[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 4/22/2023 at 5:56 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

QoL improvement for guild bank -- make it function like the regular bank so that you can double-click an item in your inventory and it automatically adds that item to a stack in the guild bank. Right now, people have to put ones and twos in the guild bank and it gets cluttered really fast. (If they don't have permissions to withdraw the partial stack, add their items, then redeposit the stack.)

Seconding this! It's such a pain. I want to give my guildies more of the mats they need to craft something.
Not add to their work by cluttering the guild bank.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Confused 1

Now that Reaper is seeing more use in endgame content again (finally!):

Can we please change the Squad UI Color for the "Health Bar" of the Reaper Shroud?
The violet color in the Squad UI for the Specter Shroud
shows that this is possible on the coding side of things.

Reaper shroud looks green like normal health bars, so this tend to gives our Raid/Strike Healers
panic attacks.

Please consider this QoL change. 🙏It's been a struggle for years.

6 hours ago, Chrysline.2317 said:

Now that Reaper is seeing more use in endgame content again (finally!):

Can we please change the Squad UI Color for the "Health Bar" of the Reaper Shroud?
The violet color in the Squad UI for the Specter Shroud
shows that this is possible on the coding side of things.

Reaper shroud looks green like normal health bars, so this tend to gives our Raid/Strike Healers
panic attacks.

Please consider this QoL change. 🙏It's been a struggle for years.

I still don't understand why it isn't a split healthbar, showing shroud AND health...

• Like 1

A way to rearrange weapon skills.

Sometimes, skills fulfill a certain role, like this is my AOE skill, that is my skill when I'm in a clinch etc. However, they're often in different skill slots for different weapons, e.g. Phantasmal Swordsman is skill 5 on sword but Phantasmal Berserker is skill 4 on the greatsword. This can be confusing.

There's no one "correct" arrangement, it's very personal and also situational, so ANet can't do it "right". Therefore, we should be able to choose the slots for the skills ourselves. In this example, I'd move sword 5 to slot 4 or greatsword 4 to slot 5, so the phantasm skills are on the same button for both weapon sets.

Edited by Abnaxos.4305
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

The horizontal setting looks great when zoomed in as it looks like a proper 3rd person game but once you zoom out it looks very weird. It would be great if ArenaNet added a Horizontal Far option so we can center ourselves when zooming out as that makes sense and have it offset when zoomed in for Horizontal Near.

Idk where to really recommend this option other than here. Any other action combat players that would like to see this?

• Like 3

Please complete the Citadel Assault backpack/glider animation, a very good skin for charr characters, but lacks opening the wings while moving back, or a simple jump, with characteristic voice acting. This effect was also included in the landing on the mount, for example, on the beetle. When I sit on a beetle, these wings open and hide, it looks and sounds very cool.     Everything I have written is extremely simple requests-I am sure of this, but ignored, so far. Why?-IDK.

• Confused 1

There are so many QoL things that has be added to the game that the game never informs new players about and it should.

Players get no info on the following things:

- That you can mouse over the legend on the map and the corresponding icons will flash as long as the subzone is unfogged.

- The /wiki <quarry> being integrated into the game. Knowing how this works would make the game a lot less arcane to come to understand.

- That you can sell things straight from your inventory by opening the selling interface on a vendor and then right-clicking the item and if it can be sold then a "sell" option will appear on the dropdown menu.

- That you can target an enemy by clicking their health bar on the left of the screen if they have one there.

I only learned that these things existed from watching Laranity videos where she went through unknown features that the players could use.

Basically use these two videos for "things the player should know." The game is 10+ years old a lot of features have been added, especially in recent years, that players are never informed about and they should be since they offer incredible QoL improvements.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

There is a small issue in WvW where some classes can be either DPS or Support like Vindicator or Tempest or Scrapper etc...

When Commanders try to organise parties with Main Support, Secondary Support etc.. in a 50 people squad this can be difficult and confusing.

Maybe a color code on Squad Grid depending on Gear Stats will solve this problem and make our lives easier.

For example if the players Gear is DPS orienteded, a light Red overlay is on his name in the Squad Grid and if the Gear is more of Support, a light Green could be used.

This feature could be enabled/disabled with a simple checkbox.

Edited by MeskaLitO.9576
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The leviathan should be tweaked. Currently killing the uvula breaks the thick skin buff temporarily, but it's *very* temporary compared to breaking it with skiffs for some reason. Killing the uvula is much harder so it really should be the other way around. Then killing the uvula would become viable as a way for low population maps to kill the Leviathan when there aren't enough skiffs around, and it would make it a little less braindead for the big zergs if the debuff from the skiffs was shorter and had to be rebroken at least once during the fight.

Like, I was just on a map where only three of us were fighting the Leviathan and only two of us had skiffs, so it seemed like a good time to test out how the uvula mechanics work exactly. I killed it and got the debuff for like 5 seconds. It just needs to be longer like when you get the stacks down to zero with the skiffs, because it's a much less trivial thing to do.

Edited by Perihen the Thawk.9527
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

CURSOR - bigger , flashier, more pointy please. 

I know there is a setting in option to make the cursor more contrasting, that doesn't work for me because when you set it to the high contrast cursor, it becomes "fat" and cannot even click a way point correctly. 

I hereby would like to request size, shape and color change for cursor. 

• Haha 1

Do you think it would be possible to add weather the outfit button is checked to the equipment templates, as when changing equipment templates on some of my builds to keep it consistent I have to manually turn the outfits on and off for it fit the equipment build.

If you can do that would it be possible to add all check markers for the clothing and trinkets.

Thank you.

Edited by skillze.7689
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't seen this topic mentioned here for a few years, so here goes:  I'm crafting The Juggernaut and would love it if a permanent or at least longer-lasting version of the Mystic Chromatic Ooze was available.  It's currently only 5 minutes.  Please please please!  I don't have it yet but am working on the precursor, and I do think it should be tied to that, not available as something anyone could buy.  I love special gizmos that come from actually crafting an item.  Thank you!

Iron commander character slots are meant for the players who want to play the game as though they have a new account, without needing a new account (and therefore needing to buy xpacs and lw seasons). 

Iron-commander slots do not benefit from account wide masteries, shared inventory slots, The legendary armory, account-wide bank space, account-wide home instance nodes, or account-shared currencies. Everything they do is from the ground up. 

Why? Some players enjoy a challenge, or also like to experience the game for the first time again, and this will give them that option. 

Meanwhile, I feel like offering these slots to players offers anet a little profit in terms of players using the gemstore a little more, as items bought in these slots also don't share with the rest of the account, ergo allowing redundant purchases, if the player so wills it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

It would be rather unfortunate to get a rare infusion drop while playing an iron commander character. You could sell it, but you wouldn't be able to pass it to your other characters. Mail shenanigans?  Materials storage sounds like another problem. 

For me at least, I would want a way to remove the iron mode from a character.  I would absolutely become tired of the restrictions once it became a high level character.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

If you think this would be fun I strongly recommend making a free account and trying it out. I know that means you won't have the expansions and LW seasons which is part of what you want, but get through the base game first and see if it's actually as fun as you think and something you'd stick with through all that content.

Also all the restrictions you listed can be done now just by not allowing yourself to use those things on that character. You do have to keep track of currencies somehow, and you'd have to disable auto-loot in the options menu., You can't disable the swiftness boost in cities (which is annoying, I'd turn it off entirely if I could), but that doesn't do anything useful anyway.

(Also as someone who does like various challenge/themed characters and makes them regularly I would never buy a gem store item I've already got just to use it on a restricted character.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3