asking for this for many years.

You could make a lot of money selling mercenaries slots.

People want to give you their money.

Please make that a reality. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
To add mercs requests
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Could we get legendary infusions added to the game. I was thinking they could use a provisioner token type method, the same as for sigils and runes. I have power infusions for wvw, condi infusions for wvw, healing power infusions for wvw, agony resistance infusions for fractals...

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:32 AM, Daemon.7682 said:

Jade Runestones are a crafting Material. They are used to craft legendaries or variants for them. Why are they not in material storage? Icy and Mystic Runestones are. Please add Jade Runestones to the material storage.

And the A. S. S., i.e. all materials used to craft the EoD legendaries.

• Confused 1

There are many amazing Outfit designs

I think these excellent designs should be liked by more people

But,If you use outfit

Then the Transmutation skin will not be displayed

Now people can have up to eight Equipment Templates

All it takes is one simple change(Sorry, maybe it's not easy)

Outfit turns into Transmutation skin

Don't have to take its parts apart

Allowing it to Transmutation at a particular site

I'm sure more people will buy it(At least I am)

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

What a lovely poem. I guess it's meaning is applied by the observer, rather than the author.

Just because I really want to use Outfit, but I also use Equipment Templates

I even wanted to use different Outfit in different Equipment Templates

That's a cool thing to do😏

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

They make outfits for players that doesn’t want to make their own fashion. They can’t split existing outfits into skin pieces. I can understand wanting this, but it will not happen. 

The OP's request wasn't to split them into skins, but to bind them to equipment tabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

While we're at it, mount skins/dyes, gliders and equipment visibility (trinkets, weapons, gloves, shoulders and headgear) should be bound to specific equipment tab too.

I think that would be hard (though I'd love to)

I think at least the Transmutation and outfit are similar, so it should be relatively easy💗

• Confused 1

• lambo.6172 changed the title to BLC Jade tech jetpack back & glider combo needs some changes.

GET RID OF THE FORCED COLORS ON GEAR.

Today you released the Water Dragon gear set, which actually caught my eye for several reasons:
- no carcinogenic sparkles, (almost) only wondrously crafted armor pieces (almost, 'cuz the headpiece and shoulders are relatively questionable, but still at least thematic)
- every single part seems to be perfectly dyeable
- even the Gem pricing - a 1k discount on the full set, while the separate pieces being (subjectively) well worth the asking price
But since I've already burned myself not once before within your store, the <Caveat Emptor> mode was engaged, and bore its fruit once more, because the entire set has this strange rainbow sheen on top, no matter the dye used.

https://imgur.com/F2GMnKc
I. Shadow Abyss, II. Permafrost, III. Rosewood

Looks more like an Oiled Water Dragon set, doesn't it?
For all intents and purposes, I don't think it's a bad idea to begin with. Perhaps it could be turned into another "overall" dye channel granted by wearing a certain part, or a sort of set effect when wearing the entirety of the set, or even just a toggle option, say, on the chest piece that would turn the effect on and off like it turns on and off the visibility of helmets, shoulders, and gloves.

Still, this made me recall all the gorgeous items you've made over the years which are basically unusable with certain colors because of another Tyrian proprietary phenomenon: "base" colors
That's as far as my research got me: certain items, for whatever reason, have some of their dye channels already "pre-filled", and the player's dye choice doesn't replace the color, but gets mixed with it.
In case the desired color is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum - and the game does actually have the shades - this can be circumvented by some tinkering and getting (as close) to the desired hue (as possible).
But when deeper shades come into play, this is virtually impossible, because the top-most hue cannot get one-up'd by anything else.

The second problem with forced colors is when certain effects have a forced lighter hue than others.
Might be the same principle as the one above, might not, but it certainly makes matching different flames and lightnings and what-have-you a nightmare.

And then there's the third issue with base colors: undyeable parts.
Which are pretty self-explanatory, e. g. the Toxic Armguard. A unique, beautiful model, but the green veins are always green and can't be dyed.

Here's a "Full Shadow Abyss" set made out of these problems.
Gear used:
Sun Aspect Eye, Etherbound Pauldrons, Whisper's Secret Longvest, Toxic Armguard, Luminescent Leggings, Hellfire Greaves, and Stained Glass Wings backpack.
https://imgur.com/7emW5Un

And, as always, you yourself proving that it can be done correctly in your own game.
A real full Shadow Abyss set with properly colored shinies: 
Tempest Gaze, Fused Shoulders, Blossoming Mist Shard Chestguard, Foefire Wraps, Carapace Leggings, Seven Reapers Greaves*, and Nightspeaker Wings.
https://imgur.com/QH21frR

*The Seven Reapers Greaves' emanating energy suffers a bit from the forced lighter hue problem.

If there's something I myself could do to help, let me know.
Haven't been one to just cry and complain for a fair while now. Acta, non verba.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1